Triple Thread: Sweden's most influential man in Extreme Metal
Posts: 15 Visited by: 83 users
15.05.2008 - 22:59
Ok, first let see their successful discographies.
* He is a Producer, Composer, Lyricst, Mixer, Performer (Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist/Drummer/Keyboard player), Actor (!), Mayor (!!)
* Algaion - Vox Clamentis (drums)
* Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh (vocals)
* Edge of Sanity - Infernal (lead guitar on one track)
* Hypocrisy - Penetralia (guitar, keyboards)
* Hypocrisy - Osculum Obscenum (guitar, keyboards)
* Hypocrisy - The Fourth Dimension (guitar, vocals, keyboards)
* Hypocrisy - Abducted (guitar, vocals, keyboards)
* Hypocrisy - The Final Chapter (guitar, vocals, keyboards)
* Hypocrisy - Hypocrisy (guitar, vocals, keyboards)
* Hypocrisy - Into the Abyss (guitar, vocals, keyboards)
* Hypocrisy - Catch 22 (guitar, vocals, keyboards)
* Hypocrisy - The Arrival (guitar, vocals, keyboards)
* Hypocrisy - Virus (guitar, vocals, keyboards)
* Lock Up - Pleasures Pave Sewers (vocals)
* Marduk - Live in Germania (live guitar)
* Pain - Pain (vocals, all instruments)
* Pain - Rebirth (vocals, all instruments)
* Pain - Dancing with the Dead (vocals, all instruments)
* Pain - "Live Is Overrated" (DVD)
* Pain - Nothing Remains the Same (vocals, all instruments)
* Pain - Psalms of Extinction (vocals, all instruments)
* The Abyss - Summon the Beast (vocals, drums, bass)
* The Abyss - The Other Side (vocals, drums, bass)
* Therion - A'arab Zaraq - Lucid Dreaming (producer, guitar, grand piano)
* War - Total War (drums)
* Death Organ - 9 to 5 (Death Organ album) (1995)
* Dark Funeral - The Secrets of the Black Arts (1996)
* Fleshcrawl - Bloodsoul (1996)
* Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant (1997)
* Fleshcrawl - Bloodred Massacre (1997)
* Therion - A'arab Zaraq - Lucid Dreaming (1997)
* Dark Funeral - Vobiscum Satanas (1998)
* Amon Amarth - Once Sent from the Golden Hall (1998)
* Dimmu Borgir - Godless Savage Garden (1998)
* Love Like Blood - Snakekiller (1998)
* Immortal - At the Heart of Winter (1999)
* Dimmu Borgir - Spiritual Black Dimensions (1999)
* Borknagar - Quintessence (2000)
* Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper (2000)
* Dark Funeral - Teach Children to Worship Satan (2000)
* Dark Funeral - In the Sign... (2000)
* Gardenian - Sindustries (2000)
* Immortal - Damned in Black (2000)
* Old Man's Child - Revelation 666 - The Curse of Damnation (2000)
* Rotting Christ - Khronos (2000)
* Susperia - Predominance (2000)
* Sabaton - The_Art_of_War_(Sabaton_album) (2008)
* Dark Funeral - Diabolis Interium (2001)
* Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness (2002)
* Susperia - Vindication (2002)
* Dimmu Borgir - Stormblåst MMV (2005)
* Celtic Frost - Monotheist (2006)
* Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk (2008)
* He has also produced every Hypocrisy release from 1994 to the present and every Pain release.
* He is a Producer, Composer, Lyricist, Mixer, Performer (Vocalist, Guitarist, Bassist, Drummer, Keyboard player)
Some of his Musical Projects (incomplete):
* Aeon - Production on Rise to Dominate
* Altar - Keyboards, backing vocals
* Another Life - Drums, Keyboards, guitar solo
* Bloodbath - Drums (1998-2004), Guitar (2004-2006)
* Brejn Dedd - Drums, vocals
* Canopy - Guest vocals, guitar
* Coldworker - Producer
* Cronian - Mastering on the album Terra
* Dan Swanö - Vocals, all instruments
* Demiurg - Drums, Keyboards
* Diabolical Masquerade - Writing, drums (on Nightwork), guitar solos, producer
* Edge of Sanity - Vocals, guitar, Keyboards (old), all instruments (current)
* Evoke - Producer (Dreaming The Reality)
* Fall Of Serenity - Production on The Crossfire
* Godsend - Vocals, Keyboards
* Gorath - Mastering on the album "Misotheism"
* Infestdead - Guitars, bass, drum programming
* Karaboudjan - Vocals, all instruments
* Katatonia - Drums, Keyboards, vocals
* Maceration - Vocals, Keyboards, piano (under the alias "Day Disyraah")
* Mahlstrøm - Guest vocals
* Masticate - Guitar, bass, vocals
* Millencolin - Production on For Monkeys
* Moredhel - Production on Metamorphose
* Nasum - Producer, mastering
* Necrony - Guest Vocals, Guitars, Composer (under the alias "Day Disyraah")
* Nightingale - Vocals, guitars, Keyboards
* Novembre - Producer
* Novembers Doom - Mixed The Pale Haunt Departure and The Novella Reservoir, and contributed a guitar solo on the song "Dark World Burden" on the album The Pale Haunt Departure
* Odyssey - Vocals, drums, Keyboards
* Opeth - Producer
* Overflash - Drums
* Pain - Additional Engineering on Nothing Remains The Same
* Pan.Thy.Monium - Bass, Keyboards, effects (under the alias "Day Disyraah")
* Ribspreader - Guitar, Drums
* Route Nine - Vocals, guitar, bass, Keyboards
* Second Sky
* Sörskogen - Drums, bass, Keyboards
* Star One - Guest vocals
* Steel - vocals
* Subway Mirror
* The Lucky Seven
* The Project Hate MCMXCIX - Producer
* Theatre of Tragedy - Producer
* Therion - Guest Vocals
* Threshold - Guest vocals
* Total Terror - Guitar, vocals
* Uncanny - Engineered
* Under Black Clouds
* Unicorn - Vocals, drums
* Vinterland - Producer, Keyboards
* Winds - Guest Vocals (Prominence and Demise, 2007)
* Wounded Knee - Producer
* Moontower, full-length, 1998
* He is a Composer, Lyricist, Performer (Vocalist, Electric and Acoustic Guitarist)
* Ayreon: Åkerfeldt sings the parts of Fear in The Human Equation, the 2004 release.
* Bloodbath: Åkerfeldt is currently the vocalist for Bloodbath. He was with the band from 2000 to 2004, and can be heard on their Breeding Death and Resurrection through Carnage releases. He also performed live with them at Wacken Open Air in 2005. On January 30, 2008, it was announced on the official Bloodbath website that Åkerfeldt had rejoined the band. He later performed the vocals for their latest EP release Unblessing the Purity which has been out on limited release since March 10, 2008.
* Candlemass: Åkerfeldt performs vocals for one song on the Candlemass 20-year anniversary DVD.
* Dream Theater: Åkerfeldt performs a spoken word part in "Repentance" on their 2007 album Systematic Chaos.
* Edge of Sanity: Åkerfeldt provided vocals and guitar for some parts of Edge of Sanity's 1996 album Crimson.
* Katatonia: Åkerfeldt sings on the 1996 album Brave Murder Day, and the third song EP Sounds of Decay, released 1997. He also performs backing vocals on the albums Discouraged Ones and Tonight's Decision.
* Ihsahn: Åkerfeldt performs on the song "Unhealer" from the 2008 album angL.
* Porcupine Tree: Åkerfeldt sings and plays guitar on the 2005 album Deadwing.
* Roadrunner United: Åkerfeldt performs vocals on the song "Roads" alongside Type O Negative keyboardist Josh Silver on the Roadrunner Records 25th Anniversary album Roadrunner United: The All-Star Sessions.
* Soilwork: Åkerfeldt sings cleanly on the title track of the album A Predator's Portrait.
* Sörskogen: Åkerfeldt sings in Swedish and plays guitars on the lone track "Mordet i Grottan".
* Steel: A small power metal side project by Dan Swanö and Opeth's members, featuring Åkerfeldt on guitars.
Its so hard to choose, but i choose Tagtgren, because he's more active in field of musics which i like. and also personally i like Hypocrisy and Pain in top the list of my favorite bans.
so for me
*: No Others, because in Sweden even if there is a better performer, but no one can reach to these three man imo.
*: Please describe your choice.
| Bad English
15.05.2008 - 23:34
Hard quasten because I love EoS and Opeth but since i dont know all side projects i wont vote, but one think fo shore I know dan Swano sid eprojects more how Mikael
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!
Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.05.2008 - 23:36
I have to go with Tägtgren. He's produced so much, is a great musician and a well-respected artist here in Sweden.
16.05.2008 - 06:22
I'm not saying the other two guys are bad, they are awesome, but I think Peter Tägtgren is far superior xD
16.05.2008 - 10:25
Written by selken on 16.05.2008 at 06:22
Of course they are not bad ... after Tagtgren no one can reach these two men.
16.05.2008 - 14:53
I go to Peter Tägtgren. I love Hypocrisy and he is a great Producer. The other 2 are good too but I've choose. Nice topic!
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
20.05.2008 - 17:03
oh, very well. The poll up to now shows that its true that Peter Tagtgren is the most influential man in Scandinavia's musix
20.05.2008 - 19:01
I'm not suprised... A man who works with Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, Dark Funeral, Amon Amarth, etc. has to be on top!
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
| Doc Godin
22.05.2008 - 05:12
For me it comes down to Tagtgren VS Swano......All in all Im gonna have to go with Tagtgren, his list just impresses me just slightly more than Swanos.
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.06.2011 - 16:51
It's obvious that it is Nicke Andersson from Entombed. Without him, maybe the whole death metal scene in Sweden wouldn't be.
29.06.2011 - 17:17
I voted for Peter even though i despise his Pain project.
"The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull"
| Mr. Doctor
29.06.2011 - 17:30
Have to go with Tägtgren as well. Really really impressive list, Swanö was very very close though.
29.06.2011 - 17:43
Written by Hamird on 20.05.2008 at 17:03
Op are you saying that no-one in Swedish extreme metal can come close to those three? You should have maybe added Someone from Entombed... Ask any Swedish musician playing Death metal or Melodeath what they're influences are and chances are Entombed would be there.
Written by Aristarchos on 29.06.2011 at 16:51
Exactly... The amount of bands have Blatantly ripped off Entombed (or their guitar tone) is unbelievable, Without Entombed/Nihilist Swedish metal wouldn't have made the mark it has.
Based on the three choices in this poll I guess I would have to go with Peter Tagtgren.. He put out a Incredibley consistent discography and has helped produce a lot of great records. I guess I could say the same for Swano as well but my personal choice goes to Tagtgren.
Alone he sits, A vanquished Lord upon an oaken throne, presiding o'er this conflict that chills him to the bone, for each tarnished blade that festers is a thorn thrust in his side and his pain alone bears witness to the folly of mankind.
29.06.2011 - 21:01
I would also mention Tompa Lindberg (At the gates) for the Gothenburg movement before those three.
29.06.2011 - 21:10
I also forgot Quorthon!