Metal Storm logo
Stratovarius

Original post

Posted by Knightrider, 26.03.2008 - 14:34
Since there is no topic about one of my favorite band - Stratovarius, here it is now. So write about everything you like and maybe dislike about the band, comment their music, albums....
15.03.2013 - 17:12
Maglor

The last album is the best of all. The only albums that you can compare is Vision and Episode, but this is better.

I like very much Stratovarius
----
Maglor
27.03.2013 - 14:14
Metal_Elle

In my opinion, every Stratovarius' album has something to offer to the listeners. For example, 'Episode' and 'Visions' have great power and dynamic melodies and riffs, 'Infinite' is more atmospheric with its keyboards lines and great choruses ("Hunting High And Low", "Phenix", "Millenium"), 'Elements Part 1' is very pleasant with its progressive elements, 'Stratovarius' is dark and heavy. 'Polaris' and 'Elysium' were introducing some more modern sound and 'Nemesis' is confirming this way. But, no album is better than the others, every album is different from the preceding ones, so I like all the cd's.
26.01.2020 - 21:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Startovarius will play in Västerås rockfest

They will headline, others will be small level bands

https://www.facebook.com/vasterasrockfest/

----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.03.2020 - 19:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Finish tour announced:

Fri 12.6.2020 Satamatori, Kuopio
Fri 26.6.2020 Parpansali, Rauma
Fri 3.7.2020 Kuusisaari, Oulu
Sat 11.7.2020 Halkotori, Kouvola
Sat 18.7.2020 Rovaniemi (venue TBA)
Sat 25.7.2020 Keskuskenttä, Kerava
Sat 1.8.2020 Kansalaistori, Lappeenranta
Sat 8.8.2020 Sirkkalan puisto, Joensuu
Fri 14.8.2020 Lutakonaukio, Jyväskylä
Sat 22.8.2020 Kirjurinluoto/Lokki-lava, Pori
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2021 - 20:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Why Tolki left this band in the years ago? what was reason, bad blood?

anyway interesting

INFINITE VISIONS, the band formed by ex-STRATOVARIUS guitarist and songwriter Timo Tolkki, has has called it quits after failing to raise sufficient funds to record its debut album.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/timo-tolkkis-infinite-visions-calls-it-quits-after-failing-to-meet-its-crowdfunding-goal-for-debut-album/
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2021 - 21:22
JoHn Doe

Written by Bad English on 08.01.2021 at 20:44

anyway interesting

INFINITE VISIONS, the band formed by ex-STRATOVARIUS guitarist and songwriter Timo Tolkki, has has called it quits after failing to raise sufficient funds to record its debut album.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/timo-tolkkis-infinite-visions-calls-it-quits-after-failing-to-meet-its-crowdfunding-goal-for-debut-album/

please stop suffocating the forum with blabbermouth links. It's rock & metal's tabloid.
A blabbermouth is a person that talks to much, well you are the blabbermouth of posting... sorry...
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
08.01.2021 - 21:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 08.01.2021 at 21:22

anyway interesting

please stop suffocating the forum with blabbermouth links. It's rock & metal's tabloid.
A blabbermouth is a person that talks to much, well you are the blabbermouth of posting... sorry...

I am sorry to hurt your feelings but its funny news that Timo needs money to record debute album to his new formed bands, I thought he has some incomes
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2021 - 21:39
JoHn Doe

Written by Bad English on 08.01.2021 at 21:27

Written by JoHn Doe on 08.01.2021 at 21:22

anyway interesting

I am sorry to hurt your feelings but its funny news that Timo needs money to record debute album to his new formed bands, I thought he has some incomes

hurt my feelings?! what are you smoking?
All the blabbermouth links and post are not more than spamming at this point. Just stop...
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
09.01.2021 - 05:26
bj_waters

If I recall correctly, there was some drama in the band that suddenly became very public, and then it was revealed to be somewhat staged. Mostly, the issues were Tolkki complaining that the band only cared about the Stratovarius name as a way to make money, and the rest of the band were upset with Tolkki for using band finances to cover costs of his side projects.

Or something like that. Supposedly, they've since buried the hatchet, Stratovarius has carried on, and Tolkki has faded in and out over the years on various projects.
09.01.2021 - 08:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by bj_waters on 09.01.2021 at 05:26

If I recall correctly, there was some drama in the band that suddenly became very public, and then it was revealed to be somewhat staged. Mostly, the issues were Tolkki complaining that the band only cared about the Stratovarius name as a way to make money, and the rest of the band were upset with Tolkki for using band finances to cover costs of his side projects.

Or something like that. Supposedly, they've since buried the hatchet, Stratovarius has carried on, and Tolkki has faded in and out over the years on various projects.

I have blanks, I remember it had some thing.
Well Tolki non of his projects has lived long and succeeded,
----

apos;'
[image]
14.06.2021 - 04:57
Rexorcist

Even after 200 power metal albums, Visions and Episode, while very good, feel stylistically typical to me, even to the point where I like Sonata Arctica more. Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe I need to thoroughly explore the classic era more?
14.06.2021 - 06:09
bj_waters

As far as I'm aware, Visions and Episode are the classic era, though I would include Destiny and Infinite as well. If you haven't listened to it, I'd recommend Infinite. The production has a bit more heft, IMO.
14.06.2021 - 07:36
Rexorcist

Written by bj_waters on 14.06.2021 at 06:09

As far as I'm aware, Visions and Episode are the classic era, though I would include Destiny and Infinite as well. If you haven't listened to it, I'd recommend Infinite. The production has a bit more heft, IMO.

Thanks. I'll check them out once I've had my fill of my new favorite Finnish power metal group, Sonata Arctica. I'm deeply in love with Silence, and I'm enjoying Ecliptica a lot, even though it's less proggy and surprising.

What I didn't like about Episode (compared to Visions) was that the singer was pretty much just copying Michael Kiske on that album.
14.06.2021 - 21:59
Rexorcist

Gonna force myself through the rest of the studio works just to get Stratovarius out of the way. After Infinite I've got four more to go.
07.08.2021 - 20:49
Iwan Ruby

My favorite Stratovarius album with Timo Tolkki
Infinite
Elements, Pt. 1
Elements, Pt. 2

my favorite Stratovarius album with Matias Kupiainen
all albums
----
My Band COLDERRA
My Zine ORIDISTRO