Metal Storm logo
Driving Songs

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 16.07.2008 - 17:47
yes, another ".... songs" thread

i don't have a car or a driver's license, but what type of music do you regularly put on when you're driving? if i had a car, i'd put these songs on a cd somewhere handy to play them whenever i go driving for more than half an hour:

Metallica- Jump in the Fire(that riff is perfect for cruising speed)
Judas Priest- Hot Rockin'(good just before you did your share of working out and want to go somewhere where you can scream and shout lol)
Judas Priest- Devil's Child, Eat Me Alive, Freewheel Burning, Nostradamus(fast tempo, great to sing-along, especially EAT)
Iron Maiden- The Clansman(also a great rythm, great to sing along)
3 Inches of Blood- Destroy The Orcs, Goatriders Horde
Slayer- Dissident Agressor(groovy, more in-your-face than the original)
Rainbow- Kill the King(such a fast and pumping rhythm)
Rammstein- Feuer Frei
Sodom- Ausgebombt(such a fun and fast track)
Manowar- Warriors of the World United, Battle Hymn, Hail and Kill(assuming you're at a stop light during the first verse lol)
Black Sabbath- Children of the Grave, Heaven and Hell(the fast bit is perfect for driving on an open highway)
Bon Jovi- You Give Love a Bad Name, Living on a Prayer, It's My Life(all have such great riffs and sing-along value)
AC/DC- Highway to Hell, Thunderstruck(no need to explain lol)

and of course, the BEST DRIVING SONG EVER...

KISS- Detroit Rock City
03.03.2011 - 08:42
Vikcen
Metálico
Usually in my car i listen the latest cds of metal that i buy, and always with very high volume! truly a pleasure.

If you have a decent car audio equipment this is the best place to listen your metal, before i had a custom audio equipment (an "Alpine" with "Macrom" speakers) in my old Seat Toledo three years ago, now i listen metal on this (also is a good audio equipment):

The last cd that i listened on it was: Deliverance - Weapons Of Our Warfare
03.03.2011 - 09:18
neros1x

Slayer's South of Heaven, the whole album. I actually got high listening to it the other day in the car - and no I wasn't on anything.
03.03.2011 - 23:31
VPeter

Lot's of Ministry songs are great songs for in the car, the only downside is that you want to ride 200 km per hour on a normal busy street down town...
04.03.2011 - 00:14
wormdrink414

The faster the better. My elderly Volvo wagon wants to go fast. 0-60 in 73.8 seconds. Many of the bands I listen to at home I listen to while driving (if I have the CD).

Bands that I like at home that don't make good driving music: Wolves In The Throne Room, Burzum, Mozart (any classical or baroque tunes, for that matter), Moonsorrow, and Immolation.

Bands that I play almost exclusively while driving: Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Five Horse Johnson, and Belphegor.
26.01.2013 - 08:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
From my Sweden Rock Festival 2013 playlist:
-Bullet - Rolling Home, great classic AC/DC like song with an unexpected piano bit and general badass head-nodding attitude
-Status Quo - Red Sky, I never thought SQ could be this fast and heavy. Also great lyrics to overtake people in "I had a red sky behind me, I had the bad guys on my trail", James Bond shit right there

I also remember "cruising" on a minibus some years ago with Jump in The Fire in my headphones, it made my top 5 feelings ever at that point haha.
03.02.2013 - 20:23
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Drone. Drone is driving music. Especially if you're on a long straight highway in the middle of nowhere.
03.02.2013 - 21:15
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Alex F on 03.02.2013 at 20:23

Drone. Drone is driving music. Especially if you're on a long straight highway in the middle of nowhere.

This how people fall asleep and die.

Hair metal is the ultimate driving music. Nothing make syou go faster than Round 'N Round.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
03.02.2013 - 21:22
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Boxcar Willy on 03.02.2013 at 21:15

That was kind of the point
03.02.2013 - 21:30
Lit.
Account deleted

Hair metal is the ultimate driving music. Nothing make syou go faster than Round 'N Round.

Nitro.

That is all.
04.02.2013 - 15:14
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Alex F on 03.02.2013 at 20:23
This how people fall asleep and die. Hair metal is the ultimate driving music. Nothing make syou go faster than Round 'N Round.

I agree that Drone isn't the best choice... But fuck hair metal. If you are in a long straight highway, completely alone this is how you do it:
Put your sunglasses on, get in your roofless car, blast the shit out of this and ride LIKE A BOSS:

/Thread
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.02.2013 - 17:10
Jtbmetal123

Black Sabbath is great to jam out to in the car.
04.02.2013 - 19:31
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.02.2013 at 15:14

/Thread

Sure, Kyuss is good road music... if you're riding on that road in a rusty, worn-down bus to a penitentiary in Mexico.
04.02.2013 - 19:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 04.02.2013 at 19:31

/Thread

Sure, Kyuss is good road music... if you're riding on that road in a rusty, worn-down bus to a penitentiary in Mexico.

Nah, any long ass road with not too many cars around is good in my book.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.02.2013 - 19:38
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.02.2013 at 19:32

Written by Guest on 04.02.2013 at 19:31

/Thread

Nah, any long ass road with not too many cars around is good in my book.

True, but for me that means blasting Sammy Hagar instead.
04.02.2013 - 19:39
Patrick.

If I had a driver's license, I imagine songs like "Hot Wheels" by Axel Rudi Pell or "Speed King" by Deep Purple would be cool rockin' out to, along the highway.
18.02.2013 - 06:37
squidrick420

Quote:

I think hair metal would make me drive off a bridge just so i could escape it
19.02.2013 - 03:17
Sinnercist

I like the doomy or progressive side of metal for driving. Especially for those long drives *nod nod* : Who possibly cant appreciate a nighttime drive on a forest bordering road with some good ol' opeth blaring in the background?
----
From YOLO to LOLOL. You're welcome.
20.02.2013 - 01:00
Vombatus
Potorro
Stoner-stuff is great for it.... hmmmm newer Darkthrone also has some great driving tunes (specially The Cult Is Alive). But these two take the cake:

10.03.2013 - 00:20
skrog1

Every type of music that I listen to, be it Slayer, The Doors, Frontline Assembly, Bach, or even the radio, is good driving music. It just matters on my mood and how far I'm going.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
06.12.2013 - 01:00
FOOCK Nam

Devin Townsend - Canada is very good fitted song for driving, check out the lyrics. Its for road wanderer full scenary horizon.
06.12.2013 - 13:50
Sean 79

The only thing i don't listen to when i'm driving is doom. So far this week it's been...
Emperor - In the Nightside Ecilpse
Sepultura - Compilation
Old Man's Child -Vermin
Overkill - Under the Influence (:lol: Just realised the name of the album i was listening to while driving)
Deicide -In the Minds of Evil
Marduk - Warschau
Cradle of Filth - Dusk and Her Embrace
Powerwolf - Preachers of the Night

Written by VPeter on 03.03.2011 at 23:31

Lot's of Ministry songs are great songs for in the car, the only downside is that you want to ride 200 km per hour on a normal busy street down town...

Totally agree. Ministry always makes put the foot down.