Metal Storm logo
Mudvayne

23.06.2006 - 06:27
SepulchralOath
Account deleted
Does anyone else here actually enjoy this band? They're often lumped into that "Nu Metal" genre without any thought, but I think they're some of their material is something quite out of the ordinary. Their first album (technically second) album, L.D. 50, was incredible, laced with funky bass lines and odd tempo changes, and is still one of my favorites. However, i found the follow-up, The End of All Things to Come, a lot less interesting and hence i didnt like it too much. I didn't even give their latest album, Lost and Found, a try...from what I'd heard off of it, they'd just become a lame straightforward commercial rock band. Any thoughts?
23.06.2006 - 08:09
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I've always loved Mudvayne. Their bassist [Ryan Martinie] has been one of my favirotes, and quite inspirtational to me, one of the reasons I chose to buy a 5-string bass as my first one. They're all very talented musicians and write amazingly. Death Blooms, Dig, Happy, and Not Falling are my favirote songs by them. I hear they put on an amazing show.
23.06.2006 - 21:04
Sulfur91
Account deleted
I like them.. I saw them not long ago.. They do put on an amazing show.
I only have one of their albums though. The Lost and Found one. I heard IMN in my dream last night.
23.06.2006 - 22:24
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
This seems like an interesting band, I don't know almost any stuff of them, just 3 songs or something like that , the only one I remember is Not falling and 1 or 2 videos, one of the best bands of Nu Metal
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
24.06.2006 - 02:19
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
i do the same topic in the older forum... I LOVE MUDVAYNE.. GREAT GREAT BAND..
26.06.2006 - 16:53
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I like the new stuff for a different reason- style. They seemed to of shifted not so much genre, as playing style; every musician is using a different technique. I read an interview with Ryan Martinie, and he said on this last album he tried to avoid slapping as much as possible. And you can also hear the difference in Greg Tribett's guitar playing as well- layered, less power-chords/crunch, slightly more flowing and higher up on the neck.
30.06.2006 - 02:08
nick35
Account deleted
mudvayne another one of the few nu metal abnds that i will listen too. I almost have too like them they started in atown about 45 miles from my house
10.07.2006 - 13:16
Throne of Rats
I cant say im a die hard Mudvayne fan but I loved their new release Lost and Found but I was later told by one of my frieds that LAF is considered a sellout album. What do u guys reckon??
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
08.08.2006 - 01:25
abyss
Account deleted
Mudvayne rocks .Because of Mudvayne-Determined i started listening to rock and Mudvyne is one of the best bans aroun!!!
10.08.2006 - 00:41
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm really glad they decided to get rid of their 'ecentric visuals' and actually take things seriously...like many people, I couldn't stand them when they first came out in music video form (think Dig)...

I saw them at the summer sanitarium back in the summer of 2003...they were horrible...well, for one thing they didn't have the make-up anymore and they were kinda sloppy looking and played sloppily...people were throwing things at them while they were onstage...
13.08.2006 - 05:07
Chazy Metal
Account deleted
Mudvayne is verry super good, Dig is the best song. Chad have a big power in show and the another guy in band. This energy is so beautifull.
16.08.2006 - 07:12
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I only listen to the tr00 Mayhem Mudvayne so their first album is the only one I like very much. I don't even know if this is correct but I always saw the guitarist (I can't even remember his name) as playing rhythm guitars while the bass player played lead bass. lol I liked the first album because, even when the guitars weren't that great, there was a lot of good musicianship displayed by the bass player, the drummer and, of course, the great vocals of Chad (?). After that album, the bass wasn't present that much and only the vocalist and the drummer kept shinning.
----
Christless
17.08.2006 - 06:09
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I have only seen the videos and I've liked them a lot, actually I downloaded "Not falling" video. I liked them a lot, but is not a band I would buy on Cd, I'll download them pretty soon.

EDIT: I swa the video of "Happy?" yesterday in youTube and I liked it a lot. It a great video. But as I said, They're not band I would buy, so I'll download.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
29.08.2006 - 21:54
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
MUDVAYNE fuckin' rocks! Its my fav band actually ^^
Now to answer some comments I saw up there:

Written by Throne of Rats on 10.07.2006 at 13:16

I cant say im a die hard Mudvayne fan but I loved their new release Lost and Found but I was later told by one of my frieds that LAF is considered a sellout album. What do u guys reckon??

Not sellout! Mudvyane is everything but sellout :\ Maybe in a couple of years when they became tired like Roling Stones or a shit like that.. But not now! "Lost and Found" is another great album, although my fav be L.D. 50.

Written by Guest on 10.08.2006 at 00:41

I'm really glad they decided to get rid of their 'ecentric visuals' and actually take things seriously...like many people, I couldn't stand them when they first came out in music video form (think Dig)...

I saw them at the summer sanitarium back in the summer of 2003...they were horrible...well, for one thing they didn't have the make-up anymore and they were kinda sloppy looking and played sloppily...people were throwing things at them while they were onstage...

Yes, i like them most all dressed in black also.
I saw that concert too (in their dvd) and really, the guys that were standing there not even jumped!! Ok, the band didnt was on their best days, but they could give some support no? When I saw concerts here in Portugal, I saw bands I dont know, but still jump and headbang while standing there on the fuckin' mosh.

Written by Darth Satanious on 16.08.2006 at 07:12

I only listen to the tr00 Mayhem Mudvayne so their first album is the only one I like very much. I don't even know if this is correct but I always saw the guitarist (I can't even remember his name) as playing rhythm guitars while the bass player played lead bass. lol I liked the first album because, even when the guitars weren't that great, there was a lot of good musicianship displayed by the bass player, the drummer and, of course, the great vocals of Chad (?). After that album, the bass wasn't present that much and only the vocalist and the drummer kept shinning.

The guitarrist's called Greg Tribbett, and I really dont think neither bassist or guitarist hadnt kept "shinning".
----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
31.08.2006 - 13:08
Throne of Rats
^^

Cool thats just what I heard from some mates of mine..
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
08.09.2006 - 09:49
Asat0r
This is one of those bands that I have always enjoyed. I saw them at Ozzfest last year, and was totally blown away with how good they were live. The lead singer didn't miss a note on "World So Cold" where he goes crazy in the middle of the song. Their drummer is also one of my favorites, very inovative, and unique.
19.09.2006 - 05:25
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Mudvayne is one of the selectively few nu metal bands that I will listen to. Lost & Found is a decent release. Happy and Fall Into Sleep are amazing songs and the former of the two has some of my favorite lyrics ever, lyrics about personal struggles. Chad Gray has a great voice btw.
26.02.2007 - 04:45
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
Written by Asat0r on 08.09.2006 at 09:49

This is one of those bands that I have always enjoyed. I saw them at Ozzfest last year, and was totally blown away with how good they were live. The lead singer didn't miss a note on "World So Cold" where he goes crazy in the middle of the song. Their drummer is also one of my favorites, very inovative, and unique.

:O
I'm jealous ! Why won't they come to Portugal?
----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
24.03.2007 - 04:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I got "Lost and Found" today, and I gotta say this album is amazing. It's highly dinamic, I was really happy listening when suddenly it ended and I was like "Damn, time flies when you're having fun"
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

16.08.2007 - 02:38
Olli
I love L.D 50 and Lost and Found, but i don't like the other 2 albums very much. "Dig", "Determined" and "Just" are just a few of Mudvaynes great songs. There wasn't a single song i didn't like on Lost And Found and only one or two on L.D 50. If you haven't heard them before I recommend you listen to "Determined", It's been my favorite song for about 2 years and I have a collection of over 300 albums.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
22.09.2007 - 01:47
?Master?
Account deleted
i love mudvayne
their a kikass band i like em
some of their songs are whiney (world so cold)
but the rest kikass
06.10.2007 - 14:50
detective
Account deleted
Mudvayne rocks ! few of the song are "whiney" but it compensates their style so it's good.
13.11.2007 - 03:26
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
And they have a kickass bass bassplayer
----

14.11.2007 - 19:20
Anomander
Account deleted
I think they're excellent
14.11.2007 - 19:58
Sunioj
LD 50=masterpiece. And enough about the bassist, he is amazing.
15.11.2007 - 03:24
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I do not like them, not in the very least

Their vocalist gets on my nerves, and I can't stand any aspect of them musically
but everybody is entitled to their own opinion.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
18.11.2007 - 10:40
Sunioj
Written by Arian Totalis on 15.11.2007 at 03:24

I do not like them, not in the very least

Their vocalist gets on my nerves, and I can't stand any aspect of them musically
but everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Hmm..the only thing I don't like about the vocals is when its clean, mostly in their later albums. Best example is 'A world so cold', brrr, that didn't click with me. That may be the reason I "DIG" LD 50 ( lol, non pun intended ). Its all good.
24.11.2007 - 22:13
enixtm
Not a favourite of mine, but i dig Dig, and a few songs from Lost and Found..
----
How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh?
15.03.2008 - 21:19
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
They have one really good song, Dig, the rest...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
13.11.2008 - 14:32
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Mudvayne's new album, "The New Game", is being streamed in its entirety at this location.
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...