Metal Storm logo
Midnattsol - Part Ways With Guitarist

Midnattsol has posted the following update regarding Christian Hector's departure:

Hello Midnattsol folks,

three days ago we got a bad message. Our guitarist Christian Hector has decided to leave Midnattsol. Christian describes the reasons for this step in the following statement:

Ahoi Midnattfolks,

it's been some years since Carmen and me started out forming Midnattsol. Now it's time for me to move on and experience new musical directions. My decision is due to the musical development of the band, the lack of time for family and friends and last but not least my second band Ahab. I'd like to focus on the work along with my dear friend Daniel Droste and Cornelius Althammer. Nonetheless, I still call everyone in Midnattsol my dearest friends, too! And I guess we'll have too much beer together again quite soon .

So - as you see - this decision is not born from quarrels, controversy or dispute with Chris, Birgit, Carmen, and the two Daniels. It's just, my musical way will be a different one, now.
I enjoyed being part of this for the last five years and I guess, I'll probably join one or the other of Midnattsol for some other musical projects in the future. May it be folk, rock, metal or whatever. We'll see.
I wish Midnattsol good luck with Nordlys and the best for their further career.

Farewell, proud men and women!
Christian Hector

The band adds:

We really regret his leaving of the band after 6 common Midnattsol-years. It was a great time and we have gone through many ups and downs together. Without him Midnattsol surely would not have gone the way where we are today - for this reason we have prepared a slideshow with some of the nicest scenes of Christian's time at Midnattsol. Thank you very much for the wonderful time and all the best for the future!!

Carmen, Birgit, Daniel D., Daniel F., Chris

Source: midnattsol.com
Band profile: Midnattsol
Posted: 02.05.2008 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 37 users
02.05.2008 - 11:04
Princ_Of_Horror

Oh well..sad news I guees..However their new album is great
02.05.2008 - 14:30
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Agree, the new album is very good... Anyway, I hope they find a new guitarist as good as Christian.
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
02.05.2008 - 15:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Good to see him concentrate on the far SUPERIOR Ahab. Midnattsol was a mediocre band at best in the genre they operate within.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.05.2008 - 14:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Can't help but being happy about this. Desperately waiting for another Ahab album!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama

Hits total: 3488 | This month: 8