Metal Storm logo
Epheles - awsome BM (3 full songs)

23.06.2006 - 13:28
Damnated
Churchburner
In my search for finding french black metal, I found this. I can not say how good this band is, it is just breathtaking. The genre would be black metal with some various influences. I have only one unreleased album, and dying to get their demos. ANyways, here are some free songs from their site. From 'Souviens-Toi' Des siècles d'ignorance from 'L'ombre de la Croix' Winds of despair from 'Les Anges de la dernière Scène' Divines lamentations These songs don't have such a great quality, but they give you a thought about Epheles.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
23.06.2006 - 18:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
I'm interested. They are currently downloading..

Not really anything wrong with the quality, I say. Anyway, good fast BM..

I'll listen to it a bit longer, and will be back with a better opinion.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.06.2006 - 20:10
ISAAC
Account deleted
I'm pretty fond of those two mp3s, im now downloading some albums and demos as we speak
24.06.2006 - 20:25
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 23.06.2006 at 20:10

I'm pretty fond of those two mp3s, im now downloading some albums and demos as we speak

Wow, from where?
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
24.06.2006 - 21:37
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Man, I love this.

This is real good stuff.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.06.2006 - 22:24
ISAAC
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 24.06.2006 at 20:25

Wow, from where?

Soulseek, I get everything from there... there have only been about 3 or so albums (ever) that I could never find. The albums are good, I didn't even realize that it was a drum machine until I looked them up. I would like them a bit more if they didn't put dark funeral worshiping riffs in every once in awhile, they kinda ruin the nice atmospheres they can manage.
25.06.2006 - 12:52
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 24.06.2006 at 22:24

Written by Damnated on 24.06.2006 at 20:25

Wow, from where?

Soulseek, I get everything from there... there have only been about 3 or so albums (ever) that I could never find. The albums are good, I didn't even realize that it was a drum machine until I looked them up. I would like them a bit more if they didn't put dark funeral worshiping riffs in every once in awhile, they kinda ruin the nice atmospheres they can manage.

I don't find a think there, from Epheles, just Le Dernier Pardon. Have to wait, I guess.

@Nervel I'm glad you like'em
----

26.06.2006 - 01:08
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
This is awesome man...only have about 5 songs so far but its great thanks
26.06.2006 - 01:23
danzig111
Account deleted
Meh.....i don't like the music......i mean it's not too overly chaotic.........but the sound isn't 'dark' or 'cold' enough for me.....i'm not overly impressed.
20.09.2006 - 14:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
haha realy intresting french band I dounloud and listen those songs seems I hear something from french folk elements there and man is this your old awatar what was hat ban mamber pic?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.09.2006 - 15:26
Damnated
Churchburner
yes folk , I dunno. they have nice ambient pasages/songs, maybe you hear folk in that, as I'm not familiar with french folk
----

20.09.2006 - 15:50
Ithildin
Account deleted
I have one demo and one full-length. They're a decent band but nothing above average. Worth a listen, though.

Epheles are more or less a poor mans Belenos, to be honest.
20.09.2006 - 16:13
Damnated
Churchburner
Belenos is not similar to Epheles, maybe that they're french. This is what you ment then ?
----

20.09.2006 - 16:27
Ithildin
Account deleted
They sound very similar to me. Maybe Belenos are a bit more folkish but they have a likened sound. It's nothing to do with where they're from, either.
17.05.2009 - 09:36
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Very good band. I've listened to ''Les Anges de la dernière Scène'' and ''L'ombre de la Croix'' [DEMOS] and two of their full-lenghts: ''Le Dernier Pardon'' and ''Souviens-Toi''.

I don't know if their melodic/ambient passages can be considered folk metal like the end of ''L'Ombre Du Passé'' and ''Crucis Umbra'', their best songs, and both from the Demos. As for the full-lenghts, Souviens-Toi is definetly the best. Melodic, atmospheric, perfect timing with the drums making even the killer sequence full of emotion.

This band deserve a check by any BM fan.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
17.05.2009 - 14:38
Khaldi
I have their albums for free download on rapidshare.com and ifolder.ru . If anybody wants
to get Epheles's albums then PM to me
Band are really pretty good .
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
11.08.2011 - 20:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Has anyone given Je suis autrefois a listen? Amazing atmospheric black metal with some Imperium Dekadenz moments. You just have to be able to look beyond the easy-to-mock cover art (reminds me of early Immortal):

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."