Metal Storm logo
Slipknot - New Album And New Masks

Slipknot will release their new album "All Hope Is Gone" on 26th of August 2008. The tracklist is:

1. Execute
2. Gematria (The Killing Name)
3. Sulfur
4. Psychosocial
5. Dead Memories
6. Vendetta
7. Butcher's Hook
8. Gehenna
9. This Cold Black
10. Wherein Lies Continue
11. Snuff
12. All Hope Is Gone

Bonus tracks:
13. Child of Burning Time
14. Til We Die
15. Vermillion Pt. 2 (Bloodstone Mix)

The band has released two songs of this album, "All Hope Is Gone" and "Psychosocial", available on YouTube and the official MySpace page.

Slipknot has also changed their masks, you can see the new masks here.

Source: slipknot1.com
Band profile: Slipknot
Posted: 19.07.2008 by - DaN -

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 103   Visited by: 398 users
19.07.2008 - 18:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
I'm not fan of them... But I do enjoy their music sometimes when I'm in the mood.

Anyway, they seems very mature... Their solos are very good [big surprise indeed] and about the masks... Taylor's change was big... and not very good IMO.

But the one that is like jesus and the clown are fucking sweet and well done.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.07.2008 - 18:37
DoomGuard
my friends r telling me that they actually think this album is gonna be ok...i doubt it...Slipknot just isn't my thing
19.07.2008 - 19:06
Chaos
Account deleted
yeah and besides The Mask thing.........Is getting Old...what the hell guys??? show us your Freaking face...
19.07.2008 - 19:15
Hamird
Lieutenant
The new masks are nice.. I hope the album will be as well as new masks.
19.07.2008 - 20:20
Justice
joey's mask is so good
he is the best in this band
19.07.2008 - 20:23
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
I like the new masks and the new songs - this band is getting more and more interesting with every release, and even if they are quite silly at least they are original. Nice blastbeats on the title track
19.07.2008 - 20:59
Infidel
Child of Hell
Written by Guest on 19.07.2008 at 19:06

yeah and besides The Mask thing.........Is getting Old...what the hell guys??? show us your Freaking face...

Havenť you seen their real face ?? oh, you are wretch...in that case you don't know their side projects ?..for example Stone Sour or Dirty Little Rabbits ?...they've never worn masks in that projects ! P.S.: I know, you wrote: "their music SUCKS" in the shoutbox.
19.07.2008 - 21:24
Thought.
A Dying God
Written by Guest on 19.07.2008 at 19:06

look what happened when KISS took off their make-up. Are you saying GWAR should come out onstage and play a "normal" set? grow up. Some of those masks are fucking sweet. I agree that Corey's mask isn't that cool lookin' though. also, i never thought Fehn's gimp mask was any good.

as far as the new album goes, i've never been a fan of slipknot's take on heavy music but i listen to it now and then. it can be some schizophrenic, pschotic shit.
----
There is no God but the one that dies with me. I have no life but the one I take with me to the grave. We come into this world alone. And we will die on our own. I live. I die. Ain Elohim.
19.07.2008 - 21:24
Varegan
Hamranakara
Im not so familiar with the band, but mask look like old ones imo, i dont know...
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
19.07.2008 - 21:35
ozieb
i suppose it's gonna be really good shit this time...i hope so
19.07.2008 - 22:18
Slyfang
Hm.. the song on their MySpace sounds like actual death metal, albeit a very bland type with a 90 year old wheezing vocalist.
19.07.2008 - 22:48
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
HAHAHAHAHHAHA NEW MASKS LOLOLOL
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.07.2008 - 22:48
Chaos
Account deleted
hey guys i just cant see any one where masks...cuz i think its stupid...Music is music...and i hate music that is based on show bez...even thou most of thare songs...and i have to say it: IS GOOD...but still...you have a lot of bands thats much more better than SLIP KNOT...yet they dont wear masks...so sorry but im still saying its silly
but i think music is like food every one got thare own taste...right
20.07.2008 - 00:01
Slipknot has gotten to the point were I just pitty them. They wouldn't get half the shit they do if they would just lose the fucking masks. This isn't Halloween, GWAR can pull it off, you cannot.
20.07.2008 - 00:25
Galar
Wicked Mung
who the fuck cares...
GET SLIPKNOT OFF METALSTORM, WTF HAS THE SITE COME TO
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
20.07.2008 - 00:49
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Written by AMonitorDarkly on 20.07.2008 at 00:01

Slipknot has gotten to the point were I just pitty them. They wouldn't get half the shit they do if they would just lose the fucking masks. This isn't Halloween, GWAR can pull it off, you cannot.

Amen.
20.07.2008 - 01:13
Chaos
Account deleted
Written by AMonitorDarkly on 20.07.2008 at 00:01

your god damn right
20.07.2008 - 01:18
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Seriously, in the area of music they perform in they pretty much excel above all others. As for the mask thing I don't see anyone moaning about corpse paint?

I just love how Slipknot never fails to reduce metallers to snivelling whiney little girls =] Wah wah, get the masks off, get them off my m3t4|_ site, they're not metal, wah.
20.07.2008 - 01:27
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Ok, girls, the time is now. Start posting how much you hate Slipknot so that the rest of the Metalstormers now how cool you are.

Joey's mask is damn good indeed. Haven't heard shit of the album yet. They say it goes similarily in the line of Vol. 3 and if that is the case I am not that enthusiastic. They won't release an IOWA Part 2 it seems, what a pity.
----
Christless
20.07.2008 - 01:48
Chaos
Account deleted
so what i heard from that was.............. bad music....bad looks
20.07.2008 - 03:11
selken
Irreligious
their music is always interesting....

but I have remixed reaction with the masks

Written by Galar on 20.07.2008 at 00:25

who the fuck cares...

FREEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!
----
20.07.2008 - 04:28
Goat-Christ
If Slipknot ditched the DJ, the two percussionists, the sample guy, that very high mid guitar tone and traded Corey Taylor for a better screamer THEN they would be a good Metal band. The song wasn't bad but it still has too much of their old sound for my taste. I will say that Mick Thompson and Jim Root are great guitar players. The solos on this new track sound like old-school thrash shredding. And Joey Jordison is just a damn good drummer. Get rid of all the unnecessary members and become something more.
20.07.2008 - 04:48
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Written by Goat-Christ on 20.07.2008 at 04:28

If Slipknot ditched the DJ, the two percussionists, the sample guy, that very high mid guitar tone and traded Corey Taylor for a better screamer THEN they would be a good Metal band.

Honestly if you got rid of all of those members, they'd probably be pretty generic, Especially Corey? C'mon, who COULD you replace him with, unless you want a screamer more akin to a generic death/black metal bands.
20.07.2008 - 04:50
kaylamacgavin
whats so dark and heavy about a bunch of faggots playing dressup in designer masks
20.07.2008 - 05:31
Written by Paradox0 on 20.07.2008 at 04:48

Written by Goat-Christ on 20.07.2008 at 04:28

If Slipknot ditched the DJ, the two percussionists, the sample guy, that very high mid guitar tone and traded Corey Taylor for a better screamer THEN they would be a good Metal band.

Honestly if you got rid of all of those members, they'd probably be pretty generic, Especially Corey? C'mon, who COULD you replace him with, unless you want a screamer more akin to a generic death/black metal bands.

Corey has to be one of the worst vocalists I've heard both live and recorded. Its like hes trying to scream but it comes out as an annoying wheezing sound.
20.07.2008 - 05:35
Goat-Christ
Paradox0... most of their new material lacks any percussion that is inspiring, Sid Wilson's turntables are used every once in awhile but not as frequently as on earlier albums (I must also note that his turntable work is not that inspiring either or different on their new stuff, more of the same) and where the hell does the sample guy do anything? Here and there, maybe, but he seems to be completely unnecessary. The core of the group are the band playing most of the music i.e. Joey Jordison, Paul Gray, Mick Thompson and Jim Root. Corey used to have a good scream but his lyrics are terrible and it's like Stone Sour has cross-contaminated Slipknot these days in some aspects of their music, considering Corey and Jim are both in Stone Sour. Taylor has good clean vocals but that doesn't make up for his throat going. I think most of their members are just "in the band" instead of really contributing anything.
20.07.2008 - 06:19
- DaN -
KaminarI
Written by Galar on 20.07.2008 at 00:25

who the fuck cares...

Are u crazy??? the name of the site is METALstorm, slipknot play metal(nu metal) sooo they have the right to be here!
----
 [b][red]I just knell to god... and I'm not seeing him here. !!!
20.07.2008 - 08:18
money-metal makes baby jesus cry
20.07.2008 - 09:15
Fuath
Written by kaylamacgavin on 20.07.2008 at 04:50

whats so dark and heavy about a bunch of faggots playing dressup in designer masks

ill never forget that one
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

20.07.2008 - 11:11
Derelict Earth
Hey gang vocals on All Hope is Gone ? Sweet even though I don't like slipknot.

Hits total: 18300 | This month: 9