Band: Dieresis
Album: Loose Limbs
Style: Brutal death metal
Release date: March 2008

01. Loose Limbs
02. Ritual Of Reanimation
03. Necrophobic Incest
04. Chirurgical Implant Of Femal Organs

Dieresis are a five-headed metal band, viciously conceived in the dirty French underground somewhere in 2001. In the sultry summer of 2004, the band unleashed their fury for the first time while recording a five-song demo entitled "Bleed To Feast". Not entirely satisfied with the quality on all levels, the band decided they had to sharpen their scalpels a bit more and the few bad men started working on a follow-up. Now, in spring 2008, the band cruelly breaks the silence once again by releasing their new self-financed EP "Loose Limbs".

Enough with the history lesson, let's get down to the very root of this review: Dieresis is a band that will grab you by the balls. And let me tell you, these guys are literally bloody serious about those matters. According to the band's biography, Dieresis indicates the separation of an organic tissue in the field of surgery. The band even gives a suitable example of what Dieresis stand for. For example, you suddenly decide you want to know how the internal structure of the testicles of one of your random relatives looks like. Then, you take the loyal scalpel you always happen to keep in your possession, you make an incision in his scrotum, and?

If by now you're thinking "Good god, that's just sick. Really, really disturbing. Give me a break please", I'm afraid you can (once again) leave the hall, or in this case the filthy operating room. If you, on the other hand, were thinking "Good god, that's just sick. Really, really sweet. Give me more please", you might want to keep reading and check this band out. Indeed, this is really one of those bands you either love or hate, in any case until it bleeds. Dieresis play a straight kind of Brutal Death Metal, rather mid-paced but still full of aggression, and with no wicked strings attached (of course there are no strings attached, they all have been carefully cut through with a scalpel, remember). Musically speaking, Dieresis sound is quite all right and it all fits together pretty well. Although the growls and grunts are pretty convincing, I really couldn't understand a word, but then again, that's not particularly surprising in this genre. The riffs on the other hand are so precise and sharp, it's almost like you can feel the blade cutting your flesh. The only real problem is that because of the vast and cumbersome sound Dieresis is rather filling and it will take a while for your stomach to digest, so the easier it will be to say that Dieresis disagree with you.

Dieresis aren't exactly reinventing the wheel here, but I don't think that was ever their goal in the first place. So if you like intense ballbusting à la Deeds Of Flesh meets Dying Fetus, you've come to the right surgeons. All in all, the "Loose Limbs" EP will be a nice discovery. And especially for the veterans in the genre with a strong stomach, or the die-hards whose stomach is surgically removed a long time ago, this EP will taste good.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: -
Originality: 6
Production: 7

Written by Thryce | 28.05.2008

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 32 users
29.05.2008 - 00:16
Baz Anderson

in my little spare time I found myself visiting their myspace - and it sounds good!
makes me think I need more brutal death metal... mooooore, moooooore I say!

yeh, this isn't really amazing, but it is a good standard

Hits total: 3287 | This month: 5