Justin Broadrick- Napalm Death
Rich Walker- Sore Throat
Paul Halmshaw- Sore Throat
Dan Lilker- Brutal Truth

Total votes: 5
15.05.2008 - 07:05
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Okay, so here is a poll for the most influential Grind musician. I really liked this concept because it doesn't seem to be something many people think about. I still don't know as much about this subject as I'd like to know, (but still know alot more than I used to) and that's the main reason for my opening this thread. I mainly have Napalm Death and Sore Throat guys because these were two bands founded with the creation of the genre. I also have Dan Lilker of Brutal Truth (Ex Anthrax) because he was in one of the earliest bands to fuse grind and other music together. I Naturally have the "other" option there for anyone who's opinion may be other than that which is found on the main voting poll, and plus, you'll never know what important figure in grindcore I could have missed.

I vote for Bill Steer. While he didn't invent grindcore, he DID play with the band that invented it on the second half of their first album, as well as all of their second album. After that, ND didn't do grind anymore. But when he went on to form Carcass, there was still a very High amount of grind influence in his music, and through innovation of these two bands (not to mention two different genres, not only grindcore but Death Metal and even Melodeath) he has reached the most people and the most bands through the power of grind. Anyone else?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
15.05.2008 - 17:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dont know realy so no vote but I like Napalm Death and Carcass dont like other bands what you mentioned
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.05.2008 - 21:36
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Okie dokie, any other input?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

16.05.2008 - 05:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Influence threads are always hard for me. Napalm Death are the most popular from the poll, so obviously I think they are one of the more influential bands, but for today's grind scene, everyone seems to be influenced by Pig Destroyer.
16.05.2008 - 08:15
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Dangerboner on 16.05.2008 at 05:22

Influence threads are always hard for me. Napalm Death are the most popular from the poll, so obviously I think they are one of the more influential bands, but for today's grind scene, everyone seems to be influenced by Pig Destroyer.

Yeah, but I would have it taken beyond ideas of simply modern or classic. I would say the heaviest impact overall.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

16.05.2008 - 12:23
Cocacolacowboy
Account deleted
its a toss up between Lilker and Broadrick for me.Lilker was in brutal truth,Nuclear assault,Anthrax,S.O.D,Exit 13, but at the same time Broadrick has Godflesh, Napalm death,Head of david, Final, Techno animal, Jesu, and Curse of the golden vampire.and about 50 other projects..

so i guess its a tie.
16.05.2008 - 12:29
Hamird
Lieutenant
if Necrophagia is counted a grind band, i would say Killjoy is the master of grind music
16.05.2008 - 18:40
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Hamird on 16.05.2008 at 12:29

if Necrophagia is counted a grind band, i would say Killjoy is the master of grind music

Yeah, but they're just straight up DM homie.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

26.06.2008 - 19:06
MortalTheory
Account deleted
yeah, need the Killjoy, and if you stretch it, old school Suffocation.