Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir - To Release New DVD

A new DVD from Black Metallers Dimmu Borgir has been announced. It will revolve around concerts for the band's Invaluable Darkness tour and their appearance at last year's Wacken Open Air festival. The Invaluable Darkness DVD will be a three-disc release: 2 DVDs plus a bonus audio CD. Click here to see the DVD's extensive tracklist.

In other news Dimmu Borgir has been confirmed for the Blackest Of The Black tour with Danzig, Moonspell, Winds Of Plague, and Skeletonwitch. The tour will be a 24-show trek on October 9th in Miami Beach, Florida and play its wrap-up show on November 10th in San Francisco, California.

Glenn Danzig had this to say: "I'm very happy to have Dimmu Borgir sharing the stage this time, as they are one of my favorite bands and I always wanted them on. Should be an incredible 20th anniversary tour."

Dimmu Borgir founding member/guitarist Silenoz checked in with the following: "Let there be no secrecy around the fact that we're really looking forward to the Blackest of The Black tour, finally joining forces with Danzig! To get the chance to share the stage with one of the most influential icons in metal and rock history, Glenn Danzig, is of course something we're very proud of! Combined with the other bands, this will be a night to remember - if you're into dark and heavy music, that is. We actually take it for granted that you will be there!"

Source: dimmu-borgir.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Posted: 16.07.2008 by abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 178 users
16.07.2008 - 05:42
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
this sounds insane, and im not a fan of dimmu's at all
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.07.2008 - 05:49
- DaN -
KaminarI
i thike dimmu is better than cradle, and his dvd's are good, so i'll buy this one !! xD
By the wayy...the dimmu's website is awesome! xD
----
 [b][red]I just knell to god... and I'm not seeing him here. !!!
16.07.2008 - 06:21
Witcher

Rich band:lol:
16.07.2008 - 07:53
kaylamacgavin

Sounds good, tracklist looks good as well.
I went to both pt 1 and pt 2 of the invaluable darkness tour... although the first pt was a hell of alot better than the 2nd. Probally because they didn't play any of that shit off of in sorte diaboli the first time around:D

Looking forward to seeing the dvd.
16.07.2008 - 08:26
Xan-X
Account deleted
I totally just have the hots for Shagrath...
Ha.
I'll probably check this out.
16.07.2008 - 09:38
Memento Mori
Mr. Nobody
Vow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the tracklisting of dvd is amazing
16.07.2008 - 10:06
Bones McBones
Account deleted
It will be interesting to hear the new album (that is when it comes out?) whether its going to be an extension of In Sorte or something different?

Does anyone have updates?
16.07.2008 - 11:28
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
sounds epic! however, looking at the tracklist, its basically 3 discs of the same songs... thats the only downside that i can see...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
16.07.2008 - 11:30
Abattoir

Definitely gonna buy this staff...
16.07.2008 - 14:50
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
sounds interesting, and the tracklist is very good IMO...
Looking forward!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
16.07.2008 - 16:37
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Not normally in to Dimmu, but I might get this one. They did a pretty good job at last years Wacken.
----
THRASH!!!
16.07.2008 - 23:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I hope that tour stops by here, other than Winds Of Plague that line-up looks great, even if Dimmu kinda suck live.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.07.2008 - 08:39
kaylamacgavin

Bones Mcbones ^^
To answer your question. . . according to silenoz the next dimmu album will be a concept album as well, the story throughout in sorte diaboli will be contiued in the next TWO dimmu borgir albums.

In my opinion, In sorte diaboli was complete shit and they should have never doen a concept album and
If what silenoz says holds to be true for their albums to come... then their is definetly no hope for dimmu borgir.
17.07.2008 - 18:36
Hamird
Lieutenant
Good. since I'm becoming interested in Dimmu Borgir since In sorte Diaboli, I will get this DVD..
17.07.2008 - 19:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
WTF! Tour Europe!
----
17.07.2008 - 22:23
crimsonmoon
Account deleted
this will be good XD
18.07.2008 - 05:45
Goat-Christ

I'm definitely looking forward to this. I saw Dimmu last year on The Invaluable Darkness Tour and they were great so I can't vouch for anyone who says they suck live. I actually got to touch Galder's headstock on his Jackson which was awesome. They've always been one of my favorite bands.
18.07.2008 - 06:52
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I think I'll buy it.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.

Hits total: 4622 | This month: 3