‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 31
Users visited: 533  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by GT on 25.03.2008 at 21:26
Since the old topic exceded its post limit here's the new topic about the band many of us like.

Last discussion in the old topic was about these shoes.

Post your thoughts and comments

EDIT: link to the old topic here

Page 26 of 31

JohnDoe

06.06.2012 at 23:11
Written by Guest on 06.06.2012 at 22:57

Hey there! Can someone help me?

I'm listening to their debut album right now. The song "Strange World" has different vocals compared to what I was listening in youtube. They are more raw and heavy in the album, and clean in youtube. Also, there's no "Sanctuary" ... is this the original album, or what remaster/release is it??

EDIT: Strange world has also a weird intro...

What raw vocals on Strange world? That's a ballad And what's so weird about the intro?
----
"what happens in my subconscious is not my business"
Angelic Storm
Melodious

06.06.2012 at 23:57
When the album was originally released, "Sanctuary" only appeared on the US version, as the song wasn't released as a single there. (but it was released in the UK, hence the omission of the song in that territory's version of the album). When the album was reissued in the 90's though, the song was added to the album for all territories.
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
  07.06.2012 at 19:45
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.06.2012 at 23:57

When the album was originally released, "Sanctuary" only appeared on the US version, as the song wasn't released as a single there. (but it was released in the UK, hence the omission of the song in that territory's version of the album). When the album was reissued in the 90's though, the song was added to the album for all territories.

Hm... but the song "Strange World" was changed when the album was reissued? 'Cause it is a bit raw and it's intro is different too in my album.
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
  07.06.2012 at 19:47
Written by JohnDoe on 06.06.2012 at 23:11

Written by Guest on 06.06.2012 at 22:57

Hey there! Can someone help me?

I'm listening to their debut album right now. The song "Strange World" has different vocals compared to what I was listening in youtube. They are more raw and heavy in the album, and clean in youtube. Also, there's no "Sanctuary" ... is this the original album, or what remaster/release is it??

EDIT: Strange world has also a weird intro...

What raw vocals on Strange world? That's a ballad And what's so weird about the intro?

Yeah, but I've heard two versions of it, one with the vocals clean and another a bit more heavy. And the intro is different now.
Azarath

13.06.2012 at 02:38
Written by Guest on 07.06.2012 at 19:47

Yeah, but I've heard two versions of it, one with the vocals clean and another a bit more heavy. And the intro is different now.

Maybe you've heard The Soundhouse Tapes version? "Strange World" was recorded but not included on the EP. It was later released on the Best of the Beast compilation.
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
  13.06.2012 at 18:53
Written by Azarath on 13.06.2012 at 02:38

Written by Guest on 07.06.2012 at 19:47

Maybe you've heard The Soundhouse Tapes version? "Strange World" was recorded but not included on the EP. It was later released on the Best of the Beast compilation.

That's right!! I was listening the demo version all the time, and the demo version is ten millions time better

Edit: Thanks for you help.
vgmaster9

14.06.2012 at 22:36
I love these guys, one of my faves.
BlueMobius
Ronin

22.06.2012 at 06:47
I'm really hating that I'm going to be missing Iron Maiden's show in Atlanta this weekend. Grrr. I'm feeling that nauseousness that comes along when I can't make a show I really want to attend.
Susan
Smeghead

22.06.2012 at 18:46
Written by BlueMobius on 22.06.2012 at 06:47

I'm really hating that I'm going to be missing Iron Maiden's show in Atlanta this weekend. Grrr. I'm feeling that nauseousness that comes along when I can't make a show I really want to attend.

Oh no! Why are you missing it?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
BlueMobius
Ronin

22.06.2012 at 22:13
Written by Susan on 22.06.2012 at 18:46

Oh no! Why are you missing it?

Mainly, family members are coming down to visit me this weekend making it impossible for me to leave to make the trip to Atlanta to see Iron Maiden.
Susan
Smeghead

23.06.2012 at 00:48
Makes sense. I'm going and I'll try to post some pics!!!!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
Boxcar Willy
*sigh*

23.06.2012 at 01:57
Written by Susan on 23.06.2012 at 00:48

Makes sense. I'm going and I'll try to post some pics!!!!

Be sure to take one for me

I'd love to see Iron Maiden, but shows are 6 hours away, and tickets are insanely high for a student like me
----
forever bummed out
Mattybu
#Kony2012

23.06.2012 at 22:20
I saw Iron Maiden in Toronto on their Final Frontier tour back in 2010. Setlist was a bit weak but it was a good show. Debating on whether or not to see them when they come around.

And yeah tickets were expensive. I remember it was about $40 for lawn "seats".
Susan
Smeghead

25.06.2012 at 17:09
Ok, set list on this tour was awesome! Mostly pre-Seventh Son songs, plus a few newer ones that fit really well and give it a nice flow. I was super happy

I also had $40 lawn seating and I just want to say it was better than actual "seats" I had last time. Saw them several years ago outside of Seattle and the seats were great but once the show starts you're just standing in front of your seat. On the lawn (nearly as close) you can rock out barefoot on the grass and are not confined to one small square of concrete to stand on. One of the best times I've had at a show. Until I can afford the super expensive tickets, lawn it is for me!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
Guib

11.07.2012 at 23:07
I saw them few days ago at the ottawa's bluesfest with Alice cooper ! T'was fucking insane ! I mean their set is incredible, and for those who might have heard already, Yes it is true they don't play Hallowed Be Thy Name. But here's the set I got (not in the right order but anyways)

-Moonchild
-Number Of The Beast
-Aces High
-The Evil That Men Do
-Wasted Years
-Running Free
-Iron Maiden
-Phantom Of The Opera
-2 minutes to midnight
-Fear Of The Dark
-Afraid To Shoot Strangers
-Can I Play with madness
-The Evil That Men Do
-Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
-The Trooper
-Run To The Hills

Pretty good if you ask me!
----
- I love my technical, melodic, my thrash, agressive and fast paced, my sludge, well thought, my heavy, heavier and my metal, ever-growing -
axelx666

13.07.2012 at 16:38
Im gonna leave this here:

bruce seems like a really cool person.

my favorite song is: blood brothers
favorite album: the final frontier

to be honest, iron maiden is probably greatest metal band in the world,and i don't think you can argue with that.
this=fact

(i mean they have attained god status)
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
@gent_-_orange

17.08.2012 at 03:20
Written by axelx666 on 13.07.2012 at 16:38

to be honest, iron maiden is probably greatest metal band in the world,and i don't think you can argue with that.
this=fact

Depends on how you define great. Most popular/successful ? Maybe. But I can name many bands I prefer over Iron Maiden. Maiden are a good stepping stone band to get you into Metal but to be honest I gave up on them ages ago.
----
Alone he sits, A vanquished Lord upon an oaken throne, presiding o'er this conflict that chills him to the bone, for each tarnished blade that festers is a thorn thrust in his side and his pain alone bears witness to the folly of mankind.
Guib

21.08.2012 at 06:53
Written by @gent_-_orange on 17.08.2012 at 03:20

this=fact

Depends on how you define great. Most popular/successful ? Maybe. But I can name many bands I prefer over Iron Maiden. Maiden are a good stepping stone band to get you into Metal but to be honest I gave up on them ages ago.

Loll.. I see what you mean. But honestly I can't give up on them, you can get tired of some songs I guess.. but Maiden's awesome. No matter how many times you've heard their names of songs, its still one of the greatest metal bands. What they achieved, what they do... and how they do it is incredible. With not so much Media help...
----
- I love my technical, melodic, my thrash, agressive and fast paced, my sludge, well thought, my heavy, heavier and my metal, ever-growing -
Warman
Erotic Stains

02.10.2012 at 10:34
Just got my ticket for the Maiden England tour next summer. I'll see them live for the sixth time in eight years. The classic boring stuff can suck my ass. "The Trooper"? Like I care. But there will probably be some awesome stuff that I haven't experienced live before. Although I hate that they're just doing two thirds of the original setlist along with other songs. So far they've skipped "Killers" and "Still Life" from the original! You are tearing me apart, Iron Maiden!!!
----

"The Bro Code" article 72: A bro never spell-checks.
Perun

03.10.2012 at 11:12
Written by Guib on 11.07.2012 at 23:07

I saw them few days ago at the ottawa's bluesfest with Alice cooper ! T'was fucking insane ! I mean their set is incredible, and for those who might have heard already, Yes it is true they don't play Hallowed Be Thy Name. But here's the set I got (not in the right order but anyways)

-Moonchild
-Number Of The Beast
-Aces High
-The Evil That Men Do
-Wasted Years
-Running Free
-Iron Maiden
-Phantom Of The Opera
-2 minutes to midnight
-Fear Of The Dark
-Afraid To Shoot Strangers
-Can I Play with madness
-The Evil That Men Do
-Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
-The Trooper
-Run To The Hills

Pretty good if you ask me!

Wooow this has been a killer gig no doubt I remember their awsome set list back in 2005 on Early Days tour when they played songs from first four albums.. But this set list is a killer.. Love it..
Iamawalker

04.10.2012 at 17:29
Written by Guib on 21.08.2012 at 06:53

this=fact

Loll.. I see what you mean. But honestly I can't give up on them, you can get tired of some songs I guess.. but Maiden's awesome. No matter how many times you've heard their names of songs, its still one of the greatest metal bands. What they achieved, what they do... and how they do it is incredible. With not so much Media help...

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Yupp, Maiden truly is awesome! Guess I'm one of those weirdos who enjoy their new post-reunion stuff much as or even more than their 80's classics.
Dentura
Shadow King

05.10.2012 at 23:59
Did anyone hear Steve Harris' new solo album "British Lion" yet? I personally didn't like it, I'm just curious.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
Storchillarn

06.10.2012 at 13:27
Written by Dentura on 05.10.2012 at 23:59

Did anyone hear Steve Harris' new solo album "British Lion" yet? I personally didn't like it, I'm just curious.

I struggled to get through the first song. I have no idea what was going there.
Druss

06.10.2012 at 14:18
I've only heard the first single (and watched the horrendous vid), but from just that, I'm not really that enthused about checkin' it out....sounded flat, and if that was a single, you'd assume Steve thought it was strong, or at least had a chorus that could appeal to potential fans or something alone those lines, but it just didn't for me
OptimatumBand

06.10.2012 at 21:14
I just wish they would play Alexander the Great once live, that song is epic and legendary!!
----
Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderworldInferno?feature=mhee
Dentura
Shadow King

19.11.2012 at 20:50
Written by OptimatumBand on 06.10.2012 at 21:14

I just wish they would play Alexander the Great once live, that song is epic and legendary!!

I know, I saw in a few videos Bruce playing the song with a kazoo just as a joke. It would be great to see it played live for real.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
Chriwalker

29.11.2012 at 11:50
Written by Iamawalker on 04.10.2012 at 17:29

Written by Guib on 21.08.2012 at 06:53

this=fact

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Yupp, Maiden truly is awesome! Guess I'm one of those weirdos who enjoy their new post-reunion stuff much as or even more than their 80's classics.

You are not alone on that one! All the albums after 2000 have been amazing and I really hope I can go see them in 2013 Up the Irons
----
Music is Art
In the world of Epica, there is a Black Halo in the Ghost Opera where Poetry for the Poisoned is written, The Silverthorn of the rose is The Fourth Legacy!
Iamawalker

29.11.2012 at 17:50
Written by Chriwalker on 29.11.2012 at 11:50

You are not alone on that one! All the albums after 2000 have been amazing and I really hope I can go see them in 2013 Up the Irons

Yeah, it's funny how they as songwriters have arguably improved with the last ten years, delivering more variety, more ambitious epic tracks, Bruce doing as good as ever vocally and Gers being an underrated as heck member of the band (he's written masterpieces on all their last albums). I just hope a lot of fans might wake up and see the newest incarnation of the band for what it is, instead of living in the past with a religious attachement while clunching on to "Powerslave" as if their lives depended on it. Their new stuff is sadly very underrated, even among hardcore MaIden fans.

Agreed, I'm sure we'll have ourselves an amazing blast next time they roll into town!
JÄY
Metal slave

30.11.2012 at 22:31
Written by Iamawalker on 29.11.2012 at 17:50

Yeah, it's funny how they as songwriters have arguably improved with the last ten years, delivering more variety, more ambitious epic tracks, Bruce doing as good as ever vocally and Gers being an underrated as heck member of the band (he's written masterpieces on all their last albums). I just hope a lot of fans might wake up and see the newest incarnation of the band for what it is, instead of living in the past with a religious attachement while clunching on to "Powerslave" as if their lives depended on it. Their new stuff is sadly very underrated, even among hardcore MaIden fans.

Agreed, I'm sure we'll have ourselves an amazing blast next time they roll into town!

Differing opinions..... I'm a huge fan of the first 7 but the new ones, while good albums, are just lacking power and its very common for songs to go on too long. Bruce's vocals also dont sound great to me... not bad ...just without the power of when he was young (no surprise). I would really like to see them lose the prog thing theyre trying to pull off and stick to what theyre good at - catchy and straight forward
Druss

01.12.2012 at 02:01
Written by JÄY on 30.11.2012 at 22:31
Differing opinions..... I'm a huge fan of the first 7 but the new ones, while good albums, are just lacking power and its very common for songs to go on too long. Bruce's vocals also dont sound great to me... not bad ...just without the power of when he was young (no surprise). I would really like to see them lose the prog thing theyre trying to pull off and stick to what theyre good at - catchy and straight forward

This to an extent, but I do think some of the newer stuff is pretty good, almost as good as some of the stuff off the first seven (in my case, a far amount of Brave New World (actually love the hell outta that album) and one or two songs from the next three albums). Apart from those, yes, very little metal can beat some of the best material off their first seven.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 31

Login or register to post here.