Metal Storm logo
Slipknot - New Album And New Masks

Slipknot will release their new album "All Hope Is Gone" on 26th of August 2008. The tracklist is:

1. Execute
2. Gematria (The Killing Name)
3. Sulfur
4. Psychosocial
5. Dead Memories
6. Vendetta
7. Butcher's Hook
8. Gehenna
9. This Cold Black
10. Wherein Lies Continue
11. Snuff
12. All Hope Is Gone

Bonus tracks:
13. Child of Burning Time
14. Til We Die
15. Vermillion Pt. 2 (Bloodstone Mix)

The band has released two songs of this album, "All Hope Is Gone" and "Psychosocial", available on YouTube and the official MySpace page.

Slipknot has also changed their masks, you can see the new masks here.

Source: slipknot1.com
Band profile: Slipknot
Posted: 19.07.2008 by - DaN -

Comments page 3 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 103   Visited by: 398 users
25.07.2008 - 19:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
No, I don't care if the guy is offended or not. I'm just saying that your comments could sound more easy to understand/smart if you just talk in a impartial way. Somthing that obviously you can't do. Maybe I'm asking too much.

and answering your question is kinda easy for me. Because IMO is just popularity [statement that is unnecesary to quote since it's only my opinion]
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.07.2008 - 21:09
brapp32
if you think any part of this argument has been remotely intelligent, you got a real problem.
26.07.2008 - 00:17
ß
Problem?
I read this whole thread and I must say I was quite amused. I want to direct this to Rapp32. Why must you bitch when someone dislikes Slipknot? and we can say Slipknot doesn't make good music all we want it's our opinions get over yourself. To some of us it sounds like generic boring shit. Some like it some don't.

I wouldn't care if someone dissed a band I listened to I say sure thats your'e opinion I don't bitch at them for it unlike you. Don't bother posting if your'e not going to contribute or just bitch at people for difference in opinions.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
26.07.2008 - 00:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by brapp32 on 25.07.2008 at 21:09

if you think any part of this argument has been remotely intelligent, you got a real problem.

You always miss my point.
I'm sorry. I just can't talk to people like you... End of discussion.
----
Rod, let me love you.
26.07.2008 - 01:42
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Who the hell is Mushroomhead? As for Gwar not making any money I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that most people only want to go to a Gwar show before they die, not too concerned with picking up their music (which is mostly awful IMO.) But just because a band makes a lot of money doesn't make them any better than other bands, in fact I believe the opposite is true in some weird, twisted way.
26.07.2008 - 03:15
brapp32
Ill bitch all I want about you jerkoffs making fun of Slipknot. If you don't like it ignore it. Bitch. Bitch. Bitch. Just like you can write what you want so can I. Deal with it.
26.07.2008 - 03:34
brapp32
Intro you really never heard of mushroomhead?? They claim slipknot stole their looK.
27.07.2008 - 02:37
Chaos
Account deleted
yes i have the last word...the masks sucks......yeah
27.07.2008 - 02:40
Chaos
Account deleted
ha ha ha ha ha hahahhahahahahhahahhahhahahahhaha im the divel
27.07.2008 - 22:53
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Written by brapp32 on 26.07.2008 at 03:34

Intro you really never heard of mushroomhead?? They claim slipknot stole their looK.

OMG I just looked Mushroomhead up on youtube Solitare Unraveling
That song makes Slipknot look like a band of musical virtuosos, I'm gonna go listen to Iowa now.
28.07.2008 - 03:23
brapp32
I watched a thing on headbangers ball and Chimaira was making fun of them. They're not one of my favorites. The bass players name is pig benis. That's kind of funny.
28.07.2008 - 05:05
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@rapp32: Where in any Slipknot music is there rapping...? Cory Taylor does singspiel and then does melodic singing along with going up the register at the end of lyrics with a bit of light grunting in the last few words from what I usually hear...
28.07.2008 - 07:20
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
@rapp32: grow up dude. I like Slipknot alot, and I know they're probably the most hated band in MS. But that is not gonna make me starta pointless arguement about them. I have my opinion, my fellow MSers have theirs. It's OK. If they want to whine and make fun of the band or the masks or whatever, it's OK. Get over it.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.07.2008 - 09:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
wow... *prepares to give out the biggest yawn in history*... ahh that was good lol
28.07.2008 - 16:45
brapp32
KapnKurupt Cory kind of does the rap thing in spit it out and a few other songs. But it's not like limp bizkit or hed pe style. Slipknot basically cut it out all together after their self titled album. Jonas you are basically telling me in your opinion that I shouldn't have an opinion about other peoples opinions. I'm sorry but that really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you want to stay quiet that's fine. I feel I don't have to. I care Alot about the bands I like and it's my right to defend them. I feel I don't have to get over it DUDE!!!!
28.07.2008 - 17:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Yo have an opinion about the peoples oponion its fine.

But not with pointless arguement or with insulting them. Sionce both things are really stupid.
----
Rod, let me love you.
28.07.2008 - 18:37
brapp32
Ok I could agree with that. I'll stop with the insults.
28.07.2008 - 20:51
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
IT sure has been a long time since people have gotten at each others throats on this caliber on MS...
28.07.2008 - 22:46
brapp32
it's all in good fun.
29.07.2008 - 14:13
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
You wanna fight KNK??!!!!
----
Rod, let me love you.
29.07.2008 - 23:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.07.2008 at 16:33

Written by brapp32 on 25.07.2008 at 04:55

Theres a pretty big difference between some glam fag getting a haircut and a guy changing a mask. I could care less about them getting new masks. I listen to them for the music. I like the whole get up with the masks but it wouldnt matter to me one way or another if they wore the masks or not. They don't sell albums because they where masks. They sell albums because they make music that people like. To me its pretty retarded that people would like or respect the music more if they didn't where the masks. Its still the same fucking band. Its also pretty sad that you timed yourself on how long it took you to write a message. If it 20 seconds or 20 minutes you still wasted time on something that means nothing to you. That's why you are a loser. I very very big loser. I can't wait for the new album. Slipknot is the shit.

Calm down man... Seriously.
And you have to admit it, If Slipknot was a band with only 5 mebers [because you can do that music with less members] and with no maks... It's quite obvious that not so many people would buy their albums as much as if they were a band with 9 members with freaky masks.

And that's a fact.

Thats kind of the point I was trying to make, he doesnt look for meaning or points in an argument, he seems to take them as personal attacks.

Written by brapp32 on 25.07.2008 at 04:55

If it 20 seconds or 20 minutes you still wasted time on something that means nothing to you. That's why you are a loser. I very very big loser.

Lol. Im sure you treat every second of your life like it was your last. Im at work, I have to be here, but Ive got nothing to do, I think its a fine time killer.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.07.2008 - 02:35
brapp32
I get a little angry when people don't back up their points. Go back and read the things you wrote, they are pretty much hot air. Nothing of substance, just what you think. Give some examples that support your opnion. I only called you a loser because you actually timed your self after you replied to a post that wasn't meant for you to reply to. But you did anyway. I guess you feel the need to just get yourself involved in as many things as possible. Everyone is entitled to their own opnion, just back it up with something. It's just as bad as me making fun of somebody. All we did was fill another page up with worthless comments.
30.07.2008 - 18:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by brapp32 on 30.07.2008 at 02:35

I get a little angry when people don't back up their points. Go back and read the things you wrote, they are pretty much hot air. Nothing of substance, just what you think. Give some examples that support your opnion. I only called you a loser because you actually timed your self after you replied to a post that wasn't meant for you to reply to. But you did anyway. I guess you feel the need to just get yourself involved in as many things as possible. Everyone is entitled to their own opnion, just back it up with something. It's just as bad as me making fun of somebody. All we did was fill another page up with worthless comments.

Then dont read and post, I totaly hate and dislice this band (if we can call this band band) but I dont post here and even didnt read news, title was enought dont read at all
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.07.2008 - 18:31
brapp32
That's what I've been saying the whole time. Why read and write about something you don't like.
30.07.2008 - 18:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by brapp32 on 30.07.2008 at 18:31

That's what I've been saying the whole time. Why read and write about something you don't like.

For bitching,spamming and insulting
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.07.2008 - 18:50
brapp32
Then let the bitching, spamming and insulting continue. If that's what makes you happy.
31.07.2008 - 01:11
ß
Problem?
Er can we just get over this? it's getting old.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
31.07.2008 - 04:16
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Staff! Someone Staff! Lucas? Baz? Ivan? Jeff? Anyone Staff!!!
Can a news topic be locked? This is becoming a bitch fight just because rapp32 can't accept that Sliknot is the most hated band in MS.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
31.07.2008 - 05:27
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Guest on 28.07.2008 at 05:05

@rapp32: Where in any Slipknot music is there rapping...? Cory Taylor does singspiel and then does melodic singing along with going up the register at the end of lyrics with a bit of light grunting in the last few words from what I usually hear...

I don't see any rap element in Slipknot's music either.
31.07.2008 - 05:47
Olli
All Hope Is Gone is shit. I liked Psychosocial though. But I still think Slipknot are losing their energy, i was reading an interview and one of the guys said that they feel stupid wearing overalls and masks at their age. They also apparently wear masks because they think it gives them more stage presence and makes live shows better. That seems like a pretty good reason to me, but if they feel stupid while playing their music they shouldn't be doing it.
But whatever, hopefully this album will be good, I used to really like Slipknot but got bored of their material.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."

Hits total: 18298 | This month: 7