Metal Storm logo
Hammerfall - Guitarist Leaves The Band

After 11 years, Stefan Elmgren decided to leave HammerFall. Stefan's message for fans upon leaving the band:

"I have decided to leave Hammerfall, the reason is that I have been offered a job as a pilot within an airline. My interest in aviation has been growing very strong, and now I feel its time for me to take a step and be a pilot on a professional level. We have been discussing the possibility of combining the work with HF and both me and the rest of the band realized that it would be very hard indeed.

It has been a great journey with lots of great memories that I will carry with me for the rest of my life, I would like to give a big thanks to all the wonderful fans, its has truly been a pleasure to meet and perform for you all during these 11 years.

I still love to play the guitar so you might hear from me again someday somehow. I would like to wish who ever is taking my place and the rest of the band good luck in the future.

Take care everybody!! Stefan Elmgren"

No replacement has been announced yet.

Two video reports by the leaving guitarist talking about his new job and departure are posted at this location.

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: HammerFall
Posted: 02.04.2008 by Telcontar

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 31   Visited by: 166 users
24.11.2008 - 11:32
worm_is_gloaming

Written by Metal Maiden on 04.04.2008 at 03:05

WHAT!!!First I lose an auction on ebay and now this!!!What a despicable day...The next thing we'll see is probably Joacim rejoining the swedish national swimming team, Oscar giving up the guitars in order to pursue his childhood dream of becoming a Formula 1 pilot, Anders finding his true self in writing detective stories, Fredrik going back to doing nothing of interest, and me loosing ANOTHER FUCKING AUCTION...A KVLT FUCK is what I think of this...

Oh, and btw, I love Hammerfall...and totally DESPISE that russian motherfucker who outbid my 20 bucks with a 50!!!

P.S. Guess what...I JUST GOT OUTBID AGAIN...FUCK YOU NAZI BASTARDS...

What were you bidding on?

I hate those kinds of bid wars, but nothing hurts more than being outbid on Mayhem's first press Deathcrush LP from Posercorpse (handmarked by Euronymous as #8/1000) in the last SECOND by a mere HANDFUL of dollars, and it only went a little over a hundred. Never in a lifetime will a copy of this have such a low ending bid, never again. Haha.

Hits total: 7016 | This month: 7