Metal Storm logo
Exodus

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 17.05.2006 - 05:55
Have to have an official thread for these guys.I believe I speak on behalf of most metalheads when I say you must have Bonded By Blood in your collection.Paul Baloff(R.I.P) has such great screeching vocals it sucks he was only on one album.Who is your fav. vocalist form Exodus?Was Paul,Steve or the new guy Rob.
03.03.2014 - 07:37
Terrifyer

Dukes is perfect for the direction Exodus is going. Pissed off, aggressive metal at its finest.
04.03.2014 - 00:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
The problem with current Exodus isn't Dukes it's the immensely boring song writing, songs that go on for hours without the ideas to actually carry them. Nope last good Exodus album was Tempo Of The Damned. But then again Exodus have Always been a band who'd release one or two good albums and then follow them up with some ify ones and bad ones. Their first two were great and good but the thrid was already all over the place and the fourth, well let's not mention that one. The returned to form with Tempo Of The Damned but lost it again after that.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.04.2014 - 13:18
raveneffect

I actually dig everything Exodus has done until Tempo of the Damned. The exchange of vocalists kind of ruined the whole thing for me, since I already was used to Zetro's voice. But I aplaud what they're doing, they're trying to change their whole sound and not riding this new Train of New Wave Of Thrash Metal (that's just pretty much Old School Thrash/Crossover).

Shovel Headed was a big letdown for me and both Exibits were just "meh". The worst of all was probably Let There Be Blood. It was a poor attempt to make the fans "accept" Rob Dukes. I was kind of slowly letting my guard down and breaking the denial chains and accepting him, finally, as the current vocalist of Exodus, but that just ruined it. I hated that record, they had no Right to touch what should be untouchable (I mean, they DO have the right....but you get the picture).

Exodus ended with Tempo of The Damned, I won't buy any more of their records unless something really good comes out, But i'll still go to their shows and bear their T-Shirts, since Bonded By Blood is the best Thrash Album of all time (its just a matter of opinion ofc).
29.06.2014 - 10:00
Totenlieder

I just bought their Pleasures of the Flesh album on vinyl, with the original banned artwork, good album. You can find good stuff at your local music store . I recently saw Exodus live with Suicidal Tendencies and Slayer. Very good show. First time seeing Exodus, they were good.
----
Blut & Krieg
29.06.2014 - 15:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Totenlieder on 29.06.2014 at 10:00

I just bought their Pleasures of the Flesh album on vinyl, with the original banned artwork, good album.

If you mean the orignally proposed artwork of the band as cannibals preparing and eating their meal, that was never used or even banned and if you have a vinyl with that artwork it is a bootleg.
The only artwork that was ever banned in some countries is the Bonded By Blood artwork.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2014 - 17:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Marcel is right. The artwork with the band as cannibals was originally going to be the cover, but at the last minute, the record company decided to make a different cover, which is the the photo of the band in the bar with the skulls. Perhaps the record company were worried about the artwork being banned in some countries, which is why they decided not to use it. But it wasn't actually banned, because it was never used.
29.06.2014 - 21:30
Totenlieder

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.06.2014 at 15:38

Written by Totenlieder on 29.06.2014 at 10:00

I just bought their Pleasures of the Flesh album on vinyl, with the original banned artwork, good album.

If you mean the orignally proposed artwork of the band as cannibals preparing and eating their meal, that was never used or even banned and if you have a vinyl with that artwork it is a bootleg.
The only artwork that was ever banned in some countries is the Bonded By Blood artwork.

This is what I got:

----
Blut & Krieg
29.06.2014 - 21:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
According to Discogs and Metal-Archives it checks out. There are even signed copies of that version floating around on collector sites.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.06.2014 - 21:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
But the artwork was never banned. It was just never used. There's aan difference there. And btw what is the record company's name that released that picture disc?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2014 - 22:12
Totenlieder

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.06.2014 at 21:57

But the artwork was never banned. It was just never used. There's aan difference there. And btw what is the record company's name that released that picture disc?

Combat
----
Blut & Krieg
29.06.2014 - 22:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
An old American label called Combat Records, apparently a sub-label of Sony Music. They changed to Koch Records and now are known as Entertainment One.

(This is all new information to me I'm just regurgitating what I found on Google.)
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.06.2014 - 22:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
If Combat release it it is an official release. Btw Combat was an independent label at the time Exodus was signed to them. They primarily had thrash bands as part of their roster at the time.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.06.2014 - 19:08
raveneffect

Exploited, Death, Possessed, Dark Angel, Bathory, Agent Steel, Heathen, Forbidden, Nuclear Assault, Venom and (probably a whole lot more but these are the some of the ones I remember) all released records in Combat, it was one of the biggest Thrash Labels of the 80's.
26.07.2014 - 18:27
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.06.2014 at 22:29

If Combat release it it is an official release. Btw Combat was an independent label at the time Exodus was signed to them. They primarily had thrash bands as part of their roster at the time.

and hard core punk as well. i think i had a couple G.B.H. tapes from Combat back in the day.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.12.2014 - 20:48
Infernal Eternal

Paul > Steve > Rob. I've always thought Paul's vocals suit the music. Zetro is great, too. I don't really like the newcomer but that doesn't mean he isn't good enough for Exodus. Bonded By Blood >>>>>>>>> Toxic Waltz!
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
11.01.2015 - 23:10
Nucky

Just listening their last album "Blood In, Blood Out".. It sounds like a kick ass album.. Defently on TOP 10 list of best metal albums in 2014..
18.04.2015 - 03:58
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Nucky on 11.01.2015 at 23:10

Just listening their last album "Blood In, Blood Out".. It sounds like a kick ass album.. Defently on TOP 10 list of best metal albums in 2014..

It was a pretty kickass album, I mean nothing that compares to older material but still very decent work.
Also a lot of people dissing the vocals on the album, for my part I like them and I'm glad to see that Zetro's back with the formation.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
25.12.2018 - 00:47
UPDIRNS

I loved Dukes. IMO he was by FAR the best vocalist and front man the band has ever had. They became progressive thrash at its finest. Shovel Headed Kill Machine and Exhibit A and B are exceptional albums IMO. If you don't like progressive thrash you won't like most of it. I don't like super high pitched vocals. I don't like Souza at all. I've seen them live with Dukes and they absolutely hammer, the pits were more intense too than with Souza backing the band. The build up is awesome. It's like music foreplay and I love getting my dick sucked. Funeral Hymn is my favorite Exodus song.
22.02.2022 - 18:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Acording to blabbermouth Former EXODUS guitarist Rick Hunolt has launched a new band called DIE HUMANE

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-exodus-guitarist-rick-hunolt-launches-new-band-die-humane/
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing