Metal Storm logo
Stratovarius

Original post

Posted by Knightrider, 26.03.2008 - 14:34
Since there is no topic about one of my favorite band - Stratovarius, here it is now. So write about everything you like and maybe dislike about the band, comment their music, albums....
11.04.2008 - 23:10
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Stratovarius get me into metal a lot, actually the first song i'v heard of them was Speed of light. Since then they became one of my favorite bands, but after a few discs, they starting to get boring.

By the way, RIP Stratovarius. It was an incredible era.
13.04.2008 - 01:59
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Finally we get rid of Stratovarius. Long time since they made any good record. Only crap album after another the last years. The only decent album they've released since Destiny is Elemtents, Pt. I. Glad they stopped now. They should've stopped long ago. Thanks Timo, taking this decision! And good luck with Revolution Renaissance.
29.04.2008 - 09:02
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 13.04.2008 at 01:59

Finally we get rid of Stratovarius. Long time since they made any good record. Only crap album after another the last years. The only decent album they've released since Destiny is Elemtents, Pt. I. Glad they stopped now. They should've stopped long ago. Thanks Timo, taking this decision! And good luck with Revolution Renaissance.

Some ways I agree with you and some ways I don't. Strato is among the most talented of power metal bands... well they would be if they put it to good use. Elements part one was probably their last somewhat decent album. Tolkki has been so fucked up as of late and the only reason they can't resolve anything is because he wants to waste his time writing stupid shit. Where is that episode and pre-episode writing talent. He needs to get his head out of his ass, accept his situation, sit down with the guys, and let them fucking write something (Jens is a fucking amazing composer and probably the best metal keyboardist). This could have easily been avoided, but maybe its for the better because they just keep using the same formula anyway...
08.05.2008 - 18:58
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Looks like the story of Stratovarius isn't over just yet. Kotipelto and the other guys announced today that they'll carry on without Timo Tolkki. They also stated that Tolkki was selfish and greedy. He wanted to quit the band, because they didn't make enough profit. It's still questionable, whether the other guys can continue under the name Stratovarius. If they do, I'm sure Tolkki will sue them.
----
You'll never walk alone.
08.05.2008 - 23:33
GT
Coffee!!
staff
@Ernotar: that's good news. Even if they can't continue under the Stratovarius moniker they hopefully can make music like they used to
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
08.05.2008 - 23:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
But name who's made band and who's firts in band
If Tolkki other whit his perm can not use name Stratovarius
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.05.2008 - 21:38
Fhuesc
no matter what, i can assure you, that this year drama award, will go to Stratovarius... again. I mean, if they won the 2004 drama award (or 2005?) with much less than what's happening now.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
22.08.2008 - 20:07
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
23.08.2008 - 03:07
Fhuesc
wow, so it never died, but wasn't the name Tolki's property?
----
Until victory, always!
23.08.2008 - 08:36
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Fhuesc on 23.08.2008 at 03:07

wow, so it never died, but wasn't the name Tolki's property?

i'm as surprised as you are, it's like anothe gnr incident haha
06.01.2009 - 14:55
I must say, even though it might seem an insult to this thread, that my knowledge of Stratovarius is limited. And as it so happens, I was listening to Last FM the other day when I heard a band sounding very much like Queensrÿche. I had to look it up and found that it was Stratovarius playing a song called Kiss Of Judas (which also can be found in a video on this website). Anyway, since i found the recemblance between the two bands considerate, I added them as similar. It would be interesting to know if you agree with me, and if you don´t you can always dis-add them!
08.01.2009 - 10:17
Eeric
Account deleted
Yep, that song sounds like Queensrÿche. Other songs sounds like Helloween.
16.02.2009 - 04:04
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 08.01.2009 at 10:17

Yep, that song sounds like Queensrÿche. Other songs sounds like Helloween.

Lol like Helloween ? I wouldn't say that

No band sounds like Helloween
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
26.02.2009 - 04:50
Zelse
Can't wait for the new album... I have total faith that it will sound amazing. Anything's better than the last few albums they put out. The new guitarist is sick, and I can't wait to see what he brings to the band. Only time will tell, though...
04.03.2009 - 01:40
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Zelse on 26.02.2009 at 04:50

Can't wait for the new album... I have total faith that it will sound amazing. Anything's better than the last few albums they put out. The new guitarist is sick, and I can't wait to see what he brings to the band. Only time will tell, though...

Yeah, their last two or three albums have been pretty boring. Let's hope for a positive change
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
06.03.2009 - 20:23
Herrera
Account deleted
Polaris!
06.03.2009 - 23:14
Fhuesc
Written by Guest on 06.03.2009 at 20:23

Polaris!

WTF? polaris what?, polaris who?, what's polaris?
----
Until victory, always!
07.03.2009 - 04:41
Zelse
Written by Fhuesc on 06.03.2009 at 23:14

Polaris!

WTF? polaris what?, polaris who?, what's polaris?

Polaris is the name of the new album.
07.03.2009 - 09:34
Number Juan
I am actually working my way back into the Stratovarius catalog, as I am not very familiar with this band. I am currently listening to Twilight Time and I must say I enjoy it a lot. I was very surprised by the fact that Timo Tolkki could actually sing (The chorus of Madness Strikes at Midnight, holy shit.... ). I know the band didn't get Kotipelto until Fourth Dimension but goddamn I think Tolkki did a damn good job in the first two albums. So far, so good.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
07.03.2009 - 09:46
Zelse
To be honest, when I first got into Stratovarius, I couldn't tell the difference between Tolkki and Kotipelto. I thought Kotipelto was always with the band, but when I found out he didn't come in until Fourth Dimension... wow. They still sound similar to me, actually...
08.03.2009 - 18:33
GT
Coffee!!
staff

Polaris!

Don't just post one word posts!
----

14.03.2009 - 21:31
Zelse
http://www.stratovarius.com/index.php?section=cmsnews&topic=9046

"Polaris cover art and track list
Mar 13, 2009

http://www.stratovarius.com/forum/Stratovarius-Polaris_cover.jpg

We are happy to publish the cover artwork and track list of the new Stratovarius album, Polaris.

Stratovarius -- Polaris

Deep Unknown
Falling Star
King of Nothing
Blind
Winter Skies
Forever Is Today
Higher We Go
Somehow Precious
Emancipation suite: I Dusk
Emancipation suite: II Dawn
When Mountains Fall"

WOW! Look at that cover art! This is going to be amazing!
14.03.2009 - 23:29
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
That was already posted in the news section.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
15.03.2009 - 00:47
Zelse
Well, dammit all
18.03.2009 - 02:49
ToMegaTherion
You can't help but like Startovarius they are so cheesy and catchy, it infuriates you before you break out in song singing "I'm Hunting High and Low". They guys are awesome and deserve all the praise they can get.
18.03.2009 - 02:51
Zelse
Written by ToMegaTherion on 18.03.2009 at 02:49

You can't help but like Startovarius they are so cheesy and catchy, it infuriates you before you break out in song singing "I'm Hunting High and Low". They guys are awesome and deserve all the praise they can get.

That song has actually been stuck in my head for the past couple of weeks haha. Definitely ranks as one of their best.
18.03.2009 - 02:57
ToMegaTherion
Written by Zelse on 18.03.2009 at 02:51

That song has actually been stuck in my head for the past couple of weeks haha. Definitely ranks as one of their best.

I agree it is an amazing song, I've just put it on then after I reminded myself of it.
18.03.2009 - 09:20
GT
Coffee!!
staff

Haha actually just reading the title makes me wanna scream it out loud
----

29.03.2009 - 01:33
Wyrd
Cant wait to see Stratovairus in September!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
29.03.2009 - 16:17
replica of me
I have just their 2 records: Destiny and Visions of Europe. Both of them kick ass. I am looking forward to seeing them on a concert in Warsaw in May. I hope they will play some songs from Polaris!