Metal Storm logo
Extreme Power Consistency Battle

Poll

Which of these bands is most consistent?

Kalmah
Children Of Bodom
Norther

Total votes: 17
08.04.2008 - 00:59
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
The big three in Finnish extreme power metal (Children Of Bodom, Kalmah, Norther) have all recently released new albums (Blooddrunk, For The Revolution, N respectively), but my question is NOT which is better, but which of these bands, throughout their respective careers, has been the most CONSISTENT in releasing good albums. I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on this, and to everyone don't just vote for your favourite band... but vote the question!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
08.04.2008 - 01:16
eximius

You asked for consistency and Kalmah got one vote...
I think in the end you will have people voting for their faves..
08.04.2008 - 01:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Yeah, Im a bigger CoB fan than I am of either Kalmah or Norther, but judging from what Ive heard, Kalmah have stayed the most consistent out of the 3.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.04.2008 - 01:52
Fhuesc

Definitely Kalmah, their "worst" album for me is the Black Waltz, and i really like it, instead CoB new album and past album, but suck, in the case of norther, Solution 7 was a piece of crap and TDUU was a really bad one. So thats why Kalmah has my vote.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
08.04.2008 - 02:13
ß
Problem?
Kalmah for sure. Northers first couple cd's were good. Same with Cob their old stuff was good but their new stuff is just boring.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
08.04.2008 - 03:25
Stigmatized
I enjoy everything Kalmah has done, while the other 2 I can only take in doses nowadays.
08.04.2008 - 10:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
We already are tread about such power metal here

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=9189
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.04.2008 - 11:13
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Bad English on 08.04.2008 at 10:08

We already are tread about such power metal here

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=9189

no this thread is different... that one is asking for your favourite - this one is specifically asking about consitency of the bands... different
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
08.04.2008 - 15:29
Warman
Erotic Stains
Ok, so here I come and destroy it all, Kalmah's no longer got all the votes.

This is such an awful question, 'cuz it's so fucking hard!!! All three bands are amazing but I discovered Kalmah way long after I heard CoB and Norther. Those two I discovered during my early Metal years. And no, this question is not about my favourite, I know. All three bands haven't released a bad album. Technically I guess Kalmah would win my vote but I never thought they changed their sound drastically like Norther and CoB. So my vote goes to the one who has evolved the most and still remains awesome: Norther.
----
08.04.2008 - 18:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Fhuesc on 08.04.2008 at 01:52

Definitely Kalmah, their "worst" album for me is the Black Waltz, and i really like it, instead CoB new album and past album, but suck, in the case of norther, Solution 7 was a piece of crap and TDUU was a really bad one. So thats why Kalmah has my vote.

Same here... Black Waltz is a hell of album.. and it's the "worst" like you said.
They have always stand strong with their albums...
My vote is for Kalmah all the way.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.04.2008 - 20:47
Abattoir

Yea, as I had espected...Kalmah is the most consistent with their music from these three bands, but surely their albums can't beat COB's Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper. For my taste ...
08.04.2008 - 21:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ehhh all are bad bands specely in nowdays so ... no need to spend time ti lsiten those albums
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.04.2008 - 13:43
Nazgal
Account deleted
Well, if it's about consistency, my vote definitely goes to Kalmah. They have been the most consistent throughout their career. Children Of Bodom had their period of glory with their first 3 cd's. Norther has got some pretty cool albums, although I don't really enjoy their latest album "N".