Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Entire New Album Available For Guitar Hero

From the band's MySpace blog:

"Death Magnetic," the entire album will be available for Guitar Hero too!

It's a first in both music and gaming - the same day that "Death Magnetic" hits the streets, you'll be able to download every song from the album for "Guitar Hero III!" We are so psyched that we'll be the first out of the gate with this simultaneous release... who knows, maybe a few years from now this will be the norm when your favorite band's new record comes out.

And for those of you who are anxiously awaiting the next Guitar Hero, "World Tour," we're ready for that too - you will be able to experience "Death Magnetic" for drums, vocals, and guitar when that game emerges this Fall."

The album cover for Metallica's new album ''Death Magnetic'' has been revealed recently. Cover image, wallpapers, icons and more can be found here.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 18.07.2008 by +{Jonas}+

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 51   Visited by: 307 users
19.07.2008 - 00:05
Harlequin

Is this music I hear?
Noooo, it's money going into their pockets!
----
00:40 - Doomface
Mikael Akerfeldt doesn't age like humans do.
19.07.2008 - 00:06
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
i saw something either on TV or on yahoo that was talking about how bands might start releasing albums in conjunction with guitar hero or with their own guitar hero or whatever. music is going to die that way.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.07.2008 - 00:13
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Cover art is rather bland. : /
19.07.2008 - 00:22
Svneatr
Vitharr
guitar hero is destroying music culture. at first i thought it was just a game and maybe it'll get some people to listen to "good" music. but its getting rediculous. instead of people saying "i like this song" they say "i can play it 100% on expert".
19.07.2008 - 00:37
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by LeChron James on 19.07.2008 at 00:06

i saw something either on TV or on yahoo that was talking about how bands might start releasing albums in conjunction with guitar hero or with their own guitar hero or whatever. music is going to die that way.

I second that... It's getting almost dangerous IMO...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.07.2008 - 01:05
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.07.2008 at 00:37

yeah its already getting kinda sketch in terms of what bands are doing. like aerosmith is having a guitar hero game with a buncha their songs on it. buncha whores.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.07.2008 - 01:20
MetalManic

Written by Svneatr on 19.07.2008 at 00:22

instead of people saying "i like this song" they say "i can play it 100% on expert".

Yeah...that is very annoying!!!
19.07.2008 - 01:55
Fat & Sassy!

I think Guitar Hero is a double edged sword. It exposes some musically ignorant people to some better music, but at the same time... some people will "like" the music for all the wrong reasons... I am not going to condemn Guitar Hero. It is not destroying music culture. It can't get much worse than it already is (at least here in the states)...

One thing that does piss me off about the latest Guitar Hero:

The ANNOYING and MINDLESS fans of Dragonforce it has spawned with Through the Fire and the Flames being on it.
19.07.2008 - 02:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Right when we thought the Metallica situation couldn't get any worse.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.07.2008 - 02:14
Manhelm
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 19.07.2008 at 02:01

is anyone actually suprised by this move? Do you think metallica is above another sellout. I think we have all forgotten that LARS NEEDS A NEW GOLD PLATED SHARK TANK!

have we learnt nothing? Just because they wrote afew fucking great thrash albums afew years back, doesn't mean they're worth a sack of shit now.
19.07.2008 - 02:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 19.07.2008 at 02:14

Written by Doc G. on 19.07.2008 at 02:01

is anyone actually suprised by this move? Do you think metallica is above another sellout. I think we have all forgotten that LARS NEEDS A NEW GOLD PLATED SHARK TANK!

have we learnt nothing? Just because they wrote afew fucking great thrash albums afew years back, doesn't mean they're worth a sack of shit now.

Haha, I never said I was surprised. How long until Lars does a toothpaste commercial? Im taking bets here....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.07.2008 - 02:25
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Is it a good sign that their using the old school logo again? They haven't used it on a studio album since the black album... I realize this probly means nothing, but their is hope!
19.07.2008 - 02:37
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
TBH this might be killing the music industry or perhaps not....only the bands who turn really shit in the first place will do stupid crap like releasing albums for guitar hero. You wont exactly find any metal bands who still make decent music to even be approached by the makers of guitar hero because the music has to be of a certain "friendly-ish" sound i suppose. Lets face it....I doubt that if Metallica released the "Black" album or whatnot now that the whole album would feature on guitar hero as some sort of "Metallica Edition" for the game. If you make shit metal that sound a little gay its the perfect recipe for a guitar hero game I guess. Only my 2 cents..
19.07.2008 - 03:16
doug789

The only bug i have with guitar hero is the amount of people saying they like a band eg. dragonforce, and only saying they like dragonforce and only listening to through the fire and flames. and the same with other bands. eg slayer, iron maiden etc

that is my only issue with guitar hero. But with metallica, wat do you expect releasing their whole album with guitar hero = more money, more fans, even if the album is shit
IMO CLiff burton was metallica
R.I.P Cliff
19.07.2008 - 03:17
Muhannad Saleh
www.jorzine.com
who cares about guitar hero.. ?
19.07.2008 - 03:24
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
NO WAY DUUUDDE!! That is so crazy, I'm gonna download every single track and 100% them on Expert by nightfall! Best news everrr111
19.07.2008 - 04:19
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Honestly, I believe GH and RB are great channels to introduce people to new music (To be completely honest this is how I find out about other music which isn't metal), but if it starts leading to the above problems then it could be a dark day in music.
Actually, a bit of a VG history lesson, Its actually GH I'd be more afraid of ruining things (since its owned by activision), Rock Band is actually developed by the old developers of Guitar Hero (The 1st 2 games), and Harmonix is MUCH more willing to use more underground music than Activision. IDK, jst had to shout that out for some reason.
19.07.2008 - 04:28
ChavaIhshan
Account deleted
Is it just my sick imagination.....or the cover art looks like a....um.... pussy?
19.07.2008 - 05:09
selken
Irreligious
I like Guitar hero, but I prefer Frets on Fire, I can play songs for bands you never imagined xD
----
19.07.2008 - 05:57
Vunts

Written by Guest on 19.07.2008 at 04:28

Is it just my sick imagination.....or the cover art looks like a....um.... pussy?

I think it's too edgy! Too little curves
19.07.2008 - 06:09
Fuath

i dont know who youve been banging then
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

19.07.2008 - 06:58
Fhuesc

I don't see where's the problem, it mixes two great things, music and videogames. Well in that case i assume it's only going to be one great thing, since that album will suck donkey balls
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
19.07.2008 - 07:27
insanity.peppers

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 19.07.2008 at 01:55

The ANNOYING and MINDLESS fans of Dragonforce it has spawned with Through the Fire and the Flames being on it.

meh fads are coming and going faster than ever these days. I reckon these 'fans' will cease to exist within five years.
19.07.2008 - 07:28
Varegan
Hamranakara
another commercial act, the never ending lust for money!
but that album layout look good, magnetic coffin!!!
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
19.07.2008 - 08:19
DoomGuard

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 19.07.2008 at 01:55

AMEN TO THAT!
Whole bunch of skaters thinkin they know 'Power Metal'...pisses me off...i can 'DragonForce' the gay side of Power Metal...
19.07.2008 - 12:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 19.07.2008 at 01:05

Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.07.2008 at 00:37

yeah its already getting kinda sketch in terms of what bands are doing. like aerosmith is having a guitar hero game with a buncha their songs on it. buncha whores.

not if you download them illegally you see, there's some good in this, hopefully the bands will see the error of this way and put it on the web for free or just stop releasing guitar hero packs.
19.07.2008 - 12:36
Mrshll

How many people do you think will actually buy this album? I'm sure both people who adored Metallica and those who hated their music will download it just to spite them.
19.07.2008 - 14:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino

Don't worry, you're not sik

If you look at the Metallica threat you will see that 3 or 4 users [me too] thought that the cover was a vagina at first jjajajaja
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.07.2008 - 14:59
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.07.2008 at 14:11

Don't worry, you're not sik

If you look at the Metallica threat you will see that 3 or 4 users [me too] thought that the cover was a vagina at first jjajajaja

Haha, that was my first reaction aswell xD it's really lame. Death. A coffin. Magnetic. Some iron chip.
Witty!
19.07.2008 - 15:40
Enissa

Music for Gaming??
What the hell They were Thinking???!!!!

Hits total: 5653 | This month: 16