Metal Storm logo
Necrophagist - New Drummer, Frontman Launches Side Project

Necrophagist have issued the following update on their official website:

"Romain Goulon joins Necrophagist as the official new drummer. The band and Romain look forward to working together on the new album. Meanwhile, check out a video of Romain playing to guitar tracks from the album "Epitaph" at Necrophagist's official YouTube channel.

The band wants to thank 'human metronome' Marco Minnemann for playing drums on last year's Summer Slaughter tour. It was an honor and a lot of fun playing with one of the world's greatest drummers.

However, Marco Minnemann and Muhammed Suicmez decided to launch a whole new band. Commented Muhammed: "I am very excited about this, because jamming with Marco inspires me to come up with great ideas and I have a lot of respect for Marco as a composer. So forging a whole new style by mixing mine and his is something I can't wait to do, because not only is Marco one of the best drummers in the world, he is a great guitarist also."

Stay tuned for news updates about the writing process for Necrophagist's new album as well as Marco and Muhammed's new band."

Source: necrophagist.de
Band profile: Necrophagist
Posted: 24.04.2008 by bluemobiusx

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 139 users
24.04.2008 - 22:17
Desertman
Account deleted
amazing band.. nuff said!!!!
24.04.2008 - 22:37
Stalker
Lone wanderer
side project hm.... gotta check that out...
----
25.04.2008 - 00:41
ß
Problem?
Looks like ill be checking this out.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
25.04.2008 - 01:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Marco is the best drummer in the world. I'd rather listen to his band. I'm actually a little mad that this Romain guy is replacing him, even if he's good. I thought Marco would give Necrophagist a new edge, but I guess that's what the side project is for.
25.04.2008 - 06:15
Arcesse Eum

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz....
huh? wha!? Oh, just wank... nothing worth waking up to.
...ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZ
----
As above, so below.
25.04.2008 - 18:05
Lord TJ

Im anxious to hear more about this side project they are making. Sounds somewhat interesting, unlike to Feanor88 lol.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
25.04.2008 - 19:56
EmpyreanSanctum

Hell yes. This side project is going to rule!
25.04.2008 - 20:42
JRS890
Account deleted
I'm very bummed Marco Minnemann isn't in the band anymore. I saw Necrophagist during the summer slaughter tour and his performance was just out standing. Hopefully the side project will come soon
26.04.2008 - 11:28
Nazgal
Account deleted
The side project sounds really interesting. I'm pretty curious what style they will play.
27.04.2008 - 03:47
Curtis the Bum
Account deleted
this is the first collab. thats actually made my mouth water...
27.04.2008 - 20:00
Rituale_Satanum

im sure that whatever stile they are going to play its gonna be awsome
----
No-one is closer to the Devil than me
28.12.2008 - 22:17
koldyr

I think marco is great, but i'm afraid it would become something like korn with bozzio. so i'm happy roman came alone
----
How would be wonderful if life would be in sources

Hits total: 7517 | This month: 8