Metal Storm logo
Tired of music?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 15.05.2008 - 08:28
I had experienced a really strange feeling lately, that invades me suddenly. There are whole weeks in which I just don't want to listen to anything, metal and music in general becomes uninteresting for me and what had beem for MANY years one of the truly important aspects of my life loses its whole meaning. At first I tried to fight that feeling, but I see that love for music is progressively leaving me, and there are actually very few times in which I feel that whole pleasure that it used to induct in me. I wouldn't be surprised if 1 year ahead from now I'll not be actually listening to anything... comments? experiences?

I didn't want to open this thread in the General Music forum just becuase I wasn't felt it was the appropiate place, but mods feel free to change it.
27.07.2008 - 17:40
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Oracle on 25.07.2008 at 12:57

Sometimes i go months without listening to music because i just dont feel like it and then get back into. It doesnt mean im bored of it or anything it just means im probably not in the mood.
2 years ago i would listen to music non stop but i just sort of didnt listen to it as much since having a boyfriend. And thats the same with cds, i dont buy them as much as i used to.
Ive gotten back into listening to music now though but who knows, i might stop again for a few months.

this is a common error for alot of ppl as they fall in love with someone. for example my girlfriend did it as well! now its 6.5 years that she didn listen to music as before!( since she found me). but im in love with music too! cant stop it never!
28.07.2008 - 02:00
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by Guest on 27.07.2008 at 17:40

Sometimes i go months without listening to music because i just dont feel like it and then get back into. It doesnt mean im bored of it or anything it just means im probably not in the mood.
2 years ago i would listen to music non stop but i just sort of didnt listen to it as much since having a boyfriend. And thats the same with cds, i dont buy them as much as i used to.
Ive gotten back into listening to music now though but who knows, i might stop again for a few months.

this is a common error for alot of ppl as they fall in love with someone. for example my girlfriend did it as well! now its 6.5 years that she didn listen to music as before!( since she found me). but im in love with music too! cant stop it never!

I know.. i still love music too but because i have a boyfriend i have more to do now. when i was single i was bored and would listen to music 24/7. now i only listen to half that. and yes my boyfriend is a metalhead and he is on this site.. He was the same too. We just have more to focus on now other than music. do you know what i mean?
04.08.2008 - 15:50
Nexus
Asshat
It's extremely rare, but it has happened to me on occasion in the past. It freaked the hell out of me as well, but I dunno, I just got over it and began indulging in musical pleasantries the day after. I don't know what to say, other than don't force it or worry about it. You'll enjoy listening to music when you just do. You can't exactly decide what you like or don't like listening to at a given moment.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
04.08.2008 - 19:06
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Oracle on 28.07.2008 at 02:00

Written by Guest on 27.07.2008 at 17:40

I know.. i still love music too but because i have a boyfriend i have more to do now. when i was single i was bored and would listen to music 24/7. now i only listen to half that. and yes my boyfriend is a metalhead and he is on this site.. He was the same too. We just have more to focus on now other than music. do you know what i mean?

i know what do u mean! but im a music addict! lol so i cant understand but i know yeah! take it easy
05.08.2008 - 17:53
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i dont think this has ever happened to me, i love music too much to just stop listening to it

maybe this is because i actually have nothing else to do
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
05.08.2008 - 21:59
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Necrogeddon on 05.08.2008 at 17:53

i dont think this has ever happened to me, i love music too much to just stop listening to it

I have the same reasons...
I don't have a real social life, yay!

Well... that's not that serious, but still... Music is something that I use to kill the boredom and It wroks very well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.08.2008 - 22:16
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.08.2008 at 21:59

Written by Necrogeddon on 05.08.2008 at 17:53

I have the same reasons...
I don't have a real social life, yay!

Well... that's not that serious, but still... Music is something that I use to kill the boredom and It wroks very well.

i swear once i had nothing to do, and all of my friends were busy so i listened to anaal nathrakh's eschaton about 10 times all the way though in one day!
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'