Metal Storm logo
Best Clean/ Slowish Opeth Song

Poll

What is the best clean/ slowish opeth song?

Harvest
To Bid You Farewell
Face Of Melinda
Windowpane
In My Time of Need
Benighted
Coil
Hours Of Wealth
To Rid The Disease

Total votes: 154
05.06.2008 - 06:40
Metal_Militia
//In your opinion, what do you think the best clean/ slow opeth song? There are many gems to chose from and i obviously couldnt fit them all onto one list. I just tried to make it diverse and take at least of off every album in which there was one. I live Mikes clean voice a lot so i decided to ask you guys which slow song you liked the most. For me, the best one is To Bid You Farewell. I think its one of the most perfect songs ive heard. Great musicianship and i love the moving touch Mikael has on this song. It means a lot to me and you can just hear the emotion pour out of his voice...what do you guys think??//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

05.06.2008 - 07:08
Bitch Boy
A very hard choice. First of all, this should be an open question and not a poll. But if we only count those in the poll, I think that "Windowpane" and "Harvest" are the best, though I voted "Windowpane" for some reason. I also like "Coil", a cool new song.
05.06.2008 - 07:29
Nox Lux
codebreaker
I chose Face of Melinda. Harvest is awesome too. It's also annoying that Credence was not a viable option.

I would actually like for them to one day release a Double Album - one cd clean songs, one cd all heavy songs. Hell, some of them could even be the same songs, different versions. What do you guys think of this idea? Allows for different approaches on the instruments as well.

----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Nox Lux
05.06.2008 - 07:47
Metal_Militia
Written by Nox Lux on 05.06.2008 at 07:29

I chose Face of Melinda. Harvest is awesome too. It's also annoying that Credence was not a viable option.

I would actually like for them to one day release a Double Album - one cd clean songs, one cd all heavy songs. Hell, some of them could even be the same songs, different versions. What do you guys think of this idea? Allows for different approaches on the instruments as well.

//yeah i just got retarded for a sec while creating this. The reason i made this was because i was actually listening to the song Credence which is fantastic by the way. I love the guitar parts at the end. I just bloody forgot to make that an option, I feel stupid lol
And the double album was technicaly already done. They recorded Deliverance and Damnation at one time and Mikael actually wanted it to be released as a double album. But the record company thought they could sell more copies if they spaced them 6 months or so apart//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

05.06.2008 - 08:37
Nox Lux
codebreaker
Dammit. sometimes that happens, hey. I'm sure when you had thought you had written them all, and were scouring your memory in search of any you may have forgotten, that that was the exact moment you started enjoying a particularly good part of Credence. Such is the nature.

That's still a different double album to what I was suggesting though. Although cheers for the info. That's quite interesting and typical.
----

~ Nox Lux
05.06.2008 - 10:21
TheBigRossowski
For the both of you, I can't tolerate Credence, haha! My Arms, Your Hearse was my first Opeth album and I just can't take that one song!! I'm going to listen to it right now! Eh....

I overlooked Harvest too!!! ARRGGHH!! My vote goes to Windowpane, but if I would have actually seen Harvest, I might have voted for it. My mind was already registered on Windowpane though. To Rid the Disease is also great!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
05.06.2008 - 10:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I love them all but soemhwo Windowpain are closer sng for me, dont know but i like it better , so I vote for it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.06.2008 - 12:25
Abattoir
staff
This kind a hard question, but I voted for To Bid You Farewell...although the other songs are also in first class.
05.06.2008 - 17:09
Hamird
Lieutenant
hard to chose just one. because damnated was so great and all the songs in that album were clean... but i like "in my time of need" more than other slow songs. because that is a true slow/clean/depressive song which i enjoy that. i'm not a depressed person but this song is better than others
05.06.2008 - 18:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
To Bid You Farewell hands down...
It's by far their best... the guitarr is so well played on that song.. and the bass is perfect!
I really love this song.. it means a lot for me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.06.2008 - 00:35
Ka Tet
So tough... Credence would have made it even tougher since I love the guitar on that one...

The only song I'm not familiar with is Coil as I haven't heard the new album yet.

In My Time Of Need was my vote though. Damnation is a perfect album in my opinion and this is probably my favorite song on it. Although even that is hard to choose...
07.06.2008 - 01:22
Damnated
Churchburner
Windowpane was one of my fav songs for a long, long time. i used to listen to it for hours. although i still like it, the feeling is nothing like it used to be. but eh. it's still their best song. second best would be a tie between Harvest and To rid the disease. those songs are also really good tbh.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
07.06.2008 - 10:33
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
1. Face. Of. Melinda.
2. Hope Leaves
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
07.06.2008 - 13:36
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i like benighted which no one else seems to. its proably because before i listened to them my dad made a playlist with what he thought were the best songs off each album and these where the ones i first listened to.
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
07.06.2008 - 17:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Damnated on 07.06.2008 at 01:22

Windowpane was one of my fav songs for a long, long time. i used to listen to it for hours. although i still like it, the feeling is nothing like it used to be. but eh. it's still their best song. second best would be a tie between Harvest and To rid the disease. those songs are also really good tbh.

For me it was hard to vote since To Rid The Disease was in the poll... Damm, that song along with Windowpane kick ass on that album...

But I had to go with To Bid You Farewell, it's a bit more personal for me.
----
Rod, let me love you.
08.06.2008 - 00:32
ß
Problem?
Very hard choice but I chose Harvest. I like all those songs mentioned there but I like Harvest the best im kind surprised I was the only one who voted for it so far.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
10.06.2008 - 01:25
Reizenstein
For me, it stood between In My Time of Need and Hours of Wealth.
The first is because of singing, and the latter is because of the guitarwork in the begining, which I love.
I ended up voting for In My Time of Need.
----
Growl
10.06.2008 - 06:56
Metal_Militia
//Man, when i started this i thought that Harvest would get a heck of a lot more votes. Im really glad that some people have voted for To Bid You Farewell like me. All the people i ask this question to never really say it in their plethera of songs they say. Its probably my fav Opeth songs. Means so much to me. Glafd theres a lot of people are voting pretty diversly because these are all really great songs!//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

10.06.2008 - 23:07
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Metal_Militia on 10.06.2008 at 06:56

//Man, when i started this i thought that Harvest would get a heck of a lot more votes. Im really glad that some people have voted for To Bid You Farewell like me. All the people i ask this question to never really say it in their plethera of songs they say. Its probably my fav Opeth songs. Means so much to me. Glafd theres a lot of people are voting pretty diversly because these are all really great songs!//

I also voted for "To Bid You Farewell"
What can I say?... it's a beautiful and melacholic piece of art... I really like it. And the lyrics means a lot for me.
----
Rod, let me love you.
14.06.2008 - 09:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
This is such a hard choice, as always with opeth.

But I have to go with "To Bid you farewell". Its just a wonderful song. And everytime I listen to it I get the same feeling, now thats connecting on a deep level.

I obviously had to exclude Coil because I haven't listened to the new album yet.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.06.2008 - 13:17
Hamird
Lieutenant
Coil is nice, even more than In my time of need... thats dark/slow and another nice song done by Opeth..
Does anyone know that woman sings in the song??? she sings nice too...
14.06.2008 - 14:09
Nox Lux
codebreaker
Nathalie Lorichs. There's a sample of a song called Down Below on that website as well.

"Nathalie Lorichs is a new face on the scene. Living in Stockholm together with Opeth-drummer Martin Axenrot. The two of them are currently in the process of writing and recording their own music. They are about to enter the studios soon."

Check out a video of her playing an acoustic cover. One more on YouTube.

The day everyone starts using a Google taskbar is the day metalstorm becomes seriously good.

----

~ Nox Lux
14.06.2008 - 16:15
selken
Irreligious
None of those, my Fav Opeth's clean song is Ending Credits xD
----
14.06.2008 - 18:26
FOOCK Nam
I love the lyric of Hours Of Wealth, but the best guitar I like is in Benighted.
14.06.2008 - 21:02
Golden Wing
My choice was easy - The Harvest. I've always loved this song most of all... I don't know why - just love
Wish I could hear Coil from new album, but I still haven't bought it or stolen from Internet.
14.06.2008 - 23:35
Varegan
Hamranakara
Coil is so nice in my opinion... maybe because its a new song, but my current favor Opeth song is Coil, very nice acoustic guitar sound and nice female vocals, lyrics are so affective too.
but its so short wish it was as long as Harvest, then it could be their best slowish acoustic song.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
15.06.2008 - 00:42
OneWithMisery
Hope Leaves, but since it's not in the poll, I'll go with To Bid You Farewell.
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
29.06.2008 - 23:37
Demorgiis
Account deleted
to bid you farewell.... but there all great
30.06.2008 - 05:09
Evican
Ann O'War
I voted for "In My Time Of Need". I very much love "Windowpane" as well, but not quite as much.
30.06.2008 - 22:55
Freezer
I go with Harvest, I really like it, but I'd say they're very good at playing this kind of music
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever