Metal Storm logo
Cobalt

Original post

Posted by spirit_inblack, 08.06.2008 - 21:11
Just though I'd make a topic about this kick ass band. The only thing I've heard from them is the latest album, "Eater of Birds" and I must say, it is really awesome. I don't accurately know how to descibe the style of music that these guys play but perhaps their first album, titled "War Metal" could provide some explanation. I guess you could call them blackthrash/war metal.

Anyways, the band is made up of two members, Phil McSorley and Erik Wunder and have released two albums so far. The newest album, "Eater of Birds" features additional vocals by Jarboe and was released through the awesome Profound Lore Records. Overall, the album is a very ritualistic experience and it is also one of my favorite albums of 2007.

Very highly recommended band.
14.10.2013 - 15:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 14.10.2013 at 15:36

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.10.2013 at 13:07

Why do some people in here keep on calling Cobalt's latest album 'Man's Gin' when in fact it is just called 'Gin'? Btw there are samples of Jarboe on that album as well.

Man's Gin is an apocalyptic folk rock side project by one of the Cobalt members. Certainly not part of Cobalt's discog.

aha thanks for clarrifying. I thought the poster was referring to the Gin album and also found it strange he said the artwork was very Swans like
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996