Metal Storm logo
Zao

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 23.06.2006 - 19:01
Ok, Zao is a band that plays what I could best describe as melodic death. They have influenced many bands in their day, and Howard Jones (of Killswitch Engage) has admitted in several interviews the influence Zao has had on him. Zao (pronounced zay-o, not Zow, as commonly believed) have just released a new album titled "The Fear Is What Keeps Us Here". It is one of their most brutal to date, and is the first time in the bands history that two albums in a row have had the same lineup. Any fans?

Download these songs if you've never heard: Free The Three, Savannah, Physician Heal Thyself, and Skin Like Winter.
13.07.2006 - 03:17
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 11.07.2006 at 22:58

Really? I didn't really care for that guy's voice. He's crazy live though. He would fuckin scream into the drum mic, run around, lay on the floor screaming and all that fun stuff. I just thought his voice was kinda weak compared to Dan's.

it takes a while to get used to it for some i guess...and also like you said...he just had more energy
11.12.2006 - 20:00
Sunioj
I own "the splintered shards" and the "funeral of god" both are inherently differrent, funeral of god is an awesome album, good memories, but much more metal than splintered shards which on its own is a more hardcore album. Nonetheless, great band, I wonder if the new album is any good.
06.02.2007 - 00:44
fire101
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 11.12.2006 at 20:00

I own "the splintered shards" and the "funeral of god" both are inherently differrent, funeral of god is an awesome album, good memories, but much more metal than splintered shards which on its own is a more hardcore album. Nonetheless, great band, I wonder if the new album is any good.

Ther new album is one of their best ones, IMO. Go buy it, you wont be disappointed.
13.02.2007 - 02:46
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
A couple of weeks ago I met a guy who was ranting and raving about how much Christians suck, then he went on to talk about how awesome Zao is. Anyone else find that funny?
----
(space for rent)
13.02.2007 - 16:44
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Hemlock: That would probably be because he sees Christians as a bunch of stuffy do-gooders that worship and love God in the most traditional, sterile and boring way possible and he probably had no idea that Zao had any Christian lyrical content in their music, because it's not that obvious...
13.02.2007 - 16:46
Sunioj
I mean, its the music that should come first, and if he was generalizing Christians, of course thats also wrong.

I dunno, I wouldve found that funny though....what a knob
14.02.2007 - 04:24
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Jed seems to have run into a lot of knobs based on the stories he tells. Jed, you should write a book
16.04.2007 - 18:16
X
Account deleted
I've had problems finding CD's as I kind of now live out of the city. I could never find anything more then that rap crap and hip hop anyway, nothing good, exept maybe at Mikes. My favorite album is Funeral of god of course, I have too many favorite songs from the band which I can't decide which ones I like more for once.

[Is there a strapping young lad forum somewhere on this site?]
16.04.2007 - 18:25
X
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 13.02.2007 at 02:46

A couple of weeks ago I met a guy who was ranting and raving about how much Christians suck, then he went on to talk about how awesome Zao is. Anyone else find that funny?

I listen to Zao and I am not Christian, actually I can't stand the church because of all the bullshit that goes on. I don't hate Christian music. Besides what is Zao's message from thew funeral of god album? Wasn't it something like "What if god has turned it's back on humanity as humanity turned it's back on god" Anyway, I know Christians who insult the band and don't even look at the lyrics atleast. More or less alot of them I know listen to My Chemical Romance which I couldn't stand. Hell, I even listen to a bit of Thousand foot krutch, I listen to metal as long as it sounds good to me, I listen to a bit of almost everything [excluding rap and country, jazz, and reggea] and I'm as good of friends with the Church as Police and Criminals.

Oh, I'm wondering, Zao may be Christian in some sort of way, but they have alot of death metal like merchandise and such for a christian band. Lol. Maybe you guys should read the full Bio from them. I don't believe they were always "Zao" [Anyone who pronounces Zao "zaw" is a fucking retard and should get shot.]
16.04.2007 - 18:32
X
Account deleted
I just realized howlong it was since anybody else has posted...
16.04.2007 - 19:35
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 16.04.2007 at 18:32

Haha, actually from you said before the concept of the funeral of God was, what if God was dead? Thats the lyrical theme for the album, I actually like it, but the vocals kinda bother me.
17.04.2007 - 17:42
X
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 16.04.2007 at 19:35

Written by Guest on 16.04.2007 at 18:32

Haha, actually from you said before the concept of the funeral of God was, what if God was dead? Thats the lyrical theme for the album, I actually like it, but the vocals kinda bother me.

I was close enough. Lol. I have to find that SYL forum if there is one though.
11.12.2007 - 14:29
RockeRoy
anyone who can recomend their oppinion on the best album of them?
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
13.10.2008 - 11:03
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
ZAO is AWFUL. most unstable band ever.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
14.10.2008 - 03:28
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by LeChron James on 13.10.2008 at 11:03

ZAO is AWFUL. most unstable band ever.

Agreed...the guitar work is very hard to listen to...sometimes I wonder if they know how to play or not...I think it's because their stuff isn't mixed property and one thing is always louder than the other (I recently listened to their discography again) and I personally think that Christian overtones and brutal hardcore don't really go together...they are pretty damn unstable...it's been like that for ten years now...