08. Odeleggelse Og Undergang
09. Blood Stains the Circle
10. Unchain My Heart!!!
11. Revelation Of Doom
12. Destroyer
13. Incipit Satan
14. Destroyer [Live at With Full Force Festival 2000] [bonus]
15. Incipit Satan [Live at With Full Force Festival 2000] [bonus]

Let me tell you that if you're looking for emotion, the last DVD of the Norwegians of Gorgoroth will be perfect for you. You've probably already heard things about the famous controversial show recorded in Kraków in 2004 where the band used to play on a really "dirty" stage and if you weren't there at least you'll be able to see what it was now. People who are chocked by Cradle Of Filth's video clips? this is definitely not for you!

To begin, I really have to describe the stage of this "event". This day, Gorgoroth has played on a stage full of dead sheep heads (impaled on sticks or not), with four nude crucified people? This is extremely shocking for someone who cannot stand Satanism, a bit funnier and pathetic for someone who don't believe in it (like me) but let's be honest, this stage was well done and I understand now why this show was so controversial. On the other hand, I'm sorry to say that but this is not the music of the band which is really attractive here. I've never been into Gorgoroth sound and this is not the few songs featured on this DVD which will convince me to change my opinion about this band. I'm sure that the fans will be happy by this DVD, but it's a bit short (no more than 55 minutes) and a lot of songs of the discography of the Black Metal combo are missing. Plus this is really repetitive and even a bit boring on a side... That's a bit sad, it could be longer and a bit more attractive?

At least the DVD is perfectly filmed and the director has found the way to show the great ambiance of the concert through the images of the DVD (that's not so hard on a side when you know which kind of "things" are featured on stage?). Musically speaking, this is Gorgoroth, not the best Black Metal produced on Earth but still, that's something solid and it's just a bit disappointed to see here that the band is not so active on stage. The guys are all really static this is just the lights and the stage itself which did the show here but the performance of the musicians was really correct nonetheless. The DVD is short and doesn't feature any kind of important bonuses; it's too simple and too short. I was a good idea to record this show but the final product is just too poor unfortunately?

If you're a Gorgoroth fan, I think that "Black Mass Kraków 2004" is a must. This is probably not the best concert ever played but there is something malicious in this DVD and the ambiance is just great. Though of course you really have to like the band if you want to enjoy this DVD because really if you're not into Gorgoroth, I'm afraid that you'll be bored by this concert after two songs only. "Black Mass Kraków 2004" is a must for the fans and a curiosity for the ones who want to see a real nasty Black Metal show.

Written by Jeff | 02.08.2008

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 34   Visited by: 303 users
30.01.2011 - 00:06
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Martin_metal on 29.01.2011 at 23:14
I read his review. But my point is that i rather read a review from a person who likes and understand the band, then someone who don´t are in to their sound. I mean only cos you love, like or adore a band you can give some critism.
There are a lot of bands that i like much, but that dosn´t mean that I would like everything that the band put out...

so i guess criticism of gorgoroth can only be given if it comes from lifelong gorgoroth fans then? whatever.

another user who doesn't like a review and cannot fathom the notion of someone being able to write a review for a band that either are not particularly fond of or are unfamiliar with.

consulting the MetalStorm Drinking Game... survey says:

Take three drinks, gamers!
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.01.2011 - 00:54
Rating: 9
Martin_metal

Yes they can, but like I first wrote. Its more fair if the person likes and understand the band. If I dosn´t like or thinks a band is booring and so on, i dont wast my time on a rewiew. But thats me..
30.01.2011 - 01:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Martin_metal on 30.01.2011 at 00:54

Yes they can, but like I first wrote. Its more fair if the person likes and understand the band. If I dosn´t like or thinks a band is booring and so on, i dont wast my time on a rewiew. But thats me..

and yet you have wasted how much time here? commenting on the review, then commenting when others rebuke your comments.

----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.01.2011 - 01:29
Rating: 9
Martin_metal

Not the same thing, im only disqusting this rewiew, cos like i said..

Hits total: 9056 | This month: 8