Metal Storm logo
Axel Rudi Pell - New Album Details

German metallers Axel Rudi Pell will release their new album, entitled "Tales Of The Crown", on October 24th in Germany (October 27th in the rest of Europe and October 28th in US/Canada) via SPV Records.

SPV press release:
"With an impressive seventeen releases in 19 years, the Axel Rudi Pell Band counts among the most consistent, lasting and creative acts in the whole of Europe. Very few German guitarists can point to as long and successful a career as the musician from Bochum, whose unmistakable signature marks not only his characteristic guitar style, but also his compositional skills. 27 October 2008 (Germany: 24 October 2008) will see the arrival of his eighteenth offering, "Tales Of The Crown", a haunting studio album featuring ten brand-new compositions. "Our fans will get just the kind of songs they have come to know and expect from me and my band", says Pell, adding, "plus a few little innovations". Axel Rudi Pell is referring to the contemporary touch which some of his latest tracks feature, mainly in terms of rhythm. "But don't worry, these modern approaches are only gradual and don't affect the typical flair of my songs".

Tales Of The Crown was recorded at Gelsenkirchen's Redhouse Studios by the tried and tested line-up consisting of Axel Rudi Pell, American vocalist Johnny Gioeli, keyboardist Ferdy Doernberg, bassist Volker Krawczak and drummer Mike Terrana. The album was produced by Axel Rudi Pell and sound engineer Charlie Bauerfeind, who also mixed the ten new numbers. Like its highly successful predecessor, the accomplished cover artwork was created by the Columbian artist, Felipe Machado Franco.

All those who were disappointed that the Axel Rudi Pell Band couldn't make this year's Wacken Open Air festival (vocalist Johnny Gioeli was unavailable due to commitments in the US) can look forward to their next tour in January/February 2009 - detailed concert dates to follow soon - and make a note in their diaries of the 20th anniversary W:O:A 2009, for which the band has already been confirmed."

"Tales Of The Crown" [cover] tracklisting:

01. Higher
02. Ain't Gonna Win
03. Angel Eyes
04. Crossfire
05. Touching My Soul
06. Emotional Echoes
07. Riding On An Arrow
08. Tales Of The Crown
09. Buried Alive
10. Northern Lights

Source: axel-rudi-pell.de
Band profile: Axel Rudi Pell
Posted: 03.08.2008 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 29 users
03.08.2008 - 17:14
whitepawel

Hope music's as good as cover
03.08.2008 - 19:12
Charly546

It's Axel Rudi Pell, can't go wrong with it. I hope at least.
03.08.2008 - 20:24
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
yeah axel rudi pell is pretty good with making good music hahaha
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 4342 | This month: 3