Metal Storm logo
Alcohol

Original post

Posted by , 08.06.2008 - 23:46
This is the new alcohol thread...discuss your favorite alcohol beverages...
22.10.2020 - 10:56
edenjames666

My favorite one is polish vodka potato. I tasted a lot of vodkas but this one is the best so far. This beverage can be served over ice with a slice of lemon, or in a wide variety of cocktails as it's quite soft.
23.02.2021 - 23:58
Nyarlatothep

Before Christmas I purchased me one of the best cognac's Iv tasted to this date Normandin Mercier destillled 1979, 43,7%. An absolutely fantastic cognac, oily, fruity and nutty! You can just sit and enjoy the smell all evening!
----
"To defend one's life and the safety of one's fatherland is the prize and excellence of this discipline"
30.08.2021 - 08:40
no one

Lately I've been enjoying hazy IPA from good craft breweries. I like buying a 6 pack and putting weed oil in about the 3rd one.
----
Unable to connect to the database
30.08.2021 - 16:44
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Well, it turns out my new favorite beer is actually Brazilian.

Close to home there is this pub called 100beer that has literally a hundred different kinds of beer from all over the world to choose from. And needless to say it's my new favorite place to drink.
There I learned about these Catarina Sour. These are fruit flavored traditional german beer from a German colony in the south of Brazil.

It's a very smooth beer with just the right amount of fruit flavor and it's the best.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
30.08.2021 - 17:35
Redel

Written by Karlabos on 30.08.2021 at 16:44

It's a very smooth beer with just the right amount of fruit flavor and it's the best.

Sorry for saying it but that sounds awful.
30.08.2021 - 20:15
Redel

Written by Redel on 30.08.2021 at 17:35

Written by Karlabos on 30.08.2021 at 16:44

Sorry for saying it but that sounds awful.

Well, to be fair, I should not just come by trolling and leave again, I know.
I have just acquired a pretty particular taste with beer over all the years and at the same time become quite intolerant with respect to all other beer outside my taste.
I only like beer that tastes, say, sort of bitter or sharp, so definitely not smooth, not sweet, not flavoured.
You can find such taste in beer from Northern areas of Germany (Jever, which is definitely my favourite beer, Flensburger, Bitburger are also fine). I also like Guiness quite a lot.
But honestly, I pretty much dislike any other beer I have ever tasted.
I am thus frequently an issue when we go out with friends to drink beer. Because it is me again who starts trolling about the beer, no matter which place we go.
30.08.2021 - 22:15
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
It doesn't taste sweet though. Well, at least not the bergamota (tangerine) one, which is the one I experimented. It's like... You basically taste regular beer and then the tangerine citric taste can only be felt on your tastebud after you gulp it, it's kinda weird.

Well, I'm a sucker for different things tho, but I can see why some ppl would find this atrocious
----
- Reimu Hakurei
30.08.2021 - 23:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
To me its not about countries but its about style of beer. Weizen bock, hefe weizen, dunkel weizen, bock, black ipa, double ipa, trippel ipa, scotish ale, burly wine, Imperial Stout, portel, quadruple..... So to me beer is like that, I don't drink mainstream Swedish beer, no lager or pilsner
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.09.2021 - 22:50
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

Another one I had at 100beer: Morada Gasoline Sour

Woah... I never expected a beer to taste like that.
In the description it says it's just a red aged in a fancy scotch barrel. Probably true, but the description doesn't do it justice. This is far different than your average red ale.
It tastes like... Acid. Or gasoline? I dunno... It's in the name. It's sweet and sour, strong and weak all at the same time. The skin on your face frowns all the way after each sip. Is this the taste of death? Good stuff.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
16.09.2021 - 09:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sepultura's Andreas Kisser Gives Up Drinking - 'I Was a Slave to Alcohol'

https://www.dailyadvent.com/news/b9f386aaddf1a46d6e4e8cbc2d0c870a-Sepulturas-Andreas-Kisser-Gives-Up-Drinking--I-Was-a-Slave-to-Alcohol

Interesting point, somehow I agree whit it as young, 3 things was important and all should be free a lot of meat food, sex and booze
Like early 20's I drunk to be drunk, stoned it was cool , I actually was sober 6 months then about beer n whisky It was more about taste not get drunk but then again I drunk a lot. I needed booze to go out of home. Inside online on old MS old internet I did not need anything. Then you get 2okg of weight and sweat all the time. Then moved, and sincve you're poor and alco costs I stopped, I did exercise (lazy version) lost 10kg but cant get rid of 10 and be same as teenager, so slim.
Later thanks to Doom metal expert in MS R.I.P. marcel(like I told whit out him I might find good doom bands later, but I never be in craft beer) .
Now I drink craft beer for taste not get drunk, if I go out I take sprite, fanta, and so on, only Bishops Arms craft beer pub, otherwise no, I dont need it, I feel fine. You can drive car, snowmobile (yes we have Skoter polis here ) do something. 3 years whit out strong booze, then in summer I drunk whisky n brendy. Sleep out it was OK. Now well if I work at sunday I come home take weizen bock, dunkel weizen drunk and go sleep. Sometimes I take beer at 1700 go to sleep. I drink to sleep otherwise craft beer, but outside no no no, I can sty whit out

But the again Steel Panther member once stopped having sex because he was tired of it , nja
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2021 - 13:17
Ernis
狼獾
I'm really fortunate to have the nearby bottle shop stock some lovely armagnac and it's even better since they were delivering for free during our lengthy lockdown. I've always loved cognac and brandies in general but the issue is that cognacs tend to be pricey and the selection in my area isn't that great and going for a brandy, especially a cheaper one, can be a hit or miss - Chamart for instance is something I wouldn't recommend - wouldn't buy again and whatever I have left will be used for cakes and bakes.
22.09.2021 - 14:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 22.09.2021 at 13:17

I'm really fortunate to have the nearby bottle shop stock some lovely armagnac and it's even better since they were delivering for free during our lengthy lockdown. I've always loved cognac and brandies in general but the issue is that cognacs tend to be pricey and the selection in my area isn't that great and going for a brandy, especially a cheaper one, can be a hit or miss - Chamart for instance is something I wouldn't recommend - wouldn't buy again and whatever I have left will be used for cakes and bakes.

Where do you live now?
----

apos;'
[image]
05.06.2022 - 20:30
Drippy.Hippie

I haven't consumed any Hard Liquor since June of 2019. Just Beer, Wine and Hard Cider for me.

I was at an annual Regatta in Long Island, Bahamas...I took that shit too far The hangover was legendary, I didn't even get out of bed until 3PM the next day.
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
07.06.2022 - 03:21
no one

Written by Drippy.Hippie on 05.06.2022 at 20:30

I haven't consumed any Hard Liquor since June of 2019. Just Beer, Wine and Hard Cider for me.

I was at an annual Regatta in Long Island, Bahamas...I took that shit too far The hangover was legendary, I didn't even get out of bed until 3PM the next day.

Cute
----
Unable to connect to the database
13.06.2022 - 01:24
Drippy.Hippie

Written by no one on 07.06.2022 at 03:21

Written by Drippy.Hippie on 05.06.2022 at 20:30

Cute

fuck you dude
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.