08. Odeleggelse Og Undergang
09. Blood Stains the Circle
10. Unchain My Heart!!!
11. Revelation Of Doom
12. Destroyer
13. Incipit Satan
14. Destroyer [Live at With Full Force Festival 2000] [bonus]
15. Incipit Satan [Live at With Full Force Festival 2000] [bonus]

Let me tell you that if you're looking for emotion, the last DVD of the Norwegians of Gorgoroth will be perfect for you. You've probably already heard things about the famous controversial show recorded in Kraków in 2004 where the band used to play on a really "dirty" stage and if you weren't there at least you'll be able to see what it was now. People who are chocked by Cradle Of Filth's video clips? this is definitely not for you!

To begin, I really have to describe the stage of this "event". This day, Gorgoroth has played on a stage full of dead sheep heads (impaled on sticks or not), with four nude crucified people? This is extremely shocking for someone who cannot stand Satanism, a bit funnier and pathetic for someone who don't believe in it (like me) but let's be honest, this stage was well done and I understand now why this show was so controversial. On the other hand, I'm sorry to say that but this is not the music of the band which is really attractive here. I've never been into Gorgoroth sound and this is not the few songs featured on this DVD which will convince me to change my opinion about this band. I'm sure that the fans will be happy by this DVD, but it's a bit short (no more than 55 minutes) and a lot of songs of the discography of the Black Metal combo are missing. Plus this is really repetitive and even a bit boring on a side... That's a bit sad, it could be longer and a bit more attractive?

At least the DVD is perfectly filmed and the director has found the way to show the great ambiance of the concert through the images of the DVD (that's not so hard on a side when you know which kind of "things" are featured on stage?). Musically speaking, this is Gorgoroth, not the best Black Metal produced on Earth but still, that's something solid and it's just a bit disappointed to see here that the band is not so active on stage. The guys are all really static this is just the lights and the stage itself which did the show here but the performance of the musicians was really correct nonetheless. The DVD is short and doesn't feature any kind of important bonuses; it's too simple and too short. I was a good idea to record this show but the final product is just too poor unfortunately?

If you're a Gorgoroth fan, I think that "Black Mass Kraków 2004" is a must. This is probably not the best concert ever played but there is something malicious in this DVD and the ambiance is just great. Though of course you really have to like the band if you want to enjoy this DVD because really if you're not into Gorgoroth, I'm afraid that you'll be bored by this concert after two songs only. "Black Mass Kraków 2004" is a must for the fans and a curiosity for the ones who want to see a real nasty Black Metal show.

Written by Jeff | 02.08.2008

Comments

Comments: 34   Visited by: 304 users
03.08.2008 - 02:46
Rating: 9
Infidel
Child of Hell
man, good review and I must say that this concert is not so bad. The songs are good and the scene is very good as well, the best I've ever seen. And I have to say that I've never been into Gorgoroth sound but how I said, there's something what's making this DVD so strange and special.
03.08.2008 - 15:50
Damnated
Churchburner
"This is extremely shocking for someone who cannot stand Satanism" i lold. you really think that a few naked people and a dozen sheep head have anything to do with satanism?

although i agree that the music itself is nothing spectacular, the show was good, definitely worth watching. you could have said more.. not just "short, boring, short, boring"
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.08.2008 - 15:56
Warman
Erotic Stains
I must have this!
----
03.08.2008 - 16:07
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Written by Damnated on 03.08.2008 at 15:50

"This is extremely shocking for someone who cannot stand Satanism" i lold. you really think that a few naked people and a dozen sheep head have anything to do with satanism?

Sorry but crucified naked people are linked to Satanism yes. And the proof is that the tapes were requisitioned by the Polish police during several months. That's not me who believe that it's shocking dude but I can uderstand that it's shocking for someone who is into religious stuff
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
03.08.2008 - 16:17
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Jeff on 03.08.2008 at 16:07

Sorry but crucified naked people are linked to Satanism yes. And the proof is that the tapes were requisitioned by the Polish police during several months. That's not me who believe that it's shocking dude but I can uderstand that it's shocking for someone who is into religious stuff

crucifixion was a punishment used by the Romans... how is that related to satanism..? perhaps the romans were satanist.. hm.. AND THAT IS WHY THEY KILLED JESUS!!!

those models were not crucified though. they were standing on small boards and their hands were tied to the cross. they stood there quite comfy.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.08.2008 - 16:22
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Written by Damnated on 03.08.2008 at 16:17

crucifixion was a punishment used by the Romans... how is that related to satanism..? perhaps the romans were satanist.. hm.. AND THAT IS WHY THEY KILLED JESUS!!!

those models were not crucified though. they were standing on small boards and their hands were tied to the cross. they stood there quite comfy.

Thank you for the history lesson dude, I didn't know that!

Too bad if you cannot see the image and the link (and damn of course that they weren't not really crucified lol).
----
03.08.2008 - 23:14
AMonitorDarkly

I have this coming in the mail, I can't wait to see it.
04.08.2008 - 02:02
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Damnated on 03.08.2008 at 16:17

But why did they put those chicks in such manner? To give a history lesson or to make a direct allusion to Christ's crucifixion? The intentions behind it must have been to give a message of repulsion to Christianity. Whether that is an act of Satanism may be subject to the meaning you have for that term, but that it was done to make some type of mockery of Christianity that is undeniable. Somehow, Jeff is right.

Haven't seen the DVD but I plan to buy it.
----
Christless
04.08.2008 - 04:44
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Darth Satanious on 04.08.2008 at 02:02

But why did they put those chicks in such manner? To give a history lesson or to make a direct allusion to Christ's crucifixion? The intentions behind it must have been to give a message of repulsion to Christianity. Whether that is an act of Satanism may be subject to the meaning you have for that term, but that it was done to make some type of mockery of Christianity that is undeniable. Somehow, Jeff is right.

it was a mockery of course. but there's a long road from mocking christianity to satanism.
----

04.08.2008 - 13:32
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Of course Damnated we agree here! But it's Gorgoroth, and in general they don't talk about flowers and dragons in their lyrics
----
06.08.2008 - 06:58
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Damnated on 04.08.2008 at 04:44

Written by Darth Satanious on 04.08.2008 at 02:02

it was a mockery of course. but there's a long road from mocking christianity to satanism.

To the eyes of a Christian, that can be an act of Satanism.
----
Christless
08.08.2008 - 00:34
konstans
Account deleted
Gorgoroth - Black Mass Kraków 2004 this is the best black metal DVD hi on the reviews each a bit low I can't understand why those who like Black metal they must have the picture is very good the sound also there is too many sheet happening but for me it's bullish it I don't take them very serious if you liked gorgoroth very highly recommend this kostas:wall:
08.08.2008 - 20:25
DoomGuard

If you don't like Gorgoroth then why are you reviewing one of their albums?

It's unnecessary and if you don't like the music oh well, don't give it a bad review if your not into the band, just don't review it....If thats the case i should go give all the Suicide Silence CDs bad reviews....
09.08.2008 - 01:27
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
does someone have to like a band to review something?

are you questioning the capability of Jeff to objectively view/listen to a piece and make a credible analysis of it?

what good would the review have been if it came from a hard core Gorgoroth fan?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.08.2008 - 01:55
Sunioj

Yeah, what's the fun in reviewing albums by bands that you only like, that would make it boring and could make it biased.
09.08.2008 - 08:25
konstans
Account deleted
People that they don't like black metal it's very normal they don't have to say anything good about ET is ther opinion and and I respect them if you in to gorgoroth music by this dvd and you'll never regret it
11.08.2008 - 06:23
konstans
Account deleted
I also own the life CD gorgoroth if you don't like to see or this crazy thinks happened in the consert the CD is excellent sorry guys but I like him so much I am in a dark hole and I can only see SATAN I am just kidding of course by the way when you review something you must have opened mine if you' don't like specific kind of music I don't think you are capable to give the right review of course it's a free warl everybody have opinion and no hard feelings we are metalheds:wall:
11.08.2008 - 12:47
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Just to fix the point. Stop to believe that I don't like Black Metal and that I'm shocked by Satan or anything. I like good Black Metal and I fucking don't care about Satan. As I say in the review I think that it was a good show but I found Gorgoroth music boring... So sorry I won't say that it was good to say that it was good, it's not because it's Black Metal that everything is good guys. Wake up!
----
26.11.2009 - 17:18
SatyriconChick

I would love to get my hands on this DVD one of these days!
28.01.2011 - 17:30
Martin_metal

Why reviwing a dvd from a band who´s sound you never been into??
Moore fair if the reviewer really is in to the band and its sound..
28.01.2011 - 18:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Martin_metal on 28.01.2011 at 17:30

Why reviwing a dvd from a band who´s sound you never been into??
Moore fair if the reviewer really is in to the band and its sound..

Wrong - what's most fair is when someone judges an album without bias, regardless of liking or disliking the band they're reviewing.

Jeff proved in this review, despite his lack of interest in the band, that he is more than capable of objectivity. He saw the positive and the negative and presented both accordingly, coming to the conclusion that the DVD felt boring and unfortunately too short.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.01.2011 - 07:39
Martin_metal

Ok, so I should then reviewing a dvd from a band or genre that Im not in to, or maybe not like at all?
29.01.2011 - 08:18
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Martin_metal on 29.01.2011 at 07:39

Ok, so I should then reviewing a dvd from a band or genre that Im not in to, or maybe not like at all?

Jeff LIKES black metal. perhaps you skipped over that part in your fury to repudiate him. oops. your bad.

perhaps we should just let fanbois review everything, and anyone vaguely critical step back. that will make it that much easier for people to find an album worthy of plunking their hard-earned cash on, because EVERY album will be awesome, amirite?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.01.2011 - 14:54
RavenKing

Written by BitterCOld on 29.01.2011 at 08:18

perhaps we should just let fanbois review everything, and anyone vaguely critical step back. that will make it that much easier for people to find an album worthy of plunking their hard-earned cash on, because EVERY album will be awesome, amirite?

It feels like this is exactly what some people would like to see: read only positive comments and high ratings so they could continue to look at everything with pink-painted glasses. You know, fanboys don't like to see their bubble popped.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
29.01.2011 - 15:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.01.2011 at 18:51

Wrong - what's most fair is when someone judges an album without bias, regardless of liking or disliking the band they're reviewing.

100% agreed. Ive always thought that the most credible reviews are ones where the reviewer is completely unbiased about the band/genre they are reviewing. There has to be a degree of impartiality, otherwise it just comes off as a pointless excercise in blind praise, or blind hate.
29.01.2011 - 18:24
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 29.01.2011 at 15:07

100% agreed. Ive always thought that the most credible reviews are ones where the reviewer is completely unbiased about the band/genre they are reviewing. There has to be a degree of impartiality, otherwise it just comes off as a pointless excercise in blind praise, or blind hate.

Completely unbiased is impossible. You can't be 100% neutral when it comes to music because your judgment is influenced by the way you appreciate the material (if you like it or not).
That being said, it is possible to be fair and accurate but your opinion is always based a bit on "do I like it or not"?
----
29.01.2011 - 18:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 29.01.2011 at 18:24
Completely unbiased is impossible. You can't be 100% neutral when it comes to music because your judgment is influenced by the way you appreciate the material (if you like it or not).
That being said, it is possible to be fair and accurate but your opinion is always based a bit on "do I like it or not"?

It is impossible to be completely unbiased. lol However, it is definitely possible to have a degree of impartiality as far as reviewing goes. This isnt really possible though, if the level of bias either for or against a certain band/genre is too high. I think having an appreciation for a certain genre/band, but also being able to criticise it is where the best reviews come from. As you said, it is of course possible to be fair and accurate. But not if the level of bias is too high. At the end of the day though, reviews are merely one person's opinion. And is like you say, really purely down to "do I like it or not".

Which is why Ive never understood why some people get so worked up about reviews. Its just a single person's opinion, and shouldn't be treated with any more importance than that, just because it's presented in the form of a review.
29.01.2011 - 22:05
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 29.01.2011 at 18:40

Which is why Ive never understood why some people get so worked up about reviews. Its just a single person's opinion, and shouldn't be treated with any more importance than that, just because it's presented in the form of a review.

I will put it in a more direct and blunt way. If you disagree with a review, there's no need to act like a crybaby. All you need to do is saying in your mind "this guy's opinion, I put up my ass and it won't change my own opinion - I don't need the opinion of others to make my own decisions".

A bit rude and dismissive, maybe, but quite true in the end.
----
29.01.2011 - 22:29
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 29.01.2011 at 22:05
I will put it in a more direct and blunt way. If you disagree with a review, there's no need to act like a crybaby. All you need to do is saying in your mind "this guy's opinion, I put up my ass and it won't change my own opinion - I don't need the opinion of others to make my own decisions".

A bit rude and dismissive, maybe, but quite true in the end.

Yep, that is pretty much just a blunt way of saying what I just have. I dont get why some take reviews to heart, or even take them personally. Generally, I take most reviews with a pinch of salt, be they positive or negative. It can sometimes be interesting to read others' opinions on albums that I like or dislike, and I will add my own input if I wish to, but that's as far as it goes for me.
29.01.2011 - 23:14
Martin_metal

Written by BitterCOld on 29.01.2011 at 08:18

Written by Martin_metal on 29.01.2011 at 07:39

Jeff LIKES black metal. perhaps you skipped over that part in your fury to repudiate him. oops. your bad.

I read his review. But my point is that i rather read a review from a person who likes and understand the band, then someone who don´t are in to their sound. I mean only cos you love, like or adore a band you can give some critism.
There are a lot of bands that i like much, but that dosn´t mean that I would like everything that the band put out...

Hits total: 9077 | This month: 16