Metal Storm logo
The Black Keys

03.07.2008 - 06:38
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The Black Keys are a two man blues rock (or indie blues) band from Ohio. I first heard them about two years ago, and after hearing their live EP, I was instantly hooked. The music is really simple, but packed with feeling, and the vocals give them even more personality. lol I even remember hearing something about them recording some vocals by placing a microphone in a sink and singing while leaning forward. Anyways, I ended up almost blindly buying Magic Potion, and I fucking love it. But, I recently found out that their older album, Thickfreakness, which is quite possibly their best, is fully streamable on their last.fm page. I also recommend their debut, The Big Come Up, which is also streamable on last.fm.

I still haven't heard their newest, Attack & Release, but judging by their MySpace page, it's just as strong as the others.
10.05.2010 - 08:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Has anyone heard their new album, Brothers, yet?
11.05.2010 - 07:48
whatsacow

I only heard magic potion, but i loved it. I think it takes an incredible amount of skill to make something that simple sound that greatly packed with emotion.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
12.05.2010 - 20:24
Mikyz

Written by Dangerboner on 10.05.2010 at 08:15

Has anyone heard their new album, Brothers, yet?

The album is bit long, but is still pretty innovative. In some songs the riffs are damn catchy and the vocal performance is a bit better than previous albums imo, all in all you should definitely check it, you won't be disappointed.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
02.06.2010 - 05:44
Numbskull

I've got everything of theirs except the latest one. I need to get it. Far and away my favorite blues rock band. I love Dan's thick heavy distortion, tone, and style of blues. Good call Dangerboner!
08.06.2010 - 14:40
Empress

I've never heard of them so I checked out their myspace page, listened to a couple of their tunes, so far I'm not impressed. I'm a huge blues fan but I guess their style is not my cup of tea.