05. The Enigmatic Form
06. A Gathering Of Imaginations
07. Through Alchemy Bound Eternal
08. ...and Time Begins
09. Await The Unending
10. Essence Of Creation
11. The Morpheus Oracle

This was surely a good twist!

Decrepit Birth was one of those bands that?for a lack of a better word?sucked! I think I even fell asleep when "?And Time Begins" was about to end, it was a very generic album, most of the riffs sounded like Suffocation on uppers, blast-beats with jammed guitar-work and nothing else, Of course the band had good moments, but generally speaking that album was just mediocre?but my oh my, the band changed everything that was wrong with them and updated all of the good perks they had, they finally created an album worth of their powerful name.

So, "Diminishing Between Worlds" is a great album, it almost sounds like a completely different band; now Decrepit Birth sounds ten times more brutal and even more complex than before, it still sounds like Suffocation and Deeds Of Flesh though, but that's a good thing, this time they took their influences and added a huge pallet of chromatic sounds and amazing riffs, they don't just sit back and enjoy the "copy-paste" orgy, they actually create and offer something unique and really intense.

There must be a source for all this greatness too! As you can see, this band is now a trio (at least when they recorded this piece), the drummer is a member of Odious Mortem, one of last year's most promising bands, that might have helped a lot as most of the breakdowns and hooks have a catchy beat provided mostly by drum-patterns, well, I don't like to rest power from the other instruments, Sotelo does an amazing job with his instruments indeed, but to be honest, one of the most interesting features in this album comes in the drumming, seriously!

I highly recommend this album, is definitely one of the best brutal death releases this year, and with names like Prostitute Disfigurement and Origin releasing albums too, believe me, that's saying a lot.

Best Tracks: "The Living Doorway", "Diminishing Between Worlds", "Await The Unending"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Herzebeth | 23.07.2008

Comments

Comments: 14   Visited by: 222 users
23.07.2008 - 00:55
Rating: 9
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Agreed - this is a huge step up and one of the better albums released this year. I guess they stopped urinating on under age women and started trying to learn how to write a song.
23.07.2008 - 00:59
Herzebeth

Written by Dangerboner on 23.07.2008 at 00:55

I guess they stopped urinating on under age women and started trying to learn how to write a song.

LOL, I kinda avoided making comments about that issue...but well...there you go hahaha
----
23.07.2008 - 01:04
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I love this album, but i can't find it anywhere for fuck sakes. I'm going to have to purchase it online.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
23.07.2008 - 01:18
Black_Handed
A village idiot
i havent heard this one yet, read a few reviews though. some claimed that it lacked soul. whats your view on that herz?

btw: just to quote you
Quote:

Sure, it sounds good and it is very entertaining, but it lacks the only thing it promises to deliver; in my opinion that's why people is liking this so much, most people hate Brutal Death, so here comes this album wearing the BDM banner, people try it and hear something bearable...Voilá...a "great" album is born thanks to the media. It's surely fast and hostile, but it's not Brutal Death Metal.

and now origin are brutal death , you should learn to be a bit more consistent. haha PP
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
23.07.2008 - 02:08
sq_xeper

Its very different from its predecedor, way more better, has a lot of techniques and progressive moments, but I kinda feel that after a while all those techniques sound a little monotonous, although I would still rate it with an 8, 'cause they definetely evolved a lot
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
23.07.2008 - 17:32
Herzebeth

Written by Black_Handed on 23.07.2008 at 01:18

i havent heard this one yet, read a few reviews though. some claimed that it lacked soul. whats your view on that herz?

Quote:

Sure, it sounds good and it is very entertaining, but it lacks the only thing it promises to deliver; in my opinion that's why people is liking this so much, most people hate Brutal Death, so here comes this album wearing the BDM banner, people try it and hear something bearable...Voilá...a "great" album is born thanks to the media. It's surely fast and hostile, but it's not Brutal Death Metal.

and now origin are brutal death , you should learn to be a bit more consistent. haha PP

I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to say, Decrepit Birth IS Brutal Death, they are good at it, they create explosive music for brutal people...

...While Origin is just a band trying to copy bands LIKE decrepit birth or suffocation...they suck at it too, so I don't know what your point is my friend...

About your first question, what's my view on those reviews?

well, most reviewers out there don't know shit about what they are reviewing, rarely you'll find a site that lets the reviewer hand-pick the album he wants to review...METAL STORM IS ONE OF THEM...so, believe me, it has nothing to do with soul or whatever, albums don't have a soul ya know? that's just a retorical way to write an adorned review about a band that they don't fully get....so, if you want to know my thoughts about the music, there's the review
----
23.07.2008 - 17:50
Black_Handed
A village idiot
Written by Herzebeth on 23.07.2008 at 17:32

Written by Black_Handed on 23.07.2008 at 01:18

Quote:

I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to say, Decrepit Birth IS Brutal Death, they are good at it, they create explosive music for brutal people...

...While Origin is just a band trying to copy bands LIKE decrepit birth or suffocation...they suck at it too, so I don't know what your point is my friend...

About your first question, what's my view on those reviews?

well, most reviewers out there don't know shit about what they are reviewing, rarely you'll find a site that lets the reviewer hand-pick the album he wants to review...METAL STORM IS ONE OF THEM...so, believe me, it has nothing to do with soul or whatever, albums don't have a soul ya know? that's just a retorical way to write an adorned review about a band that they don't fully get....so, if you want to know my thoughts about the music, there's the review

slightly misunderstood, so:
Quote:

I highly recommend this album, is definitely one of the best brutal death releases this year, and with names like Prostitute Disfigurement and Origin releasing albums too, believe me, that's saying a lot.

what i meant was that in this statement youre calling Origin brutal death metal as well, along with Prostitue Disfurement and Decrepit Birth.

2nd. that question wasnt aimed at those reviews. i was just asking how would you rate the "level of soul" on this album, since quite a few other reviews called it soulles.

so sry for the confusion created , next time ill state my points more precisely.
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
23.07.2008 - 18:52
Visioneerie
Urban Monster

No, no, no ... and no. I really don't see how origin falls in with suffocation or decrepit birth. Though it's crystal clear you have something against origin, so i'll spare my words and not bitch about it.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
23.07.2008 - 21:59
Herzebeth

Written by Visioneerie on 23.07.2008 at 18:52

No, no, no ... and no. I really don't see how origin falls in with suffocation or decrepit birth. Though it's crystal clear you have something against origin, so i'll spare my words and not bitch about it.

I don't have anything against Origin, actually, informis infinitas inhumanitas is a good album...but their new album isn't good, not that it means much, but I've seen people with COF, COB and HIM T-Shirts buying that album, I've seen people buying Lacrimas Profundere CD's while saying "dude, the new origin rocks"....The point is, BDM is supposed to be filthy and only for deranged people, people who like doom or similar genres are not supposed to bare the noise of the genre...oh well, maybe it's just me...
----
23.07.2008 - 23:59
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Herzebeth on 23.07.2008 at 21:59

I don't have anything against Origin, actually, informis infinitas inhumanitas is a good album...but their new album isn't good, not that it means much, but I've seen people with COF, COB and HIM T-Shirts buying that album, I've seen people buying Lacrimas Profundere CD's while saying "dude, the new origin rocks"....The point is, BDM is supposed to be filthy and only for deranged people, people who like doom or similar genres are not supposed to bare the noise of the genre...oh well, maybe it's just me...

Well it's a disgrace to see people with cob t-shirts and the sort buying Antithesis, that's just horrible and i can't understand how they can listen to that kind of stuff and Origin at the same time. To be honest, antithesis isn't a bdm album, and i've said that before, though i'm able to appreciate it .

And if ever i want to listen to some bdm, i'll go towards some Suffocation, DoF, Visceral Bleeding, etc. and also this great album diminishing between worlds, that i would love to buy, amazon is my only choice now. anyways, the scene is what it is, if you ask me, there might even be some random dude out there who likes cob ... and also listens to Disgorge, it's quite possible, as fucked up and disturbing as it is .
----
24.07.2008 - 00:41
Rupert

About all these CoB people liking BDM, who cares? I for one like most things I listen to, and if I don't, I do eventually. Good review by the way
25.07.2008 - 21:12
Metal Freak

Agreed. They're all good bands, but Origin avoids that dark New York-style Incantation/Suffocation sound, so I wouldn't call it copying. They're just doing their own thing and doing it well.
----
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
--Steven Weinberg
17.10.2008 - 19:39
Kasper

This album has really grown on me.. That I find this album amazing, I love every single song on the album.
I really recommend this album to people who appreciate brutal death metal.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
24.10.2009 - 21:51
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
A Killer Album.Hail Decrepit Birth

Hits total: 7790 | This month: 8