Metal Storm logo
Concert Going and Moshpit tips

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 28.05.2008 - 05:11
I figure we can compile some tips about going to metal concerts, because it can get rough, and that can stop you from focusing on the band. They may seem like common sense, but you'd be surpised.
Heres a few:
-Wear high laced shoes like boots or converse allstars so you don't loose em.
-Free water comes from the bathroom sinks. (if you're ultra dehydrated and low on money or you're saving to buy merch)
-Take the shit out of your pockets before your crowdsurf (i have a collection of cellphones because of this)
-If you fall on the ground during a mosh, close your mouth, and bite down, my friends cousin has permanent jaw pain for the rest of his life from getting it kicked in at a pantera show.
-Take a shower right before a show and you wont sweat as much

Your turn
23.04.2012 - 02:18
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.04.2012 at 02:06

Taking your shirt off is a good idea because a) you don't wreck your shirt, b) you don't overheat and c) people will be less likely to come near you ;]

The first two are true all of the time but the last one isnt always true haha
23.04.2012 - 02:55
the stranger

Written by Guest on 23.04.2012 at 02:18

Written by Guest on 20.04.2012 at 02:06

Taking your shirt off is a good idea because a) you don't wreck your shirt, b) you don't overheat and c) people will be less likely to come near you ;]

The first two are true all of the time but the last one isnt always true haha

Specially if you're in the middle of a moshpit were most probably EVERYBODY is without shirt. Btw, I'm always looking for the moshpit on metal concerts and jumping straight to it.
Also, advice in general for everybody, if you're going to a concert on another country, try to watch some videos of the local crowd. I'll guess that way you won't feel the way I did when I was in Sweden on a festival hearing Destruction, Moonspell, Morbid Angel, etc. and watching how EVERYBODY was standing still. Marcel Schirmer actually forced the crowd to mosh and the mosh lasted for... ten seconds.