Metal Storm logo
The Joke Thread (the sequel)

Original post

Posted by Introspekrieg, 26.07.2008 - 20:13
Freudian Slip
Two men are sitting next to each other on a train, both with black eyes. Naturally curious, the first man looks at the other and says,

"So, how'd you get the black eye?"

The other guy responds, "Well, it was a freudian slip."

"What's that?" the first asks

"It's when you mean to say one thing but say another that exposes what you thought." answers the second

Then the first guys waits a second and asks, "Oh. So what happened?"

"Well, i was buying my ticket for the train, and the woman at the desk had the biggest boobs i'd ever seen. So, when i meant to say 'two tickets to pittsburgh', i accidentally said 'two pickets to tittsburgh', hence the black eye."

And so the first guy responds. "You know, that's weird, something very similar happened to me. This morning, I was eating breakfast with my wife, and i meant to say "could you pass the jam", but i accidentally said, "you ruined my life you stupid whore."
19.06.2014 - 23:09
Mattybu

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gun shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says "OK, now what?"

______

According to wikipedia, that won some kind of "funniest joke in the world thing". Which is a little bit of a joke in and of itself. But to use that to describe what a punchline is:

When the operator told the guy to "make sure his friend is dead" he obviously meant to check his pulse and stuff like that, and make sure the hunter didn't overlook some factor that would suggest he might still be alive. So when the hunter shoots him, it's "funny" because it isn't what
the audience would expect, and the hunter ends up looking like an idiot, which is also a funny concept a lot of the time. He then goes on to ask the operator what to do next, which is also stupid, because the only point of calling an emergency operator is to save someone's life, or get them help of some kind.

Although, that is only one kind of joke, and the basic kind at that, but the teacher-13 story thing doesn't really fit any kind of joke.

I think the teacher-13 story doesn't have anything unexpected or inherently funny to make up a punchline. I can see someone being amused by it (since it's somewhat clever), but the typical goal of a joke is laughing.
20.07.2014 - 10:14
Ernis
狼獾
A guy was seated opposite a 10-year-old girl on a train. Being bored, he turned to the girl and said, "Let's talk. I've heard that time will pass more quickly if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The girl, who was reading a book, closed it slowly and said to the guy, "What would you like to talk about?"

"Oh, I don't know," said the guy. "How about quantum physics?"

"All right," she said. "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow and a deer all eat the same stuff... grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

The guy thought about it and said, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the girl replied, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss quantum physics when you don't know shit?"
20.07.2014 - 15:20
Ilham
Giant robot
Haha, now that is a joke.
20.07.2014 - 21:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I think that's the funniest thing Ernis' ever posted in this thread.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.07.2014 - 00:01
mz

Someone kills his wife, then he gets upgrades and goes to the next level.
As pointless as some "jokes" here.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
21.07.2014 - 00:21
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by mz on 21.07.2014 at 00:01

Someone kills his wife, then he gets upgrades and goes to the next level.
As pointless as some "jokes" here.

Wha?
21.07.2014 - 00:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah I'm gonna have to second that "Wha?"
21.07.2014 - 00:32
mz

Yeah it was meant to show that some jokes here does not have any association with real jokes. In the other words, do not look for any type of logic there
----
21.07.2014 - 00:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Well your joke is bad and you should feel bad.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.07.2014 - 01:16
mz

It was not a joke but I feel bad anyway :'(
----
21.07.2014 - 01:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Troy you should feel about about making mz feel bad about his bad non-joke.
21.07.2014 - 01:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Ok that made no sense.
21.07.2014 - 01:35
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Yeah, it didn't.
You should feel bad about your senseless comment about Troy having to feel bad about making mz feel bad about his bad non-joke
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
21.07.2014 - 01:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I do. I truly do.
21.07.2014 - 01:37
Ilham
Giant robot
This is ironically the least funny thread ever.
21.07.2014 - 01:39
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I agree. This thread is a joke
We should call it "the joke thread"
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
22.07.2014 - 00:36
Mattybu

A man tries to catch another man in the ball pit at chuck e cheeses and the other guy dives below and says "bazinga" every time he surfaces
22.07.2014 - 00:49
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 22.07.2014 at 00:36

A man tries to catch another man in the ball pit at chuck e cheeses and the other guy dives below and says "bazinga" every time he surfaces

Lmao. You should seriously lay off TBBT.
22.07.2014 - 00:58
Mattybu

Its weird I hate the show and NEVER laugh when I watch it but I watch it every now and then. I can totally turn my brain of for th at show so that's good

The ball pit scene is classic bazinga though
22.07.2014 - 01:00
Mattybu

A man walks into a bar and says "typing on a phone sucks balls"
22.07.2014 - 02:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Mattybu on 22.07.2014 at 01:00

Not funny.
----
22.07.2014 - 02:45
Mattybu

Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.07.2014 at 02:41

Written by Mattybu on 22.07.2014 at 01:00

Not funny.

Better than "A man walks into a bar and says, ouch". Actually sadly it probably isn't even
22.07.2014 - 02:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
It's worse. The "ouch" punchline at least has some originality to it.

If you were on stage I would have thrown a tomato at you.
----
22.07.2014 - 02:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
A man walks into a bar. He orders a pint of beer and has a very nice time.
22.07.2014 - 02:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Thank you for injecting some funny back into the thread, Joe.
----
22.07.2014 - 02:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
*Bows*
22.07.2014 - 03:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
So a man comes into a bar... Oh wait. It was a horse. Silly me.

So a man comes into a horse...

(I know it's old, but fuck it)
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.07.2014 - 03:03
Ilham
Giant robot
This is just awkward.
28.07.2014 - 05:30
Mattybu

A man walks into a bar and orders a round of drinks. He gets progressively more and more drunk, and is pretty wasted by the end of the night. The bartender cuts him off for the night, and he returns to his Las Vegas hotel and has great difficulty trying to eat a cheeseburger whilst lying on the floor, the whole incident being filmed by his daughter
28.07.2014 - 12:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
^ that's not a joke (since it lacked a punchline). It's just a description of an infamous David Hasselhoff night on the town which can be seen here http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/20673/
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996