Metal Storm logo
Download Festival - To Attempt World Record

The Download Festival to take place in the spiritual home of rock Castle Donington that is set to kick off this Friday, is about to attempt the world record for "the Most People Made Up As KISS".

The message on the festival website reads:

"We have joined forces with FACE, the official body of face-painters who are providing at least of 20 professional face-painters in order to achieve our goal! - We hope to be able to set a record for over 400 faces painted within 3 hours.

Face painting by our accredited painters is FREE, please don't do your own make up - remember - in order to break the record, we can only accept faces painted by FACE members. Expert face paint makers, Mehron, are very kindly sponsoring the attempt by providing all the necessary paint...

The attempt will take place on Friday 13 June with face painting starting at 13:00 and finishing at 16:00. - The face painters stations will be based in and on the edge of 'Kidney Wood' which is the kidney shaped green area close to the day ticket entrance in the Main Arena.

The stations will be split into four sections concentrating on each of the faces - The Demon, Star Child, The Cat and The Spaceman.

Once you've had your face painted, you'll given details of where to congregate to be part of our mass KISS award-winning photograph!"

KISS are set to headline the first day of the festival, and also original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley is set to play the second day with his solo band.

Source: downloadfestival.co.uk
Event: Download Festival 2008
Posted: 10.06.2008 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 227 users
10.06.2008 - 03:32
Baz Anderson

Ha, this sounds like great fun. If the queue isn't so bad I may get done too - but who to be???
10.06.2008 - 04:51
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
hahaha this sounds awesome. best of luck.
Written by Baz Anderson on 10.06.2008 at 03:32

Ha, this sounds like great fun. If the queue isn't so bad I may get done too - but who to be???

and baz i think you should go for the space ace. ace frehley IST KRIEG.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.06.2008 - 05:04
Piro

Heh, sounds like fun lol.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
10.06.2008 - 12:04
Stalker
Lone wanderer
HEheh, nice Well, at least you know you wont havfe to wit more than 3 hours
----
10.06.2008 - 13:09
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
haha nice sounds awesome
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
10.06.2008 - 14:07
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
i'm going, i'm going! haha weeeeeeeeee see, now THIS is MY kind of festival
10.06.2008 - 14:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
400 is kinda few imo but it sounds great lol.

i'd be Simmons, he has the most brutal facepaint
11.06.2008 - 08:01
AMonitorDarkly

KISS is too obvious, they should've done Immortal instead.
11.06.2008 - 11:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 10.06.2008 at 14:47

400 is kinda few imo but it sounds great lol.

i'd be Simmons, he has the most brutal facepaint

Yes, it is. I have the three Kiss dvd boxes and looking at shots of the crowds there at their gigs there area couple of thousand with painted faces usually.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.06.2008 - 16:48
Stigma
Account deleted
Sounds cool, I'd be Spaceman or Starchild. If I was there, that is...
21.05.2009 - 13:04
kaoskrew

I had mine painted at the Reading beer festival this year and must upload it and well worth 1.5 hour wait.
----
John
Kaos Krew Promotions
"Metal Music Facilitators"
Sponsors of Black Winter Day http://www.blackwinterday.co.uk

Hits total: 3249 | This month: 2