Stand Alone
My Own Savior
Reaping Stone
Consequences

Total votes: 84
20.06.2006 - 04:54
Susan
Smeghead
Personally, I think Something Wicked This Way Comes is the greatest metal album of all time. Whether or not you agree with that it's an ass-kicking album either way. Each song is unique yet they create one cohesive masterpiece. Which is your favourite?

I chose "Burning Times" because it really goes above and beyond as an album opener. It's one of my favourite IE songs; it's so addictive - I never want it to end and I'm always pumped for more. Other choices might have been My Own Savior or Reaping Stone or Desciples of the Lie

**I didn't include the Wicked Trilogy songs because that would be a shoe-in

**I also didn't include the instrumental "1776" because there wasn't room (I love instrumentals BTW but had to choose ONE song to axe). Sorry if that was your pick
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
20.06.2006 - 12:32
Dam3k

Ye dude, this allbum is their best... but hard choice!!I chosed Watching over me... but I've hard hesitated btw Melancholy, Stand Alone or Consequences.... so dunno =)
----

20.06.2006 - 15:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hey where are my fv song of Iced Earth for all times, my firts song if them "Birth Of The Wicked" This song are great mazing, specely lyrics, I hate childrena nd its for me "a wicked child..." so this is best song

From list

Watching Over Me and Blesse Are You, Watching Over Me its great song/ballad I hear its about one friend of band mambers who dies, so or it was Dessert Rain
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.06.2006 - 19:07
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
The best work of iced earth in this album could be the trilogy something wicked, but is an album that have an agressive song and after a ballad, ana grassive, a ballad...very great hte song melancholy, i vote for that one because is it touches your heart, while the most bangin' song colud be My own saviour.
20.06.2006 - 19:55
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Watching Over Me is a pretty emotional and heartfelt song and means quite a lot...I like Reaping Stone and Burning Times the most...
20.06.2006 - 20:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Watching Over Me for me too because of, like Horlequism said, it's an emotional and heartfelt song.
But all in all Something Wicked is an awesome album. IMO it is one of the most underrated albums ever released. It is almost on par with Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets for me.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.06.2006 - 20:38
DIE_by_my_HAND

Yeah, like you said, you can agree or not,,, well I disagree. IMO it's not Iced Earth's best, let alone metal's best... but I won't really get into that...
I chose My Own Savior because it is fast and heavy, it has a lot of energy, although repedative. But again if the trilogy were up there I would've picked the Coming Curse...
----
And music: well it's just entertainment folks!!
-Devin Townsend
20.06.2006 - 22:17
RavenLord

Bah...no Coming Curse or Prophecy? And you call this a poll?!

Seriously, I go for Burning Times. It just reeks of attitude and pure heaviness. The bells at the beginning just accentuate that kick ass riff-familiar Schaffer triplets, yet nothing too fast, just plain good. And Barlow sounds seriously pissed off. Brilliant.

Notable mention: Melancholy, with Barlow and Schaffer at their most emotional. I actually put this track on a Mix CD in the hope that when I played it in our P.E. class (doing weights), the girls wouldn't bitch and put on James Blunt. No such luck...:|
----
20.06.2006 - 22:49
Stigmatized
Blessed Are You would be my favorite. The way Matt Barlow sings "CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT!!"......gives me chills. Some of Barlow's best vocal work in my opinion.
21.06.2006 - 12:33
Eternal Flames

I would have to say Watching Over Me. As already mentioned it's a very emotional song, written as a tribute to a friend of Jon Schaffers. Although Melancholy and Burning Times both come very close as well. Barlow's vocals truly amaze me, particularly in Melancholy. All in all, it's simply one brilliant album, not their best, but very underrated still.
22.06.2006 - 17:16
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
It didn't take me much time to decide because I just love Watching Over Me because it tells my story exactly
but I also like melancholy and blessed are you and the birth of the wicked trioligy (obviously)
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
23.06.2006 - 12:00
EvilOstrich
Account deleted
Well, it seems like I'm the first one to really be going against the grain here and I'm going with the heaviest, darkest song on the album, Disciples of the Lie. The song takes on an extremely topical subject, and does it with a keen eye for making the listener think while headbanging. Its a pretty brutal song in its execution between the heavy riffs and the heavy lyrics. And for the record, Reaping Stone would be my next choice.
23.06.2006 - 22:38
SETHULHU
yogi_lb@hotmail.com
everytime i hear BURNING TIMES i start pounding on my thighs and head bang. thus burning times is my vote, this album has one of the best opening songs ever. this shows iced earth at their best, and live is just as good.

as for the whole album, it is good (its hard for me to rate IE albums form best to worst) but one of my all time favorits has to be burnt offering. now THAT album has THE BEST METAL SONG ever. Dantes Inferno.
----
This site is great. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

reBubblefuckered !!!BAAAALEEETEEED!!!
24.06.2006 - 00:18
CrematorY
Account deleted
Not only the best album, but has the best two songs ever! It was quite hard for me to decide between watching over me, melancholy, Blessed are you ... all hold immense feelings merged with some magnificent music, and a unique overwhelming sound! ICED EARTH ALL THE WAY!!!!! best band ever! I just adore this band!
24.06.2006 - 02:06
ylside

Disciples of the Lie, definitly does it for me, from the first time I've listened to it I've fallen under it's spell, amazing song.
15.07.2006 - 22:51
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I chose Melancholy, because it is one of metal's greatest ballads in my opinion. The lyrics are great, the riffs are very good and Barlow's vocals really make the song into what it is. It is the song that made Iced Earth famous. I would have chose The Coming Curse had it been in the poll though...
16.07.2006 - 06:43
Endoftherainbow

My favorite song not from the trilogy is My Own Savior it's one of the heaviest songs on that album with a chours that really stick in my head. The lyrics aren't the greatest Iced Earth's wrote though but that's probably why they stick with me..."Life's a bitch, life's a whore. Nothing less, nothing more." As for Something Wicked This Way Comes being Iced Earth's best album I disagree check out some Dark Saga, Night of the Stormrider, or Burnt Offerings.
24.02.2007 - 04:50
Oracle
Orcinus
Melancholy is a heaps awesome song
24.02.2007 - 09:02
Danny Thomas

Consequences is my pick because it has some of the best, most applyable lyrics ive ever seen. i don't know whether its impacted anyone else, but i feel as if shaffer really thought long and hard when he made that song.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
25.02.2007 - 13:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
Mwlancholy for me, that is one of my favorite songs not only by Iced Earth, great song, so powerful and unique... Beside Question Of Heaven my favorite Iced Earth song
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
08.05.2007 - 18:55
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Susan on 20.06.2006 at 04:54

**I also didn't include the instrumental "1776" because there wasn't room (I love instrumentals BTW but had to choose ONE song to axe). Sorry if that was your pick
One of best instrumentals, ever!

But Anyway, I voted for Watching Over Me, though Disciples of th lie and My own saviour are pretty close. All in all, this is seriously goood album.
----
10.05.2007 - 04:56
Bitch Boy

I also voted for "Watching over me", one of the very best ballads ever written. But as Marcel said, the whole album is a masterpiece.
12.05.2007 - 00:01
BrightNight

I would say "The Coming Curse" and the wicked trillogy but as it is not listed i voted My Own Saviour. Its straight in your face, and i sure like that! Pure Iced Earth.....hopefully it will stay this way in the future....
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
04.06.2007 - 11:05
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Melancholy and Stand Alone are my two favorites besides the Something Wicked Trilogy. I voted for Stand Alone, its still catchy after 4 years of listening to iced Earth
04.06.2007 - 12:32
NaturensGalleri
Account deleted
Watching over me, because it's simply a great song. It has great lyrics and as it was already said, it's dedicated to a friend of Schaffers who was killed in a motorcycle accident. It always makes me sad.
04.06.2007 - 14:13
scskowron
War Paladin
Stand Alone, because of the fast riffs and double bass. Even if it is a complete rip-off of Metallica's Blackened.
04.06.2007 - 16:21
Opium
Account deleted
Strangely enough, "1776" is my pick, damn you Lyrinan!

It evokes nostalgia in me, good memories indeed... I often found myself just listening to it on repeat about a year ago, generally for a few hours, mind you, I probably did overplay it
07.06.2007 - 02:32
graywolf87
Account deleted
my dream is to see Matt live with Iced Earth before I die...you didn't put "Birth of The Wicked" my personal favorite (I love that intro) the whole album is a perfect 10.

...no more Iced Priest! bring Matt Barlow backkk!!
13.06.2007 - 12:13
Darkside Momo
Retired

**I didn't include the Wicked Trilogy songs because that would be a shoe-in

Yes... But what would be Something Wicked without this ?

I chose "Burning Times" because it really goes above and beyond as an album opener.

My pick too
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
13.06.2007 - 18:48
orathac
Account deleted
i am between Watching Over Me and Melancholy...! but i chose Melancholy its more classical for me