Metal Storm logo
Cult of Luna

09.07.2008 - 22:37
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
OOOOKKK!
Kinda shocked, no Cult of Luna thread.
I love this band so much, the way they fuse the doom with sludgy grind, and the new album Eternal Kingdom IMO is probably one of their best.

What do you think of them?
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
10.07.2008 - 02:31
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm a fan, but I get bored of them sometimes. Still haven't checked out the new album :/
10.07.2008 - 19:19
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Written by Dangerboner on 10.07.2008 at 02:31

They seem to get more pretentious as they go on, but I'm a fan. I still haven't checked out the new album though :/

the new album is actually really good, i read somewhere they were inspired by this guys diary they found in their rehersal space..i would definately check it out if i were you.
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
10.07.2008 - 21:09
Warman
Erotic Stains
This band is amazing! Ashamed that I don't own any releases yet.
----
10.07.2008 - 21:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I realy love town from what band comes Umeå but I never had understand this band, I never like sthis band even Im SO INTO DOOM and love doom metal, its like I never will like Shining music same aboutvthis band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.02.2009 - 16:24
baldur

Somewhere along the highway is definitely their best effort so far, finland the best song on it.
i had some problems with the vocals at the beginning but they grew on me and i think they fit pretty well to this kind of music
04.02.2009 - 17:16
Elio
Red Nightmare
I still have to decide whether to vote their album in the MS Awards or not
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
25.12.2009 - 15:15
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Great band. In the MS photo they look like those weird japanese bands

Nice sludgy doomness!
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
25.12.2009 - 19:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
I have actually only heard "Somewhere Along the Highway", how are the other albums compared to that one in terms of sound and style?
----
28.12.2009 - 00:38
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Warman on 25.12.2009 at 19:04

I have actually only heard "Somewhere Along the Highway", how are the other albums compared to that one in terms of sound and style?

I own all of their cds. Here is what I say about their discography:

CULT OF LUNA 8.5/10
THE BEYOND 8.7/10

First two releases are the rawest, loudest, sounding musically. Very powerful.

SALVATION 8.2/10
SOMEWHERE ALONG THE HIGHWAY 9.1/10

The next two albums takes baby steps towards the post metal movement. I didn't like it at first but after a few more listens I was ready and full of anticipation for what direction the band takes next. SATH is a post metal masterpiece.

ETERNAL KINGDOM 7.1/10

Kind of a letdown for me. Instilling post metal with "shoe gazer" moments - not a good sound for them, too "slow" if you catch my meaning.
----
rekt
06.01.2010 - 21:39
mortjoyeux

I really dig them. I usually put them on during rainy days and that creates the best atmosphere. Their newest album eternal kingdom was actually really good, imo anyways.
27.02.2010 - 13:59
Entropic Silence

Got SATH recently and can't get enough of Finland in particular. Ordered Eternal Kingdom and eagerly awaiting its arrival... what do people think of Fire Was Born (the DVD)?
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
28.02.2010 - 15:09
burialchamber

Fire Was Born DVD is superb. The audio from the DVD was the first I'd heard of CoL and I liked it, but the DVD turned me on to them big time. Recommended.
04.03.2010 - 20:36
UnholyMenace
Psycho
I had the chance to see them live last Sunday. The gig was amazing. You could see that the band members were really into the music and just enjoying what they were doing.

Eternal Kingdom is definitely a very good album, but still not as good as Somewhere Along the Highway.
04.03.2010 - 22:22
burialchamber

Their enthusiasm really comes across in the DVD too. High on my list of must see bands.
02.04.2010 - 19:55
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I hope some new material is released soon! I just listened to their self-titled debut...again Man, are they LOUD!
----
rekt
03.04.2010 - 19:01
Southern Wind
Account deleted
All their stuff is notable probably with the exception of their self-titled, that although notable is not as well crafter as their other albums... Eternjal Kingdom was also hard to get into but is now their album I most listen to... it's freakin awesome with a good sound system or good headphones.
03.04.2010 - 23:15
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Guest on 03.04.2010 at 19:01

All their stuff is notable probably with the exception of their self-titled, that although notable is not as well crafter as their other albums... Eternjal Kingdom was also hard to get into but is now their album I most listen to... it's freakin awesome with a good sound system or good headphones.

I like their earlier stuff better...self titled, The Beyond. Eternal Kingdom was a big change. Like you said, takes a few spins to get into it.
----
rekt
04.04.2010 - 01:32
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I don't think it was such a big change as Somewhere was... with Eternal Kingdom they went heavy again after all
30.05.2011 - 03:19
F.N.S.C.A.C

Found this Cult of Luna thread so have to ask what everyone is thinking of new album? that teaser last december and heard nothing since.... would like to be more updated than that tbh
For me, I hope they drop the Holger Nilsson thing cos i didn't like the concept at all. Though saying that i don't have the audiobook so can't judge too much i guess.....