Metal Storm logo
Technical Thrash Metal

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 13.06.2008 - 20:33
Coroner - Awsome Swizerland band, realy great , interesting whit great lyrics and music are awsome, techical

Watchtower - I know this band thank's to one MS memmber Thank;s Markku

Anacrusis - I dont belive that you dont know this band, its USA legfenmds, realy good band and interesting , fats and full whit energy

Midas Touch - Good band from Upssala who has only one cD and its awsome, and great one of techical bands in this planet

Believer - Once in some tread Marcel intruduce me whit this band and nwo I like it, also its christian band

Crownear - band from Russia, my friend has tape from band but its old and its long time since I hear it, but in taht time it was awsome

Other: I know one band was in czceh and one in Hungery but I dont remeber names and never hear about others bands in genre

Poll

Best Band Are?

Coroner
Other
Anacrusis
Watchtower
Midas Touch
Believer
Crownear

Total votes: 48
23.02.2009 - 12:32
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by munson on 20.02.2009 at 05:50
I'm not sure if they quite fit into this genre or not, but my vote is for Arsis. Check out their song "Servants to the Night" as a good example.
Hardly anything thrash about it. Typical tech/melo death. Check the drums. (And the vocals...)
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
24.02.2009 - 02:49
Galar
Wicked Mung
Coroner gets my vote. These guys are so technical it makes my brain bleed. Quality Tech/thrash.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
15.03.2009 - 00:28
Metal_Militia
Coroner in my opinion is one of the most unappreciated metal bands that didnt get noticed during there prime like i thought they should have. I mean yeah there are a lot of people who like them here but this place knows real metal. I just think they need more recognition because they are one of the most talented bands ive ever heard. And they were a 3 piece!
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

16.03.2009 - 20:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Metal_Militia on 15.03.2009 at 00:28

Coroner in my opinion is one of the most unappreciated metal bands that didnt get noticed during there prime like i thought they should have.

They did get a lot of appreciation during their prime and were surely noticed back then. They got a lot more recognition and appreciation back then than they do know. But Coroner were back then more a band liked more by reviewers and feloow bands then by casual fans.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.03.2009 - 00:25
Metal_Militia
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.03.2009 at 20:42

Coroner in my opinion is one of the most unappreciated metal bands that didnt get noticed during there prime like i thought they should have.

They did get a lot of appreciation during their prime and were surely noticed back then. They got a lot more recognition and appreciation back then than they do know. But Coroner were back then more a band liked more by reviewers and feloow bands then by casual fans.

They should have got more than they got.... is that better?
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

17.03.2009 - 00:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Metal_Militia on 17.03.2009 at 00:25

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.03.2009 at 20:42

They should have got more than they got.... is that better?

Yes,
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.03.2009 - 18:40
HugeTheConqeror
Heathen is my favorite Technical Thrash band, so I went with "Other." "Victims Of Deception" was absolute fantastic, though the production was a bit muddy.

Of the bands listed, though, I would go with Anacrusis.
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.
18.03.2009 - 15:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by HugeTheConqeror on 17.03.2009 at 18:40

Heathen is my favorite Technical Thrash band, so I went with "Other." "Victims Of Deception" was absolute fantastic, though the production was a bit muddy.

Of the bands listed, though, I would go with Anacrusis.

Mmm, I never really considered Heathen to be a technical thrash band. Okay Vicitims has its technical moments but imo not enough to deem them to be a teechnical thrash band
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.04.2009 - 17:23
Tod_Engel
I haven't read the whole topic, but has anybody mentioned Artillery? I suppose their album "By Inheritance" falls to the category 'technical thrash metal' and is quite mind-blowing - technical, yet so catchy music with good guitar riffs and solos.

Edit: actually there exists a search button for this kind of information. Sorry about pointless first sentence.
14.07.2009 - 19:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ukraian band Adem has Tec elements into muisc , realy good interesting band, I just got 8 songs, its awesome and band has vib of doom page to
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.07.2009 - 21:30
thesabbathfan
SADUS, is my favourite tech thrash band.

Steve Digiorgio can shred that fretless bass like a beast
----
23.11.2012 - 11:25
LichBorne
DECAPITATED!
23.11.2012 - 13:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by LichBorne on 23.11.2012 at 11:25

DECAPITATED!

not thrash
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.11.2012 - 12:12
LichBorne
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.11.2012 at 13:59

Written by LichBorne on 23.11.2012 at 11:25

DECAPITATED!

not thrash

hahaha... oh shit. I made a mistake xD
I'm sorry, I thought this is a techinical death metal topic. sorry again
27.11.2012 - 20:42
DayFly
Not sure if they apply, but when I still cared about labels I considered Seventh Angel and Sabbat progressive, which is somewhat interchangeable with technical.

Out of the listed bands, I'd pick either Anacrusis or Coroner.
29.11.2012 - 00:00
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by DayFly on 27.11.2012 at 20:42

Not sure if they apply, but when I still cared about labels I considered Seventh Angel and Sabbat progressive, which is somewhat interchangeable with technical.

Out of the listed bands, I'd pick either Anacrusis or Coroner.

Both picks are definitely the best picks you could have made out of this list lol
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here