03. The Atheist
04. Involution
05. Beholder Of Hate
06. Transition
07. Enslaved By A Living Deity
08. Blessed By Possession
09. Reflected In Dead Eyes
10. Blasphemous Deliverance

The Netherlands never fail to impress me; with such bands as Severe Torture and...well Severe Torture...this country punched the world of metal on the nose, then younger groups like Devious and the mighty Fondlecorpse noticed that people were no longer browsing through their scene only to find Within Temptation or After Forever, no way jose, people were looking for extreme stuff and brutality in the flesh...and damn I was lucky enough to find Hatred...

Now this is some catchy Death Metal, all those breakdowns and mid-paced parts that we all began to love when Dismember and Entombed were both decent bands are here waiting for some head-bang junkie to enjoy. So, catchy parts and Unleashed like riffs are maybe the most important feature in the music, but there's also plenty of brutality all along the whole album, the drumming is just impetuous and extreme the vocals are incredibly throaty and shivering, and the band as a whole makes this experience as interesting as the last Zeitgeist movie...

You'll find here goodies aplenty, even the melodic fillers sound cool, and if you're one of those music geeks you'll understand why I'm saying this...This piece is like one of those amazing underground movies, not many people really know those exist, so when you get to see a great unknown flick you actually feel special and with a bizarre sense of euphoria, this is exactly how I feel after hearing this piece, it's so good and underground that makes me want to keep it only for myself...unfortunately I'm a reviewer so that's not on my hands for the moment...

To sum things up, this album is a very good find if you're looking for entertaining Death Metal, even if you're into stuff like Power or Goth shit you'll find something interesting in here no doubt...in a shorter conclusion, this album rocks out with its cock out!

Best Tracks: "The Atheist", "Blessed By Possession", "Reflected In Dead Eyes"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 7
Production: 7

Written by Herzebeth | 22.05.2008

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 48 users
23.05.2008 - 00:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The word aplenty fucking rules. I'll check these guys out.
23.05.2008 - 02:36
HardSide

Ah, How I miss Herz's reviews. Definately will check out the album.
23.05.2008 - 15:49
Kinetic

Overall sounded kind of dull to me but they're definitely interesting for any old school death metal lover. I apreciated it but not to a full extent...it's a 7 for me.

Btw, even though i know you just wanted to sound funny, "gays" Moonspell are more agressive than these guys...
23.05.2008 - 15:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
OKay just removed the word gay from the review. Somehow missed it yesterday when proofreading it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.05.2008 - 16:27
Herzebeth

How come people thinks my Gays are THAT important....well whaddaya know, sorry again it's just my stile of writing that gets banned and censored here...

Still Moonspell will never be as agressive as Hatred lol
----
23.05.2008 - 18:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Herzebeth on 23.05.2008 at 16:27

How come people thinks my Gays are THAT important....well whaddaya know, sorry again it's just my stile of writing that gets banned and censored here...

You know what our policy is concerning the word "gay" in posts and reviews (especially those of official reviewers) The use of the word is just lame and you know it :-)

But... I agree Moonspell will never be as aggressive as Hatred. Just the thought mad me crack up.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.05.2008 - 18:54
Herzebeth

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.05.2008 at 18:01

You know what our policy is concerning the word "gay" in posts and reviews (especially those of official reviewers) The use of the word is just lame and you know it :-)

But... I agree Moonspell will never be as aggressive as Hatred. Just the thought mad me crack up.

maybe he was refering to a very early moonspel....in which case is still very mild in comparison....on theother hand I seriously can't imagine someone saying the new quietter moonspell is more agressive than ANY band like Hatred...
----
24.05.2008 - 01:07
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.05.2008 at 18:01

The use of the word is just lame and you know it :-)

Nah, censorship is what's lame xD
24.05.2008 - 16:00
Kinetic

The "quieter" Moonspell?! lol have you guys been up to date about their most recent releases (Memorial and Night Eternal)? In half of those songs they're agressive and have WAY more flow than any Hatred song...this is obviously subjective but I can't stop to consider ignorance to people that proclaim any death metal band more agressive than of any other genres. Hatred is a damn dull example of it.
24.05.2008 - 16:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Kinetic on 24.05.2008 at 16:00

The "quieter" Moonspell?! lol have you guys been up to date about their most recent releases (Memorial and Night Eternal)? In half of those songs they're agressive and have WAY more flow than any Hatred song...this is obviously subjective but I can't stop to consider ignorance to people that proclaim any death metal band more agressive than of any other genres. Hatred is a damn dull example of it.

Yes I am familiar with ALL of Moonspell's work. And although their newer releases have good to great moments, it is impossible to call them aggressive. If you call that aggressive you might as well call a rabbit running in the fields aggressive.
And live... well... (I am probably one of the very on this forum that has seen both Moonspell and Hatred live more than two times) Moonspell is all nice and has a big light show but aso no aggression whatsoever, whereas Hatred is pure aggression on stage.
This does not mean I prefer Hatred over Moonspell though. Although Hatred is more aggressive their death metal is quite run of the mill and can be heard here in The Netherlands at least played by another 10 bands each weekend. Moonspell is a way better band, more original, better song srtuctures, better flow (like you said) etc. etc.
But listening to a band such as Hatred is fun nonetheless when done in pauses.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.05.2008 - 16:58
Kinetic

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.05.2008 at 16:11

Written by Kinetic on 24.05.2008 at 16:00

Yes I am familiar with ALL of Moonspell's work. And although their newer releases have good to great moments, it is impossible to call them aggressive. If you call that aggressive you might as well call a rabbit running in the fields aggressive.
And live... well... (I am probably one of the very on this forum that has seen both Moonspell and Hatred live more than two times) Moonspell is all nice and has a big light show but aso no aggression whatsoever, whereas Hatred is pure aggression on stage.
This does not mean I prefer Hatred over Moonspell though. Although Hatred is more aggressive their death metal is quite run of the mill and can be heard here in The Netherlands at least played by another 10 bands each weekend. Moonspell is a way better band, more original, better song srtuctures, better flow (like you said) etc. etc.
But listening to a band such as Hatred is fun nonetheless when done in pauses.

Fair enough, it's your perspective. That's why I rarely listen to death metal bands now (unless when done in pauses like you said) because it's a genre that can only redefine itself through others as it became too stagnant....that or to embrace melodic death metal.

Hits total: 4622 | This month: 9