Metal Storm logo
Slipknot - New Album And New Masks

Slipknot will release their new album "All Hope Is Gone" on 26th of August 2008. The tracklist is:

1. Execute
2. Gematria (The Killing Name)
3. Sulfur
4. Psychosocial
5. Dead Memories
6. Vendetta
7. Butcher's Hook
8. Gehenna
9. This Cold Black
10. Wherein Lies Continue
11. Snuff
12. All Hope Is Gone

Bonus tracks:
13. Child of Burning Time
14. Til We Die
15. Vermillion Pt. 2 (Bloodstone Mix)

The band has released two songs of this album, "All Hope Is Gone" and "Psychosocial", available on YouTube and the official MySpace page.

Slipknot has also changed their masks, you can see the new masks here.

Source: slipknot1.com
Band profile: Slipknot
Posted: 19.07.2008 by - DaN -

Comments page 2 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 103   Visited by: 398 users
20.07.2008 - 12:03
Stigma
Account deleted
All Hope Is Gone is a good track indeed.. Who knows, could be worth of buying even. The masks have a pretty natural progression.
20.07.2008 - 15:28
YoreLore
Do Slipknot fans look forward to the masks changing more than the new music lol. funny band
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
20.07.2008 - 15:39
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
I've heard both, the title track is catchy but doesn't sound nearly as "out of control" as some of their previous stuff, and Psychosocial is a pretty generic, mid-paced, Industrial influenced track. I really like Slipknot, but I can't say I'm as excited to hear All Hope Is Gone as I was with Volume 3.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
20.07.2008 - 21:26
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by LeChron James on 19.07.2008 at 22:48

HAHAHAHAHHAHA NEW MASKS LOLOLOL

Haha, I had a similar reaction. Maybe thats their sale point?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.07.2008 - 22:29
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 20.07.2008 at 21:26

yeah thats DEFINITELY their selling point. when i was still in middle school a buncha kids bought coveralls and slipknot masks and were slipknot for halloween. and they wore the masks for like, a week after. distressing i know.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
20.07.2008 - 22:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by LeChron James on 20.07.2008 at 22:29

yeah thats DEFINITELY their selling point. when i was still in middle school a buncha kids bought coveralls and slipknot masks and were slipknot for halloween. and they wore the masks for like, a week after. distressing i know.

Ive got far too many witty remarks here to fit into one text box. Some kids in my junior high did that but with Insane Clown Posse, which I think is even worse, one kid went as far as getting an ICP tattoo on the back of his neck when he turned 18, that was before he realized it would result in him being socially ostracized. But yeah, I think if Slipknot need to be taken seriously on any level by people over the age of 14 they should try doing an album without masks and drop the freaking gimmick.
----
- George Carlin
20.07.2008 - 22:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 20.07.2008 at 22:34

Written by LeChron James on 20.07.2008 at 22:29

Ive got far too many witty remarks here to fit into one text box. Some kids in my junior high did that but with Insane Clown Posse, which I think is even worse, one kid went as far as getting an ICP tattoo on the back of his neck when he turned 18, that was before he realized it would result in him being socially ostracized. But yeah, I think if Slipknot need to be taken seriously on any level by people over the age of 14 they should try doing an album without masks and drop the freaking gimmick.

AWWWFULLLLL. yeah ICP is DEFINITELY worse than slipknot. ive got a friend who STILL listens to him. but hes in the army so he loses. but in terms of slipknot themselves, i agree the gimmick has to go if they ever want to be considered a legitimate musical entity, much less a legitimate metal entity. i dont even think the joey jordison's drum talents can bring them back at this point. some of the masks havent even changed, now that i look at it. JOKES.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
22.07.2008 - 06:07
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by - DaN - on 20.07.2008 at 06:19

Written by Galar on 20.07.2008 at 00:25

who the fuck cares...
GET SLIPKNOT OFF METALSTORM, WTF HAS THE SITE COME TO

Are u crazy??? the name of the site is METALstorm, slipknot play metal(nu metal) sooo they have the right to be here!

Nu metal aint shit in my books. And no, they dont have the right to be here. they are the epitome of shitty music, and I dont associate shit with metal, with the exception of leaves eyes.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
22.07.2008 - 16:29
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Quote:
Quote:

Nu metal aint shit in my books. And no, they dont have the right to be here. they are the epitome of shitty music,

Are you forgetting (insert name here)core?
22.07.2008 - 17:59
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Galar on 22.07.2008 at 06:07

Nu metal aint shit in my books. And no, they dont have the right to be here. they are the epitome of shitty music, and I dont associate shit with metal, with the exception of leaves eyes.

And you think you're the judge , huh?

Fuck it, Nü Metal is metal, even if it hurts you and a ton of other "pure" metalheads
And if you want Slipknot to get kicked, you can ask the staff I'm sure they will say to you that they are metal and if you don't like it your problem.

And IF slipknot get kicked... Then many bands should be kicked [and I'm not meaning the Nu-metal ones.]
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.07.2008 - 23:12
Stigma
Account deleted
It's funny how certain bands get a certain attitude towards them in the eyes of certain people. Know what I'm talking about? I knew you didn't.
22.07.2008 - 23:59
TheBigRossowski
New masks, that's hilarious! Sounds like a chance for great merchandising!

"Spaceballs the flame-thrower!"
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
23.07.2008 - 15:25
routa
Account deleted
Written by Galar on 22.07.2008 at 06:07

--and I dont associate shit with metal--

:
24.07.2008 - 00:21
brapp32
Wow its amazing all these people who hate slipknot are wasting so much time to talk about them. You guys are losers. It took me a while to realize how sad some of the people are on this site. You all sound like a bunch of bitches.
24.07.2008 - 01:46
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by brapp32 on 24.07.2008 at 00:21

Wow its amazing all these people who hate slipknot are wasting so much time to talk about them. You guys are losers. It took me a while to realize how sad some of the people are on this site. You all sound like a bunch of bitches.

Don't say all people... Some actually don't give a shit about Slipknot and just care if the album will sound good or not...

Thos doesn't have anything to do with the topic.. but I found kinda strange that you have all from the bands you mentioned but you're too lazy to put them on O.O....

That would make 4 pages instead of 2...
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.07.2008 - 02:29
brapp32
all meaning all the people bashing slipknot. No offense to those who don't care about slipknot. I should have been more clear about that. I just started putting the CDs on there the other day. I don't even have all my CDs on there yet. So what I'm lazy. I don't feel the need to write every album title, espicslly when I'm doing all this on a phone. If I had a computer I'd probably put the titles but it takes to long. The other problem is from buying so many CDs I can't remember half the titles.
24.07.2008 - 07:55
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by kaylamacgavin on 20.07.2008 at 04:50

whats so dark and heavy about a bunch of faggots playing dressup in designer masks

word
i would'nt mind them so much if they played good music.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
24.07.2008 - 12:06
brapp32
If you don't like slipknot thats fine. But don't say they don't make good music. Someone can just as easily say the same thing about the bands you like. I wouldnt even read about a band I don't like, let alone write something about them. It looks like you got a little to much free time on your hands.
24.07.2008 - 15:47
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by brapp32 on 24.07.2008 at 02:29

all meaning all the people bashing slipknot. No offense to those who don't care about slipknot. I should have been more clear about that. I just started putting the CDs on there the other day. I don't even have all my CDs on there yet. So what I'm lazy. I don't feel the need to write every album title, espicslly when I'm doing all this on a phone. If I had a computer I'd probably put the titles but it takes to long. The other problem is from buying so many CDs I can't remember half the titles.

The thing with your collection was a small joke... Because i found interesting that you just wrote "all".. It looked funny to me
----
Rod, let me love you.
25.07.2008 - 00:34
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Wether if youi people like 'em or not, I can't wait to get this new album. And teh new masks are pretty nice.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
25.07.2008 - 04:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by brapp32 on 24.07.2008 at 12:06

If you don't like slipknot thats fine. But don't say they don't make good music. Someone can just as easily say the same thing about the bands you like. I wouldnt even read about a band I don't like, let alone write something about them. It looks like you got a little to much free time on your hands.

Im timing how long it takes to make this post:
People post under this because it is funny how preoccupied with the image these guys are (and this coming from a glam rock fan), sure, every band is concerned about image in some way or another, but you dont see them posting news stories "Along with our new album weve all gotten haircuts, you can see them here (insert link)". If they were an actual musical entity rather than a gimmick band they'd be perfectly comfortable dropping the masks entirely for a new album, but if they can't do that without losing the respect of their fanbase, it shows how terrible their music was in the first place.

That took a grueling 42 seconds. I must have no social life.
----
- George Carlin
25.07.2008 - 04:55
brapp32
Theres a pretty big difference between some glam fag getting a haircut and a guy changing a mask. I could care less about them getting new masks. I listen to them for the music. I like the whole get up with the masks but it wouldnt matter to me one way or another if they wore the masks or not. They don't sell albums because they where masks. They sell albums because they make music that people like. To me its pretty retarded that people would like or respect the music more if they didn't where the masks. Its still the same fucking band. Its also pretty sad that you timed yourself on how long it took you to write a message. If it 20 seconds or 20 minutes you still wasted time on something that means nothing to you. That's why you are a loser. I very very big loser. I can't wait for the new album. Slipknot is the shit.
25.07.2008 - 09:07
Arçaliz
Account deleted
I don't know what makes slipknot in Metalstorm...
25.07.2008 - 15:41
brapp32
there on metalstorm because they make rap music. Why else would they be here.
25.07.2008 - 16:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by brapp32 on 25.07.2008 at 04:55

Theres a pretty big difference between some glam fag getting a haircut and a guy changing a mask. I could care less about them getting new masks. I listen to them for the music. I like the whole get up with the masks but it wouldnt matter to me one way or another if they wore the masks or not. They don't sell albums because they where masks. They sell albums because they make music that people like. To me its pretty retarded that people would like or respect the music more if they didn't where the masks. Its still the same fucking band. Its also pretty sad that you timed yourself on how long it took you to write a message. If it 20 seconds or 20 minutes you still wasted time on something that means nothing to you. That's why you are a loser. I very very big loser. I can't wait for the new album. Slipknot is the shit.

Calm down man... Seriously.
And you have to admit it, If Slipknot was a band with only 5 mebers [because you can do that music with less members] and with no maks... It's quite obvious that not so many people would buy their albums as much as if they were a band with 9 members with freaky masks.

And that's a fact.
----
Rod, let me love you.
25.07.2008 - 17:07
Muhannad Saleh
www.jorzine.com
new masks hahahahaha looool
25.07.2008 - 17:09
brapp32
if its all about the masks why haven't groups like gwar and mushroomhead making the kind of money and selling albums like slipknot???? You really got to get over this personal problem you have and move on. With all the hostility and anger you have towards them wearing the masks, maybe you should give them a listen. Release some of that hatred you have. Its just a suggestion. Maybe you will like what you here.
25.07.2008 - 17:38
brapp32
shit I just realized that wasn't a response from dr. Rock. Didn't you say that you actually liked some of their songs mr. Doctor? Is it because of the masks or you like the songs?? This is really getting sadder and sadder with each message that gets posted. Stop hating on the guys and stick to the shit you like.
25.07.2008 - 17:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by brapp32 on 25.07.2008 at 17:09

if its all about the masks why haven't groups like gwar and mushroomhead making the kind of money and selling albums like slipknot???? You really got to get over this personal problem you have and move on. With all the hostility and anger you have towards them wearing the masks, maybe you should give them a listen. Release some of that hatred you have. Its just a suggestion. Maybe you will like what you here.

You talk like you know me... That's really funny [to say the least, I'm not in the mood to say something else right now]
And please put the finger on where I wrote that I hate them. I have all their albums [in my computer] and sometimes I'm willing to buy some cd.

And what personal problem?... jajajajaj I didn't know that you know me so well... You're really funny.

I just believe that at least 50% of their fans exist because their image + the lyrics that seem to come from a 13-year old pissed off that supposes to be "cruel" and shit. But by saying that doesn't mean that I hate them... I just think that way. I still like their music and don't have a problem at all.

If a guy have an opinion that you dislike, try to discuss and not make your level lower with comments like "You're a loser" because with that, you're losing your point and nobody would take you seriously
----
Rod, let me love you.
25.07.2008 - 19:13
brapp32
We are having a debate about men wearing masks, you really think I'm worried about people taking me seriously. You really think that guy is offended that I called him a loser?? If he is he can call me whatever he wants. I won't cry. You didn't answer the question about mushroomhead and gwar not making the money slipknot makes when they look as outlandish as slipknot does. To me that proves its alot more than an image thing.

Hits total: 18299 | This month: 8