Metal Storm logo
Best superhero movies

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 05.05.2008 - 15:38
which?

my personal favs are spiderman II, batman begins and x-men II. there is something so dark and realistic about these, it's hard to not relate to a character. especially in spiderman II, i actually felt the guy's rage, his disilusionment when he threw the spider suit away.

also i loved how dark and raging was batman begins. if i were to do a movie with batman, i'd get it darker even than this, the crow and sin city put together, because that's what batman is actually: a creature of the night, a completely black figure, remorseless and brutal with criminals.

i'd include The Crow, but it's not really a super hero movie, more like one man army movie or something(nothing really about justice in that movie, it's really only him getting his revenge, much like spawn).
18.08.2008 - 01:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
The absolute best ones are surely "Batman" and "Batman Returns". So dark and very very atmospheric. "Spider-Man" is really good too but as a big Marvel fan I just can't stand (all the flaws) in the sequels.
----
18.08.2008 - 03:11
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
well my friends...THE DARK KNIGHT beats all superhero movies i have seen so far by a mile
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.08.2008 - 11:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2008 at 23:25

Written by Valentin B on 14.08.2008 at 15:18

Written by Guest on 14.08.2008 at 14:19

Anyone who even dares comparing The Dark Knight to any other superhero movie is just out of his/her mind.
Hellboy2 (haven't seen the first), Batman Begins, and Hulk were nice, but nothing mind blowing..

yeah i pretty much agree, TDK owns every other movie mentioned in this list, Batman Begins, X-men 2, Spiderman 2 were all great movies but the Dark Knight is so good it's scary, best movie i've seen in a looong time.

Okay The Dark KNiwght was okoay, but nothing super IMO, an above average film that's it. The reason people say it sooo brilliant is IMO the fact that Heath Ledger died before the film was released.

lol, believe me, i've seen the Ledger-fangirls and i'm not one of them lmao

aside from the exceptional performance by Ledger, Eckhart, Oldman, Bale etc. there were also the incredibly realistic special effects and the great script, nice little Nolan-style plot twists... well it's your opinion but i'm willing to say that this is one of the best movies i've seen so far.
18.08.2008 - 17:07
MathC
Account deleted
I hope people can actually understand that the Dark Knight is not about the Joker. It's about the white knight vs the dark knight and how the Joker screws up any chance for Batman to just be Bruce Wayne and not Batman anymore.
18.08.2008 - 17:23
nehrodwarf

justice league, X-man, ninjas turtles, the classics

and using some especial effects, get too cool!
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
18.08.2008 - 22:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 18.08.2008 at 17:07

I hope people can actually understand that the Dark Knight is not about the Joker. It's about the white knight vs the dark knight and how the Joker screws up any chance for Batman to just be Bruce Wayne and not Batman anymore.

well, i see it as batman vs. the joker in the way that the joker just wants, like Alfred said, "to see the world burn" and he believes he can throw Gotham in chaos by corrupting Dent. 2-Face's evil side is the brainchild of the Joker. if there weren't any Joker, the mob bosses would be in jail and everyone would be happy, and of course Bruce would give up the disguise and get back with Rachel.
18.08.2008 - 22:09
MathC
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 18.08.2008 at 22:02

the joker believes he can throw Gotham in chaos by corrupting Dent.

That is exactly why I think the Joker isn't the main point of this movie. It is much more about how the corruption of Harvey Dent, the white knight, affect both Gotham and Batman, and how it pushes Batman into being a dark knight, a person that needs to bear the weight of being an outlaw AND and hero, and to sacrifice his life for it.
22.08.2008 - 12:23
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
still didn't watched new Batman, but in my opinion big population to this movie , unfortunly bring death of Ledger, thats thin i don't like it ....but anyway i can't wait to see it ...
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
13.10.2008 - 18:23
Yossarian

Hi, I am quite a Marvel fan. That will be my ranking as regards Marvel:
1- the X-men trilogy, above all the underrated 3rd one.
2- Both Fantastic Four.
3- Spiderman. They adapted great the personality of Mr Parker.
4- Daredevil. Lots of action.
5- Both Hulk movies. Not so much action in a character such us the green-skin.
6- Elektra. Very tacky and somewhat childish.
7- Iron Man -the original character was not that asshole. A respect for the alcohollic people, please-

It is been prepared another Iron Man, one for Thor for 2010, then Captain America on 2011 to give way for the most desired The Avengers on 2011.

As regards other comics, I can´t stand Batman and I need to respect the classical Superman series for the perfomance, taking aside special effects and the like. Superman II will be my favourite, then both Hellboy and then...I better go back to work.

Bye,

Ross
14.10.2008 - 06:58
Dark Blood
The Avenger
In my opinion Spiderman and X-Men movies are the best so far. Daredevil and Elektra are the most overated imo. Boring and no essence.
I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet, but all I've heard about u guys was great things about the movie so I must watch it as soon as I can.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
14.10.2008 - 18:50
MathC
Account deleted
Written by Dark Blood on 14.10.2008 at 06:58

In my opinion Spiderman and X-Men movies are the best so far. Daredevil and Elektra are the most overated imo. Boring and no essence.
I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet, but all I've heard about u guys was great things about the movie so I must watch it as soon as I can.

How are Daredevil and elektra overrated? Is there anyone that actually enjoyed those movies at all?
14.10.2008 - 18:52
MathC
Account deleted
I do not believe there can be any good answer other than The Dark Knight or Iron Man.

Both movies pwned any other previous superhero movie in both depth and gross revenue.
14.10.2008 - 20:50
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
LOVE Transformers! Grew up watching it on tv and had all the action figures...freekin awesome and despite the shitty storyline the action scenes are amazing! Watched Iron Man for the first time last week and was pleasantly surprised....really cool. Loved Dark Knight as well
15.10.2008 - 03:37
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Guest on 14.10.2008 at 18:50

How are Daredevil and elektra overrated? Is there anyone that actually enjoyed those movies at all?

What can I say?.. I didn't like the movies

BTW, Transformers was also a nice movie
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
15.10.2008 - 15:21
MathC
Account deleted
Written by Dark Blood on 15.10.2008 at 03:37

Written by Guest on 14.10.2008 at 18:50

What can I say?.. I didn't like the movies

BTW, Transformers was also a nice movie

I understand you don'T likt them, I don't like them either. I was just saying that to be overrated, those movies would need a lot more fans than they had.