Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth - Reveal Album Title And Tracklisting

Cradle Of Filth has set "Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder" as the title of its new album. The album is expected to be released in October via Roadrunner Records. The new labum is a 72-minute concept record about a legendary serial killer from the 15th Century, Gilles De Rais, a French nobleman who fought alongside Joan of Arc and accumulated great wealth before becoming a satanist, sexual deviant and a murderer.

"Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder" track listing:

01. In Grandeur And Frankincense Devilment Stirs
02. Shat Out Of Hell
03. The Death Of Love
04. The 13th Caesar
05. Tiffauges
06. Tragic Kingdom
07. Sweetest Maleficia
08. Honey And Sulphur
09. Midnight Shadows Crawl To Darken Counsel With Life
10. Darkness Incarnate
11. Ten Leagues Beneath Contempt
12. Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder
13. Corpseflower

Source: euro.thegauntlet.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Posted: 23.07.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 46   Visited by: 274 users
23.07.2008 - 09:54
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
sounds like nostradamus without the sexual deviancy and satanism. this album/concept could either end well or very badly, with very little in between.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.07.2008 - 10:03
NECURATU
I say very badly I mean, In Grandeur and Frankincense Devilment Stirs!!! Raaarrgh!!!
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
23.07.2008 - 12:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
@ the pic, gay as hell, but the album and song titles are even gayer! i mean.. Corpseflower? hahaahha
23.07.2008 - 12:50
flamesoficarus
some of those titles are grim hahaha
23.07.2008 - 13:38
Vengeance
they spoke of it in earlier news, i really do hope they manage to gravitate this to a more serious direction. another Cruelty and The Beast is an expectation best abandoned, besides, I'd rather hear them doing something different than their past efforts.
23.07.2008 - 13:46
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
This is probably a spoof just like they did before xD 'Shat out of hell'... holy cow...
23.07.2008 - 15:21
TheBigRossowski
Cradle of Filth.... a concept album? We'll see how this one goes, I'll definitely have to download it though, that cannot be worth the money! I wanted to have an album about serial killers though! Thanks for ruining that!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
23.07.2008 - 15:31
Chaos
Account deleted
Damn...i never thought that music will be as bad as thare faces...what the hell is going on with gothic metal these days??!!
23.07.2008 - 16:01
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Can't wait! Finally the comeback with a concept, as the past glorious times... Looking forward!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
23.07.2008 - 18:13
- DaN -
KaminarI
will this album be more black metal like from cradle to enslave or will be more gothic like thornograpy???
xD
----
 [b][red]I just knell to god... and I'm not seeing him here. !!!
23.07.2008 - 18:50
"Shat Out of Hell"?!?! Really?

::sigh::
23.07.2008 - 19:30
Arcesse Eum
Written by TheBigRossowski on 23.07.2008 at 15:21

Cradle of Filth.... a concept album? We'll see how this one goes, I'll definitely have to download it though, that cannot be worth the money! I wanted to have an album about serial killers though! Thanks for ruining that!

They've had 2 so far, why is that a suprise
----
As above, so below.
23.07.2008 - 19:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Those song titles are hilarious. "Shat Out Of Hell"? Sounds like the title of a vulgar Weird Al Yankovich song,
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.07.2008 - 20:12
a MasT
hahahaha shat out of hell
23.07.2008 - 21:11
Stuart
MiseryKing
no doubt, these album will be widely hated by everyone.... irrespective of how good it is or isn't
23.07.2008 - 23:04
Whether or not Cradle of Filth can actually be considered metal, I think they have some good material. I've just never cared for Dani's vocals. They remind me of Corey Taylor's in that Dani seems like he's trying to let out a full on scream but only manages to churn out an annoying whine.
23.07.2008 - 23:27
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
The title makes me remember one of the "101 rules of Black Metal" haha, you know that one of the "more than three words album titles" hehe
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
24.07.2008 - 02:18
Talvi
Best band ever
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
24.07.2008 - 02:59
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
FFS do these guys have no end? This is like their 20th album or something!
24.07.2008 - 06:08
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Written by - DaN - on 23.07.2008 at 18:13

will this album be more black metal like from cradle to enslave or will be more gothic like thornograpy???
xD

I read in a magazine that it's going sound more like Cruelty and the Beast. I guess they want to change to the old school... They're gonna do a European tour with Gorgoroth, and then an American tour with Satyricon... THAT'S STRANGE !!
24.07.2008 - 06:57
Metal George
Why do people comment on this sellout band? Go listen to Immortal and demand that their new album come out as soon as possible!
24.07.2008 - 16:57
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 06:57

Why do people comment on this sellout band? Go listen to Immortal and demand that their new album come out as soon as possible!

Well i dont like COF at all but Immortal isnt really a great choice either, probably one of the most mundane and reptitive bands in the world <instert predictable galloping drums and 2 bar tabs here>
24.07.2008 - 18:10
Shadowcross
The Summoner
didn't really like thornography or nymphetamine.. hopefully this will break that downward spiral. i liked the earlier gothic sound of dusk etc
24.07.2008 - 20:26
Hamird
Lieutenant
Honey And Sulphur is an interesting name ... But as I said before, the name is not enough to make songs well, they must back to their pre-2000 era manners to release passable albums.
24.07.2008 - 20:28
Metal George
Written by Guest on 24.07.2008 at 16:57

Well i dont like COF at all but Immortal isnt really a great choice either, probably one of the most mundane and reptitive bands in the world <instert predictable galloping drums and 2 bar tabs here>

I still think Immortal is still better than COF. What would you suggest to listen to?
24.07.2008 - 20:51
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 20:28

I still think Immortal is still better than COF. What would you suggest to listen to?

Huh. Empror is better than both Immortal and Cradle of Filth but its irrelevant to this news
24.07.2008 - 23:26
Stuart
MiseryKing
Written by AMonitorDarkly on 23.07.2008 at 23:04

Whether or not Cradle of Filth can actually be considered metal, I think they have some good material. I've just never cared for Dani's vocals. They remind me of Corey Taylor's in that Dani seems like he's trying to let out a full on scream but only manages to churn out an annoying whine.

What a ridiculous thing to say, of course CoF are metal, whether you like them or not does not dictate whether they are metal are not. when people can't differentiate between personal opinion and reality it becomes very concerning for their mental health.
25.07.2008 - 01:43
Fat & Sassy!
elite

I don't mean to intrude on your meaningful conversation, but I think that Graveworm's As the Angels Reach the Beauty is better than ANYTHING Cradle of Filth could ever conceive of. That's what you should listen to. Someone, please tell me why Graveworm's beautiful music goes SO underlooked, but COF can just crap out any over-the-top nonsense... and people will just gobble it up. I mean, I like some of COF's stuff, and Graveworm's music has taken a dip in awesomeness over these past few years... but come on. Why is anybody even paying attention to COF anymore?
25.07.2008 - 05:39
Mull666
sounds as gay as thornography, they will never reach the same level of art of Vempire, Cruelty and Dusk because 1. their lame ass record label and 2. Danni is shit and cant screech anymore, so his poor excuse for growls is even worse! so technically this band is effectively dead as the bands main member is useless. Stop releasing shit and making things worse says i
25.07.2008 - 05:44
Mull666
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 25.07.2008 at 01:43

I don't mean to intrude on your meaningful conversation, but I think that Graveworm's As the Angels Reach the Beauty is better than ANYTHING Cradle of Filth could ever conceive of. That's what you should listen to. Someone, please tell me why Graveworm's beautiful music goes SO underlooked, but COF can just crap out any over-the-top nonsense... and people will just gobble it up. I mean, I like some of COF's stuff, and Graveworm's music has taken a dip in awesomeness over these past few years... but come on. Why is anybody even paying attention to COF anymore?

O heavens i could agree more!!!:banger: I only recently discovered graveworm and Scourge of Malice is like my favourite album ever!! Triple recommend to any melodeath, symphonic black or gothic metal fans

Hits total: 5615 | This month: 14