Metal Storm logo
Keep Of Kalessin - New Song Online

Keep Of Kalessin have posted the following update:

"The Keep Of Kalessin MySpace-page has been updated with the artwork from our upcoming album "Kolossus", which will hit the stores worldwide in June!

We have also uploaded one of the tracks from the album so you all can hear it.

It's the track called "Ascendant" and we just finished the videoshoot for this song in Gothenburg. The video will be directed by Patrick Ullaeus who has worked with Dimmu Borgir, Within Temptation, In Flames and many more. So you can expect nothing else than an epic video!

"Kolossus" Release Dates:

Europe: June 6th
America: June 10th

Check out the new MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/keepofkalessin"

UPDATED on 20 May (thanks to SlaytallicA):

Nuclear Blast Records has launched a new e-card for Keep Of Kalessin's upcoming "Kolossus" album at this location.

Source: armada.keepofkalessin.no
Band profile: Keep Of Kalessin
Posted: 19.05.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 56 users
19.05.2008 - 13:20
Hamird
Lieutenant
Great, this band is great and this album is going to be another great album. hail to keep of kalessin
19.05.2008 - 14:18
Promonex
Cathemeral
Doesn't sound particularly convincing. And why does every goddamn band have to shoot a video with Patric Ullaeus nowadays?! It's not like he pulls of anything new and original. On the other hand it can't really get any worse than their video for "Into the Fire".
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
19.05.2008 - 20:14
enumaelis

Patrick Ullaeus is sign of quality, great!
But the song doesnt sound really amazing, let's see how it will be
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
20.05.2008 - 01:41
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
I'm a little bit disappointed by this new song. I hope something better for the rest of the album.
20.05.2008 - 05:54
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
New song sounds just ok. I need to hear the rest of the album.
20.05.2008 - 09:31
Slyfang

i liked the song. some parts reminded me of Enslaved, i only hope they will one day become just as good..

also i just noticed how the album cover looks pretty much identical to the cover for Elder Scrolls IV: OBLIVION
20.05.2008 - 10:22
Abattoir

I find it as a quite good song...
25.05.2008 - 05:06
Infurnace

It sounds promising. Keeps reminding me of "Armada".
25.05.2008 - 14:10
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Infurnace on 25.05.2008 at 05:06

It sounds promising. Keeps reminding me of "Armada".

Umm thats just it - I have the album and its nothing like Armada and thats why im kinda disappointed. "Ascendant" is probably one of two ro 3 songs that are on the same level or calibre of "Armada". Gone are the blackmetal vocals, the clean vocals are damn awful (Thebon cant sing for his life). "Warmonger" is pretty cool it reminds me a bit of "Many are We" and "Kolossus" is very good but for the rest it feels like wasted potential....its sounds like its building up to something great and then it either doesnt go to the next level or they do something that just spoils it.

The thing is that Armada's HUGE EPIC parts are seriously freekin epic and brutal yet still melodic with killer riffing - Theres not alot of memorable parts in Kolossus and even though the drumming is crazy at times the songs tend to get monotonous quite quickly.

Ive listened to the album about 15 times now....maybe I will listen to it again and hear something i missed previously because I really want to love this album. "Armada" is one of my all time favourites and it will suck if I dont grow to love this new one

Hits total: 3333 | This month: 6