03. Hello (For You I'm Dying)
04. World's Gone Crazy
05. Too Much Of Anything
06. Nostalgia
07. Lovemaker/Soulshaker
08. The Jumpoff
09. This Heart
10. Cowboys

What the hell is that new band 4Lyn? Don't tell me please that it's a new trendy EMO band? Ok ok ok, that's one of them god damn and you can trust me they do and play all what I hate! I have nothing against Pop and Rock bands in general really but please help me to say NO to all these horrible EMO bands. NO NO NO!

There is all what I dislike in this album. First the songs are mega commercial and even if at least they are a bit punchy, they're so "trendy", between US Punk and false Gothic, stuff that it's just terrible in the end. Plus the singer has this terrible EMO voice (yes the one that all the EMO singers have) and of course it doesn't help the few good writings of the album. Some ambiances can be ok though but all in all this is too soft and easy to be acceptable for a basic metalhead. Sure I don't have any doubt about the fact that the band will find fans but I don't think that these people will come from the metal scene because I'm sorry to say one more time but this is just two really different worlds!

So ok we have catchy tunes on this release but they're just perfect for radios and 12 years girls who believe that they're gothic. The lyrics which talk about love (as always) are dull as hell and even if I tried to listen to the whole album I didn't find anything good in this release. The only positive point of "Hello" comes from its production which is really good, but the songs, the musicians, the singer are all really average or bad. With all my respect to 4Lyn, I just think that this album is not for me and I will not recommend it to anybody here.

Sorry if you're a fan of 4Lyn, I have nothing against this band really but their last release is just uninteresting as hell. I'm still wondering how this kind of music works today and I'm not even sure that I will understand it one day, but please my metalheads friends, if one day you're in front of a CD of this bands go away as soon as possible, 4Lyn will not be the band which will save the EMO trend?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 4
Songwriting: 4
Originality: 4
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 26.04.2008

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 18 users
09.08.2008 - 14:28
vixious
Account deleted
I've only heard a few songs from this album. But knowing 4lyn from beginning I want to say my opinion about your review. Calling and comparing 4lyn to emo band is really unprofessional. The simplest way to judge someone is to lump his together, because he sings about love like others in this sack. Okay, for 4lyn those records are soft, but if you want to play metal or hardcore, do you have to be hard, relentless? Why changes are bad? Why do they ruin their earlier achievements and show them as a usual, stupid band??Yeah, it's good to know that after 10 years of playing good music you're level to standards of new music wave, which has nothing special to say?-.-
I know that for people who already started listening 4lyn they might sound usual, but for the ones who are their old fans, they still sound good, maybe more soft, but they're still respectable 4lyn.
Music is an art. And by art, you can express your feelings, even if they're believed to be dull, they're still important to people who care about them. When we listen to the music, we usually think about quality of recording, sounds, lyrics. We don't wonder what were motives to do/write/record it in that way.
02.12.2008 - 22:49
Rating: 4
Promonex
Cathemeral
Oh damn, we have 4Lyn on this site?!

Written by Guest on 09.08.2008 at 14:28

I've only heard a few songs from this album. But knowing 4lyn from beginning I want to say my opinion about your review.

Knowing 4Lyn from the beginning I want to say my opinion about your post.

Calling and comparing 4lyn to emo band is really unprofessional.

No, it isn't. Not if he hit the nail on the head. Which he did.

Okay, for 4lyn those records are soft, but if you want to play metal or hardcore, do you have to be hard, relentless? Why changes are bad? Why do they ruin their earlier achievements and show them as a usual, stupid band?

4Lyn aren't even trying to play metal anymore. No, of course changes like this which make the band appealing to the Tokio Hotel generation aren't bad at all. And no, of course their early achievements are just as present as they always were - just go to a concert nowadays and of course they'll still play all the great stuff like "Husky" or "One 2 Three" from back then...

I know that for people who already started listening 4lyn they might sound usual, but for the ones who are their old fans, they still sound good, maybe more soft, but they're still respectable 4lyn.

Err no. For someone who experienced his first wall of death on a 4Lyn concert they sound like dull, boring and trend-oriented pussies.

Music is an art. And by art, you can express your feelings, even if they're believed to be dull, they're still important to people who care about them. When we listen to the music, we usually think about quality of recording, sounds, lyrics. We don't wonder what were motives to do/write/record it in that way.

The review described the music as boring and the lyrics as cheesy as can be, regardless of the band's reasons. No matter whether the band had to follow trends in order to stay in the game or not, this record is just plain bad. And so were the two preceding albums. I'm off for some "Neon" now...
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26

Hits total: 3220 | This month: 9