Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest vs. Motörhead

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 18.08.2008 - 23:18
a simple question which just dawned on me.. of course i'll say Priest, Motorhead changed their sound a bit over the years, but there aren't really 2 albums which honestly don't sound like the same band, unlike the Metal Gods, take for example Rocka Rolla, Jugulator, Point of Entry and Painkiller. as for Motorhead of course Lemmy is a machine and could play a 10 hour concert or something..

but Priest had such a huge influence on metal subgenres, they've been in the game longer than Motorhead, and are basically the thrash metal prophets, with their heavy 70's songs (Exciter, Tyrant, Diamonds and Rust etc)

Priest it is! (what a surprise for people who know me lmao)

Poll

which is better?

Judas Priest
Motorhead

Total votes: 52
29.08.2008 - 03:50
thesabbathfan

tough one. i'm going to have to say Motorhead, because Lemmy is just that much cooler than anyone in Priest =D
----
01.09.2008 - 02:30
Iron Priest

Written by thesabbathfan on 29.08.2008 at 03:50

tough one. i'm going to have to say Motorhead, because Lemmy is just that much cooler than anyone in Priest =D

lol lemmy wishes he had as much talent as Halfords baby toe. Priest wins for Guitars, Vocals, Writing, and most importantly impact and significance
01.09.2008 - 03:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Iron Priest on 01.09.2008 at 02:30

lol lemmy wishes he had as much talent as Halfords baby toe. Priest wins for Guitars, Vocals, Writing, and most importantly impact and significance

He said cooler, not more talented. I'll admit Priest are better on a technical level, but I've been listening to Motorhead for so long I've got the whole sentimental attachment thing going on. That and I'm a fan of a lot of punk so naturally Motorhead is more for me.

EDIT: And personally I think this poll is a bit unfair due to popularity level. Its a nice comparison if you get someone whose objective towards both bands, but frankly I think everyone listens to Priest, not everyone listens to Motorhead. I think a more balanced comparison wouldve been Judas Priest VS Iron Maiden and Motorhead VS Saxon. But if theres no bias' at hand, this is a great poll.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.09.2008 - 04:54
Iron Priest

Written by Doc G. on 01.09.2008 at 03:05

He said cooler, not more talented. I'll admit Priest are better on a technical level, but I've been listening to Motorhead for so long I've got the whole sentimental attachment thing going on. That and I'm a fan of a lot of punk so naturally Motorhead is more for me.

EDIT: And personally I think this poll is a bit unfair due to popularity level. Its a nice comparison if you get someone whose objective towards both bands, but frankly I think everyone listens to Priest, not everyone listens to Motorhead. I think a more balanced comparison wouldve been Judas Priest VS Iron Maiden and Motorhead VS Saxon. But if theres no bias' at hand, this is a great poll.

I stand corrected on the "cooler" subject. but I'll disagree with that too. Yes this was a one sided vote. But if it was Iron Maiden vs Priest then it would be one sided in favour of maiden. I like Priest a whole lot better but I know Maiden is more popular simply because you can ask any non-metal head and they will say "Oh I know maiden"
01.09.2008 - 09:55
thesabbathfan

Written by Iron Priest on 01.09.2008 at 04:54

Written by Doc G. on 01.09.2008 at 03:05

I stand corrected on the "cooler" subject. but I'll disagree with that too. Yes this was a one sided vote. But if it was Iron Maiden vs Priest then it would be one sided in favour of maiden. I like Priest a whole lot better but I know Maiden is more popular simply because you can ask any non-metal head and they will say "Oh I know maiden"

Motorhead vs Saxon would be a good poll.

but about the Maiden popularity thing, this is metal storm, there isn't gonna be any non metalheads here
----
14.05.2011 - 00:59
Ghostdancer

I genuinely love both bands...but I'm going with the minority...I prefer Motorhead. It's just a mean, raw, nasty band. Lemmy rules!!
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
14.05.2011 - 02:13
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Priest wrote Painkiller. Nothing more needs to be said.
14.05.2011 - 05:50
Yasmine

Written by Guest on 14.05.2011 at 02:13

+1 but I did lol at this.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
25.05.2011 - 02:56
king_matt

Priest. They're just better all-around.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
25.05.2011 - 15:27
Bulletdodger

Nu'ff said ...
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
25.05.2011 - 18:11
Guib
Thrash Talker
Oh well... I'm never been a big Judas fan but I always liked Motorhead. So guess where goes my vote
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
27.05.2011 - 02:59
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Written by Yasmine on 14.05.2011 at 05:50

Written by Guest on 14.05.2011 at 02:13

+1 but I did lol at this.

+2. The same exact reason.
27.05.2011 - 03:05
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 25.05.2011 at 18:11

Oh well... I'm never been a big Judas fan but I always liked Motorhead. So guess where goes my vote

Same with me, am with Motorhead, and i think "Painkiller" is awesome.