01. Brazuzan - Taller Than A Hill
02. The Last Pendragon
03. Abracadabra
04. The Last Words
05. The Wanderings Of Oisin
06. The Delirium Has Just Began...
07. The Dance Of The Little Ones [French bonus]
08. Behold The Horned King [French bonus]

So I have in my hands the third release of Brazilians Tuatha De Danann. In case you don's know them, they are mainly a power metal band with celtic influences and both clear and death voices, Or most commonly know as Folk Metal.

This Mcd follows the path of their previous releases, but this one has more acoustic touches. You may think that they went soft, but don's be afraid! Some elements like the guitar solos and the death grunts are still there!

This Cd starts with maybe the best song that Tuatha de Danann has ever written! 'Brazuzan - Taller Than A Hill'. This song has great acoustic moments, magnificent melodies, playful flutes and a good story too! And check out the final part, if you close your eyes you can imagine the dwarves songing all together!

Next is 'The Last Pendragon', a much heavier track, really good too, then we have 'Abracadabra' that features a duet of male and female vocals with great acoustic guitars in a beautiful track, I would dare to say that this one is the most folk-oriented track of the whole record.

'The Last Words' is a song that already have been released in 2001 Shakespeare's Hamlet, really great song! It's my second favorite of the album, has a really majestic chorus, and obviously, it's about Hamlet [duh!]

Next is 'The Wanderings Of Oisin' another acoustic track followed by a flute. To close this Mcd, we have 'The Delirium Has Just Began...', a 10+ minutes epic track. I really don's like this that much, but still, it has great keyboards and some other intruments are used in this one [like bagpipes and sitars]. When this song is over, don's hit the stop button! Wait less than a minute to see a small closer surprise! Trust me, you will love it!

I hope that Tuatha De Danann releases a full lenght album soon, because, half an hour is to little of Tuatha to hold for a year!

Written by Undercraft | 30.10.2003

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 14 users
12.04.2008 - 05:46
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
''Brazuzan: taller than a hill'' its really one of the most well structured songs ive ever heard... its the perfect song to start this wonderful album.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/

Hits total: 3386 | This month: 19