Metal Storm logo
Holy Blood

14.06.2008 - 23:16
Ernis
狼獾
So...Holy Blood's a Ukrainian band that combines viking style black metal with Celto-Slavonic bagpipes and folk melodies and adds Christian themes to the lyrics as well....yes, historically correct...vikings did recognize this religion...
Anyhow, I've personally been listening to their music for some years now and find them very good...their lyrics in Russian are grand and the overall composition and atmosphere is well-done and well-performed....

Therefore, who already has an opinion bout them, come here to discuss, those who don't have the knowledge yet, just visit the group on myspace.... http://www.myspace.com/holybloodband
14.06.2008 - 23:31
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Didnt hear much, but it sounds interesting, as most of folk heheh, hmm i didnt check out the lyrics but now I will.. Hope Ill return to this thread with little more knowledge...
----
14.06.2008 - 23:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good band, christian band in ukraian langauge, I know some songs, quate good and awsome, you shood try it and when last time I wissit home page there was video lead singer explains how he start metalheda life, becaime satanist and then find God, but its in russian sorry
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.06.2008 - 00:12
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Bad English on 14.06.2008 at 23:57

Good band, christian band in ukraian langauge

Russian as far as I've heard their lyrics......I don't understand Ukrainian....
15.06.2008 - 00:31
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
I have heard of these guys but never had a chance to actually hear any of their music. What albums would you all recommend?
----
(space for rent)
15.06.2008 - 00:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 15.06.2008 at 00:12

Written by Bad English on 14.06.2008 at 23:57

Good band, christian band in ukraian langauge

Russian as far as I've heard their lyrics......I don't understand Ukrainian....

ukraian is simmilar to Russian, I had hear it when I watched Ukr TV
----

apos;'
[image]
15.06.2008 - 00:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dane Train on 15.06.2008 at 00:31

I have heard of these guys but never had a chance to actually hear any of their music. What albums would you all recommend?

If I remeber corect there was 4/6 songs in band home page and some prom vids too try them
----

apos;'
[image]
15.06.2008 - 01:18
Ernis
狼獾
Ukrainian may be similar to Russian such as Finnish and Hungarian and Votian and Mari and Samegiella are to Estonian but you cannot mess'em up dear K7.....

the fact that the Ukrainian word вважать(the verb count) looks like уважать(the verb respect) in Russian doesn't mean they mean the same thing....
the fact that hallitus(government) in Finnish looks like Estonian word hallitus(mould) doesn't mean they can be mixed up...

K7....the fact you've heard a language on television doesn't make you an expert of it.....Ukrainian cannot be mistaken for Russian....
They are not the same language.....even tho they're related....
Me as a French speaker I am not able to speak Italian.....I don't have the talent of mastering a language by knowing the alcohol brands or watching football matches....

Sorry for the offtopic!
15.06.2008 - 01:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 15.06.2008 at 01:18

Ukrainian may be similar to Russian such as Finnish and Hungarian and Votian and Mari and Samegiella are to Estonian but you cannot mess'em up dear K7.....

the fact that the Ukrainian word вважать(the verb count) looks like уважать(the verb respect) in Russian doesn't mean they mean the same thing....
the fact that hallitus(government) in Finnish looks like Estonian word hallitus(mould) doesn't mean they can be mixed up...

K7....the fact you've heard a language on television doesn't make you an expert of it.....Ukrainian cannot be mistaken for Russian....
They are not the same language.....even tho they're related....
Me as a French speaker I am not able to speak Italian.....I don't have the talent of mastering a language by knowing the alcohol brands or watching football matches....

Sorry for the offtopic!

But It is simmilar Odin = one and so one and here lives ukraian family thay speek into it and I get maybe 10% less from what I get into rssuian
----

apos;'
[image]
15.06.2008 - 15:25
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Bad English on 15.06.2008 at 01:34

But It is simmilar Odin = one and so one and here lives ukraian family thay speek into it and I get maybe 10% less from what I get into rssuian

Hungarian word között = Estonian word keset = in the middle..... And I get 100% less from what I get into Estonian....

Oh well...But It IS SIMMMMMMILAR.....
But as I said....my linguistic aptitude is clearly way too low compared to your high abilities....So I hope you won't bring out any arguments again....
16.06.2008 - 21:44
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
If it's of any importance, but they sing in Russian; I just checked their lyrics.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
23.06.2008 - 10:27
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
If it would be ukrainian I would prpbably have understood the lyrics (joking) Got their album "Waves are Dancing" liked it, though I'm not a big fan of folk music and folk metal in particular. In this band it feels more like a interval to me, the rest is more BM alike. Great screams. Only a bit strange, english titles with russian lyrics. It is not a miracle that I get confused, isn't it?
23.06.2008 - 18:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 23.06.2008 at 10:27

If it would be ukrainian I would prpbably have understood the lyrics (joking) Got their album "Waves are Dancing" liked it, though I'm not a big fan of folk music and folk metal in particular. In this band it feels more like a interval to me, the rest is more BM alike. Great screams. Only a bit strange, english titles with russian lyrics. It is not a miracle that I get confused, isn't it?

try find translation, if you give me lattin lyric text I can try translate(hope Froddo wont quote me when I will translate )
----

apos;'
[image]
24.06.2008 - 09:44
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 23.06.2008 at 18:14

Written by Guest on 23.06.2008 at 10:27

try find translation, if you give me lattin lyric text I can try translate(hope Froddo wont quote me when I will translate )

They have an english translation of the lyrics on their website. But that doesn't really help me scream along. http://www.holyblood.metal-forever.com/HolyBlood/holyblooden.html
22.10.2010 - 01:16
Mozart

A new band of former members of Holy Blood

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=25870