Metal Storm logo
Star Wars

Original post

Posted by Darth Satanious, 17.05.2006 - 06:10

How many of you enjoy these movies as much as I do? I have to say that I am a fan of these movies to such extent as to have action figures hanging in my bedroom's walls, buying the first three movies in original DVDs (the next three are coming soon), having the "Clone Wars" episodes in VHS, memorizing lines of the movies and owning some comic books from the new episodes.

I went to watch the second movie, which is the fifth, in the theaters with my sister's ex husband and that is when I got hooked by the series. Before that, I never had a curiosity for the movies and now that I look back I don't know why I didn't get into them earlier.

Then the episode three, Revenge of the Sith came in. I have been waiting ages for this movie and, when the chance came, I went to see it at the theaters in that same day it released at 12:00 AM (in spite that I had a test for my University at 7:00 AM that same day). It was such a grim experience to watch that movie along with so many fans of the series. They were all dressed as Darth Vader or as Jedi Knights and when things that had an impact to the fans, as the first breath of Darth Vader, we would be screaming until death of the emotion. Damn, they should present all the movies at the theaters again!

Some people think that the newest movies, the episodes for the first to the third movie, are a disgrace for the older movie but I have to disagree. In my opinion these movies are as good as the old ones and they still maintain that old Star Wars feeling in them. We all love Jar Jar Binks, don't we?

Join me all of you my apprentices and padawans!

Anyway, that is just me and a few million others that love all the movies. Just tell us what you think about the movies.

All hail George Lucas! :[
22.12.2015 - 19:44
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by M C Vice on 22.12.2015 at 11:16
Oh, did you spot Daniel Craig in the film? I didn't.

Found out after I saw the film, that the Bond was in it. Did you spot Ewan McGegor's voice? I didn't.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
23.12.2015 - 05:24
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by AnGina-- on 22.12.2015 at 19:44

Written by M C Vice on 22.12.2015 at 11:16
Oh, did you spot Daniel Craig in the film? I didn't.

Found out after I saw the film, that the Bond was in it. Did you spot Ewan McGegor's voice? I didn't.

Nope. Don't remember seeing Obi-wan and Yoda in that scene, either.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
24.12.2015 - 11:17
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Apparently a new Star Wars game gives away a spoiler you're not supposed to find out untill the next film.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
26.12.2015 - 03:47
Vombatus
Potorro
So, I just saw the new thing. Must say I'm not a huge fan of SW, though I can enjoy the movies.
This one was entertaining but not much more. Seems they came up with the story in 2 minutes (the whole plot and character details seemed very underdeveloped... but that isn't SW's strongest point anyway) and Kylo Ren did nothing to me. He looked cool and all during the first few minutes but after I was just hoping he died

Verdict: Meh.

Written by M C Vice on 24.12.2015 at 11:17

Apparently a new Star Wars game gives away a spoiler you're not supposed to find out untill the next film.

I read that the spoiler was misquoted, so maybe not true though I see a possibility. If finally not, something along the lines will be for sure. It's too obvious!
30.03.2016 - 18:18
@gent_-_orange

Well the new star wars isn't perfect, but I think most will agree is still better than all three of the prequels, which range from average to complete shit, TFA is pretty good IMO, but I cant put it on the same level as the originals.
05.04.2016 - 23:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by @gent_-_orange on 30.03.2016 at 18:18

Well the new star wars isn't perfect, but I think most will agree is still better than all three of the prequels, which range from average to complete shit, TFA is pretty good IMO, but I cant put it on the same level as the originals.

pretty accurate considering TFA is nearly NW beat for beat.

enjoyed it more than the prequels, actually liked some of the characters, just wish they could move away from fucking death stars... 3 of 4 flicks now.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.04.2016 - 23:45
@gent_-_orange

Written by BitterCOld on 05.04.2016 at 23:13

Written by @gent_-_orange on 30.03.2016 at 18:18

pretty accurate considering TFA is nearly NW beat for beat.

enjoyed it more than the prequels, actually liked some of the characters, just wish they could move away from fucking death stars... 3 of 4 flicks now.

I guess they probably don't know how to raise the stakes above something that can destroy planets. Maybe they should have focused on a smaller scale plot rather than something on the scale of the original trilogy, I don't know what that would be though, regardless it was enjoyable enough, and the littlle kid in me was smiling as I watched it at the movies.