Metal Storm logo
Anime

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 05:02
This topic is for the discussion of Anime - The Japanese animation which is either loved or hated by the majority of movie-going individuals.

My experience of the art form is limited however, only being familiar with the films "Princess Mononoke" "Spirited Away" & "Howls Moving Castle".

So if there are any Anime experts out there, please feel free to jump straight into this thread and recommend me some movies that I can't live without!

Cheers.
03.08.2015 - 06:17
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Some animes I watched recently:

-Baccano: Amazing plot, amazing characters, amazing music, etc. It's the Pulp Fiction of anime.

-Durarararararrararara!: It's like Baccano but with a different plot. Equally amazing.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
28.10.2015 - 04:17
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
New Monogatari season is so good (as expected)
One of the only characters I thought I didn't like until then was Ougi but somehow the more I watch this new season the more she becomes gradually awesome.
I love how this show messes my view towards the characters
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
07.12.2015 - 19:19
Maco
Pvt Funderground
When is the last Evangelion movie gonna be released? I'm still waiting for it. >:(
----
09.12.2015 - 03:39
bj_waters
Written by Maco on 07.12.2015 at 19:19

When is the last Evangelion movie gonna be released? I'm still waiting for it. >:(

Nobody knows, unfortunately. Given that the other three have been delayed since their original announcements. I wouldn't expect it before 2020 at this rate.
30.01.2016 - 02:56
ylside
staff
Watched some One Punch Man. I was recommended Gintama but I just checked and it's too damn long for me...
30.01.2016 - 03:31
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by ylside on 30.01.2016 at 02:56

just checked and it's too damn long for me...

that's what she said
----
- Reimu Hakurei
07.02.2016 - 14:26
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Finished DBZ and all the movies two months back and also started DB Super but it was quite boring to see the same story lines repeated so I just let it go past the storyline of the two movies so that I can pick it up later.

Watched Akira when reports of it being Nolan's next film went the rounds and that was damn good. Thought of starting Naruto after a friend of mine suggested it but didn't.

I was searching a lot for the Ninja Robots anime which I used to watch more than a decade back as a kid in TV but couldn't really find a complete collection. So thinking of picking up other Mecha anime like Gurren Lagann, Evangelion etc.

Also started One Punch Man now to see what the big fuss about it and the pilot episode felt a bit weird with the funny and bizarre monster designs. It feels fairly original and I like their treatment. So I've decided to watch this fully.
07.02.2016 - 19:54
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by 3rdWorld on 07.02.2016 at 14:26

Naruto

Don't bother with that. It has a lot of filler episodes. It gets boring and in the end you will abandon it.
----
07.02.2016 - 20:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Maco on 07.02.2016 at 19:54

Don't bother with that. It has a lot of filler episodes. It gets boring and in the end you will abandon it.

Easy enough to work around: http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden
07.02.2016 - 20:57
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Yep, ignoring the fillers make Naruto quite decent. But looking back at all the animes I watched since that, I wouldn't say it's top notch stuff, no.
It's biggest plus is the length, I think. That summed with the timeskip can bring some nostalgia feeling when newer episodes make references to stuff which happened there on the beginning. But apart from that it's just a typical battle shounen

For 3rdworld who likes mindfucking movies and weird stuff, I definitely recommend Evangelion. It will be a more remarkable experience.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
07.02.2016 - 21:01
Maco
Pvt Funderground
And if you want a good Shonen you should (must) watch Hunter x Hunter (2011), more than 100 episodes, none of them is filler.
----
07.02.2016 - 21:06
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Yes, I definitely recommend HxH over Naruto as well.

Still if you really feel the need to watch naruto someday just because it's a "classic" or anything, please use Joe's link and jump the fillers because they're very, VERY, VERY bad stuff.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
07.02.2016 - 21:16
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Hunter x Hunter is so badass I felt the need to change my avatar as a tribute to Netero.
----
07.02.2016 - 21:42
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ I like it how it all starts a bit cliche, but after they learn about nen the plot suddenly gets so much more exciting, like a complete jump of level on the badassery.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
07.02.2016 - 22:51
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Even if the start was cliche, somehow it still managed too hook me.
----
08.02.2016 - 02:12
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Maco on 07.02.2016 at 21:01

And if you want a good Shonen

No, not at all, in fact I am looking for quite the opposite. I don't enjoy the teen anime as much as I did before. But if they are really good and worth watching then I definitely will check it out. I watched the Pilot of Naruto and it seemed good and that's the reason I was considering watching it. But I think from one of the "classics", picking up One Piece will be a better choice than this.
08.02.2016 - 02:17
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Karlabos on 07.02.2016 at 20:57

For 3rdworld who likes mindfucking movies and weird stuff, I definitely recommend Evangelion. It will be a more remarkable experience.

Haha, will make sure to pick it up then.
08.02.2016 - 17:28
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Can anyone tell me which dub this one is? I really like the music score of this one and voice acting as well. I torrented another dub and it seemed a bit watered down. It would be good if I could get this exact version.

08.02.2016 - 23:56
ylside
staff
Written by Guest on 07.02.2016 at 20:05

Easy enough to work around: http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden

Excellent, thanks for this website !!
09.02.2016 - 02:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by ylside on 08.02.2016 at 23:56

Excellent, thanks for this website !!

No problem!
07.05.2016 - 20:54
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Absolute total mindfuck the Evangelion series is. Just finished it and I am simply blown away like the first time I watched Interstellar. Holyfuck the Japs are fucking crazy awesome. It sort of tops all the best scenes from the most awesome mindfuck movies I've ever seen like The Matrix, 2001: A Space Odyssey or whatever Hollywood has thrown out. The enemy designs are just uber-cool and the amount of technical information they try to cram into the scenes is totally insane.
08.06.2016 - 04:09
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Just finished watching Paranoia Agent (Mousou dairinin) and... What the hell did I just watch?
Never have I been so mindfucked in all my life
You'd think some at least things would get explained in the end, but it just gets worse and worse
----
- Reimu Hakurei
28.07.2016 - 15:28
BeneathTheMoon
Account deleted
I am currently watching Attack On Titan and am enjoying it thus far despite some of its more overly emotive, and subsequently awkward, moments. The animation quality is quite excellent and the premise is an enduring one. I look forward to finishing it in the coming weeks.
20.09.2016 - 21:01
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Karlabos on 08.06.2016 at 04:09

Just finished watching Paranoia Agent (Mousou dairinin) and... What the hell did I just watch?
Never have I been so mindfucked in all my life
You'd think some at least things would get explained in the end, but it just gets worse and worse

Defo wanna watch this but thats a really creepy fucking doll they have there in the poster for it, hate its eyes. I watched a couple of episodes of Serial Experiment Lain and that seemed too fucked up to me atm so I shelved it to watch later. This one just seems even worse by the looks of it. :/
16.09.2019 - 08:08
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Here you go you fuckin' weebs
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.01.2020 - 21:52
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
----
- Reimu Hakurei
30.01.2020 - 16:02
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
So which are your favorite fights of all time except for the obvious Shichika vs Sabi Hakuhei?
----
- Reimu Hakurei
22.03.2021 - 09:18
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Was the ending to Darling in the Franxx supposed to make me sad still 2 days later?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
20.05.2021 - 12:00
Metren
Dreadrealm
R.I.P. Kentaro Miura. Berserk is the only manga that matters to me. A part of me always knew it would remain unfinished, but I didn't think Miura would die before even reaching the age of 60. I am devastated. Thank You for everything, Legend.

----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
21.05.2021 - 04:43
bj_waters
Yeah, that was really sudden, wasn't it? RIP