Metal Storm logo
Avantasia - Live Line-Up Revealed

Tobias Sammet has posted the following statement on his official website:

"How are you doing? It's been a while since I have been speaking to you. I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for your great support. "The Scarecrow" is an album that means a lot to me and it was quite a commercial risk to just follow my heart instead of doing exactly what people expected. But if I take a look at the chart positions and sales - it went into the album charts in 16 countries, hitting the Top10 in four countries - it seems like you appreciate my honesty! Thank you!

Now preparing for the festival summer with Avantasia seems so surreal. Avantasia has never been on stage before and all of the sudden we are headlining the biggest festivals in the world, just been confirmed for the Sziget festival in Hungary on the 13th of August, playing amongst legendary bands such as R.E.M., die Ärzte, Iron Maiden and the Sex Pistols. Amazing!

The Avantasia line up will be Jorn Lande, André Matos, Amanda Somerville, Olli Hartmann, Bob Catley (not all shows), Sascha Paeth, Miro, Robert Hunecke, Claudy Yang and Frank Lindenthal who is gonna replace Eric Singer who'll be playing with KISS. Despite all rumors Michael Kiske will not be there, as he didn't wanna do it and I respect that! We'll put on a huge epic show anyway. Nobody has done something like that before and I swear, nobody will ever forget the event, neither you nor us!!!"

Avantasia tour dates are currently as follows:

07.06.2008 SWE, Sölvesborg - Sweden Rock Festival 2008
06.06.2008 SUI, Huttwil - Rocksound Festival
10.06.2008 RUS, Moscow
13.06.2008 JPN, Tokyo
15.06.2008 MEX, Mexico City
18.06.2008 ARG, Buenos Aires
20.06.2008 CHI, Santiago
22.06.2008 BRA, Sao Paulo
04.07.2008 SER, Smederevo - Castle Festival
10.07.2008 CZE, Vizovice - Masters Of Rock
12.07.2008 ESP, Zaragoza - Monsters Of Rock / Metal Way 2008
26.07.2008 ITA, Milan - Rockin' Field Festival
01.08.2008 GER, Wacken - Wacken Open Air 2008
12.08.2008 HUN, Budapest - Sziget Festival

Source: tobiassammet.com
Band profile: Avantasia
Posted: 26.04.2008 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 180 users
26.04.2008 - 20:42
Baz Anderson

I have more incentive to see Avantasia at Wacken now I know Jørn Lande will be there, he is my all time favourite singer and have never seen him.

and as for "We'll put on a huge epic show anyway. Nobody has done something like that before" - Star One comes to mind. although thier live shows were never huge like these, they were of the highest quality
26.04.2008 - 20:52
enumaelis

Yes, I really appreciate his honesty and will of being a second Bon Jovi and win more ? lol
Anyway the crew of the tour looks great!
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
26.04.2008 - 20:55
Bararey
Winter is Coming
That's a good lineup, too bas about Kiske though, and Tobi seems super busy this year with both Avantasia and Edguy
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
26.04.2008 - 21:23
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Sziget Fesztival, yeah! I will be there! m/
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
27.04.2008 - 00:09
YoreLore

Kiske hates metal but appears in a massive amount of metal albums as a guest and now doesnt want to play the stuff he sang on live ?? strange man...
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
27.04.2008 - 07:04
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
MICHAEL KISKE STOP BEING ANNOYING AND FORM A GODDAMN POWER METAL BAND ALREADY.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.04.2008 - 14:06
GT
Coffee!!
This sounds rather promising. I'll be seeing the show at Wacken
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
27.04.2008 - 15:43
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
I'd love to see Andre Matos, although their show at sweden rock festival is the same day as my graduation :/
27.04.2008 - 19:11
santiagomp

Wow, the line up is amazing! All the singers are excelent and truely different. That will be such an epic show without comparing point (Star One was great becouse of Allen Russel and the Mastermind Sir Arjen L, in Avantasia are ALL singers incredible!!!) I hope, they bring a Live-DVD from Wacken. For all the fans, that cannot go there.
28.04.2008 - 04:49
juanopereira

Incredible line up!!! Wow they are comming to my country!!!!!!!! (20.06.2008 CHI, Santiago) I'll be there in first line
29.04.2008 - 00:25
Evil Chip

Andre Matos and Jorn Lande are one of the best vocalist of the genre out there. The line up is awesome hope they bring a great show.
29.04.2008 - 06:47
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Yeah!!! Thats a great news, really nice line-up, I'll be there for sure!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
02.05.2008 - 21:50
iaberis
Advice Troll
I was looking forward this news... Too bad Michael isn't in...
----
Bitch! Please

Hits total: 7588 | This month: 9