Metal Storm logo
Candlemass

17.05.2006 - 07:28
Valar
IndianSteel
Candlemass, the founders of epic doom metal.
Their First four albums Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, Nightfall, Ancient Dreams, Tales of Creation are flawless, and its very difficult to choose the best from these bests.

So defn there must be many Candlemass and epic doom metal fans around with views for this Epic band.

(Arguing If Candlemass was the first doom metal band or weather Epicus Doomicus Metallicus was the first doom metal album is what most of the times is discussed and i would recommend to keep away frm these "Arguable" issues)

Views About the band, albums and Fav tracks, news etc Post On....
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
17.05.2006 - 08:11
meTalcoholic

I'm not that fond of them but I love 'Solitude' that song is just absolutely amazing.
----

-ZEdarkangel (a.k.a. ZD/ZeeDee)

666, Number of the Beaaaaaast!!!!!!
17.05.2006 - 08:34
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I have a certain addiction to a few of their songs, like Well Of Souls and At The Gallows End.
Very cool band though, i do need to hear more.
17.05.2006 - 10:25
Lord Elden
Account deleted
I love the first four albums and the s/t album. Great band!
19.05.2006 - 02:11
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I'm joining Lord Elden on this one! My favorite album is "Epicus..." and favorite tracks must be "Solitude" (this is a track for my soul), "A Sorcers Plege" & "Born In a Tank". Seen them live last year and I can say all the guys are just great persons to talk to and really down to earth withouth a huge ego.
19.05.2006 - 02:44
__Az__

I have to say what ive heard from this band is minimal... Even though i have heard great reviews... However, from what I have heard I personally reaa;y rate this band, especially tracks such as 'Black Dwarf'... Its so epic... Such a masterpiece...
20.05.2006 - 22:13
Thryce
Retired Staff
Candlemass - Basic Tracks For New Album To Be Finished Tomorrow :

Swedish doom legends Candlemass have posted the following message at their official website :

"Not everything is clouded in the C-mass camp. The band is currently recording the new album with full force, again in
Stockholm's Polar Studios - the new place. Ten killer doom metal tracks are being put on tape (actually computer) right now. Leif (Edling - bass) has just finished his bass overdubs and now it is Lars (Johansson - guitar) turn to add his magic to the growing Candlemass pallet of doom. Rhythm guitars, solos, harmony guitars - maybe three days in total. By Sunday (May 21st) the basic tracks shall be finished. Then - in a smaller (and cheaper) studio - some keyboards, rough mixes, maybe more guitar overdubs, to make the eighth Candlemass studio recording as good as possible. And folks, it's a concept album. It is about the road to ruin in the modern society. Death, destruction and suicide = Pure Doom!!! If Messiah will sing on the album? The band certainly hope so! Check back for more info and photos."

(Source : http://www.candlemass.se)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
04.06.2006 - 13:24
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Excellent band. I love 'em. The first four albums were just supreme! My fav. vocalist is without a doubt Marcolin. Nightfall, Ancient Dreams and Tales Of Creation are just AMAZING albums! The s/t is quite good too.

On a more humourous note, I saw the video of Mirror Mirror and it was hilarious . Marcolin with a cape and all that. Very funny!
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
04.06.2006 - 18:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I don't really love them. I have the album 'Epicus Doomicus Metallicus', and I didn't really like it. Sure, it are good songs, but nothing outstanding, IMO. Or, and that is more likely, I'm not a big fan of Doom. It is too 'soft' for me. I thought I'd like it, since I like Funeral Doom, Death/Doom & Black/Doom, but I didn't really like 'Normal' Doom. So no, not the band for me.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.06.2006 - 06:33
mvikred

ive jus heard 'tales of creation' and i totally loved it ... the vocals have so much range and variety .... i was surely impressed .. not a big fan of doom metal, but candlemass is an exception .... planning to explore the remaining albums soon. i hope i am not disappointed
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
09.06.2006 - 07:40
Warrior Poet
Account deleted
Great band, I especially like 'Dark are the Veils of Death' & 'A Sorcerer's Pledge' amazing songs.
09.06.2006 - 15:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Have to re-consider my opinion. I love Epicus Doomicus Metallicus. I think it needed some time to grow on me.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.06.2006 - 23:22
Infurnace

My favourite Doom Metal band. They are one of the few Doom Metal bands I like. I'm not a huge Doom Metal fan or anything, but they have some really interresting albums, such as "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus" and their self-titled album. "Solitude", "Demon's Gate" and "Black Dwarf" are my favourite songs.
08.08.2006 - 00:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
*pushes thread back up*

Man, how much can an opinion change. I hated them at first, but they are one of myf avorite bands. Epicus Doomicus Metallicus is one of my fav. albums, that's for sure. I am currently trying to get that album through E-Bay, should get it soon. Man, I love it!
----

10.08.2006 - 00:08
Dyscolia
Account deleted
Great band, almost cult i think. Their last cd kicks some majorr asss!!
10.08.2006 - 00:33
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yeah, definalty cult. I want EDM.. why doesn't it arrive..
----

10.08.2006 - 10:37
Valar
IndianSteel
Candlemass had done a Black Sabbath Medley, its outstanding....
I think its included in the remastered version of EDM.....
Defn Worth checkin out.......!!
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
10.08.2006 - 19:03
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
What about the bells of Acheron, a great song! I really love that piece
12.08.2006 - 15:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I just got EDM. I am listening to the live in birmingham disc, and it is soooo disappointing!

I hate whoever sings! But anyway, I don't buy it for that disc, so whatever. The normal disc is great as fuck!
----

20.08.2006 - 02:36
Anathemani@c

Even if I listen so much in doom/death metal bands, I don't know why, but I haven't actually liked Candlemass. I find them very boring and repeatable
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
04.10.2006 - 12:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Anathemani@c on 20.08.2006 at 02:36

Even if I listen so much in doom/death metal bands, I don't know why, but I haven't actually liked Candlemass. I find them very boring and repeatable

But Candlemass is not detah/doom metal its traditional doom metal, its like lil slower early Metallica IMO

Quote:
I'm not that fond of them but I love 'Solitude' that song is just absolutely amazing

Well peronaly I like Mirror Mirror song but you can hera first album for free herer and its band quality
http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/Candlemass.html

And ofical My Space http://www.myspace.com/candlemassdoom
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.10.2006 - 09:23
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Bad English on 04.10.2006 at 12:22

But Candlemass is not detah/doom metal its traditional doom metal, its like lil slower early Metallica IMO

Thats a unfair comparison i think K7, Candlemass is completely different and epic:) Neways different opinions exist.
----
05.10.2006 - 17:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valar on 05.10.2006 at 09:23

Thats a unfair comparison i think K7, Candlemass is completely different and epic:) Neways different opinions exist.

Epic., Traditiomnal doom, ther ear eno diferencies only one Epic are in end of 80ties and 90ties, but treaditional was born in 60ties, ehh its same genre
----

apos;'
[image]
05.10.2006 - 18:57
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Bad English on 05.10.2006 at 17:53

Written by Valar on 05.10.2006 at 09:23

Epic., Traditiomnal doom, ther ear eno diferencies only one Epic are in end of 80ties and 90ties, but treaditional was born in 60ties, ehh its same genre

man i was talking about the slower metallica thing i completely agree they are traditional doom metal......
----
05.10.2006 - 19:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Indian Sreal - man well for me it sound slike slow Metallica, even if its epic, if Candlemass can play fast us Metallica in 80ties its be Metallica
----

apos;'
[image]
14.02.2007 - 07:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
cheesiest band. ever. and this is coming from a manowar fan, I just watch the video for 'bewitched' and I think im gonna be sick from injesting so much cheese through my eyeballs. funny music though.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.02.2007 - 23:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 14.02.2007 at 07:33

cheesiest band. ever. and this is coming from a manowar fan, I just watch the video for 'bewitched' and I think im gonna be sick from injesting so much cheese through my eyeballs. funny music though.

well if we talking so then Manowar are cheesiest band how Candlemass
----

apos;'
[image]
13.03.2007 - 01:48
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
Amazing band. Love them. Crystal Ball has got to be my favorite song by them. Not sure why though.
17.03.2007 - 13:53
Freezer

I listened to Epicus Doomicus Metallicus and Tales of Creation, i liked the both of them, which other of their releases deserve to be heard?
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
05.05.2007 - 12:02
Sunioj

I got Epics Doomicus by coincidence and the thing is I never heard Doom in my life...this shit is good. Very good, I loved every minute of it, especially the vocals are very epic.