Metal Storm logo
Burzum - More Anthology Details Available

BW&BK has received the following Burzum press release:

"This one-man band retains a vital roll in the early development of Norway's famed black metal scene. His contributions to what was once merely a small circle of friends grew to immense popularity, the genre now having sold hundreds of thousands of records around the globe. Compared to his peers - Mayhem, Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Immortal - Burzum possessed a very distinct sound. Using ancient mythology as his lyrical muse (the very name Burzum coming from J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings), he became known for fearless experimentation; each record expanding on previous efforts.

"Anthology" is a special first-time collection of material that spans the musician's ten-plus year recording legacy; most unfortunately still unavailable for US fans (other than pricey imports). Featuring selections from each of his six albums (and including one from his popular EP "Aske"), "Anthology" is anticipated to be a highly sought-after recording for long-time fans and those curious newcomers who up-til-now only knew of the name and not had opportunity to bear witness to the musician's blackened fruit."

The Burzum Anthology is due out on May 13th via Candlelight Records.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Burzum
Posted: 12.04.2008 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 250 users
12.04.2008 - 21:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
No tracklist?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.04.2008 - 21:50
kaylamacgavin
cant wait, probally going to buy this
12.04.2008 - 22:07
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
Just buy his albums. There isn't anything on here you can't find somewhere else. However, it is good that his material is actually being released on a bigger label so more people can get a hold of it. Until now I'm pretty sure his keyboard only albums are the only ones that are easy to find, atleast here in the US, but thats what ebay and amazon are for.
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
13.04.2008 - 01:44
selken
Irreligious
Written by ItalktotheWind on 12.04.2008 at 22:07

Just buy his albums. There isn't anything on here you can't find somewhere else. However, it is good that his material is actually being released on a bigger label so more people can get a hold of it. Until now I'm pretty sure his keyboard only albums are the only ones that are easy to find, atleast here in the US, but thats what ebay and amazon are for.

+1

don't care, want something new instead xD.
----
13.04.2008 - 09:15
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
wake me up when he gets released from prison.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
13.04.2008 - 14:13
Hyvaarin
Umm...I'm pretty sure I've seen the Burzum Anthology in stores in Australia, and a couple of weeks ago at that. Might be a different one, but I doubt it. Weird.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
13.04.2008 - 14:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
Bah, I'll probably get it.
----
13.04.2008 - 16:14
Berfones
Written by LeChron James on 13.04.2008 at 09:15

wake me up when he gets released from prison.

I agree, while he's in prison he can't make music like he used to, they only let him play a sinthysizer!!!
And also it is said that he will release another album when he's out
For now, I sleep
----
Thine truly,ancient evil overlord
13.04.2008 - 19:57
hell yeah will 100000% buy it
----
No-one is closer to the Devil than me
14.04.2008 - 13:06
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
I love that photo of Varg in the corner^^ Talking about being stoned XD
----
THRASH!!!
14.04.2008 - 13:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Hyvaarin on 13.04.2008 at 14:13

Umm...I'm pretty sure I've seen the Burzum Anthology in stores in Australia, and a couple of weeks ago at that. Might be a different one, but I doubt it. Weird.

Perhaps the Draugen Rarities? I've been wondering if I should pick that up, but I don't think I will, since I already have Burzum/Aske, Det Som & Hvis.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.04.2008 - 15:02
W-Lash
Metal Master

As far as i remember, some years ago i have seen stuff with the same name too.
Strange somehow
14.04.2008 - 15:43
Hyvaarin
Written by Lucas on 14.04.2008 at 13:57

Perhaps the Draugen Rarities? I've been wondering if I should pick that up, but I don't think I will, since I already have Burzum/Aske, Det Som & Hvis.

Nup, definitely not the Draguen Rarities thing. The cover of the thing I saw was a version of the famous mean-pose-with-mace Varg picture, with (I think) a kind of brownish tinge to it.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
15.04.2008 - 16:30
DoomGuard
Great, pricey imports...
16.04.2008 - 14:26
Varegan
Hamranakara
cant wait for it
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
16.04.2008 - 22:08
peterjohnvernon
Account deleted
about the release from prison thing, i believe on his website he stated that upon release he was just going to do 2 albums, with nothing to do with burzum (he said under a different name so no one will know it's him)

anyway i might buy that, be nice for the collection, lets hope he doesnt escape a few months previous to his release and get caught again in a volvo with enough weapons and ammo to take out a small town xDDD kind of lost his credibility
17.04.2008 - 01:01
ß
Problem?
It will probably sound like his old stuff not that its a bad thing though.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
04.05.2008 - 22:33
at710am
preparing the album in the prison or out of the prison,
anyway,surely I'll get the album if there was one!

Hits total: 4228 | This month: 12