Metal Storm logo
Suspyre - Announces New Keyboardist

American progressive metallers Suspyre have announced the addition of April Sese to the group's ranks:

"It didn't occur to me at the time to ask them if they needed a keyboardist, but as soon as I saw the audition bulletin on MySpace a year later, I jumped at the opportunity," April said, "Everything happened so quickly. It still feels like a dream. I can't believe I'm actually performing the keyboard and orchestral parts I only fantasized about playing a year ago. The guys are great. They're so talented, original and creative. Not to mention it's so easy to get along with them. They definitely know how to get a musician to evolve."

Vocalist Clay Barton comments:
"We are very grateful to have April in the band because she is an amazing keyboardist with a diverse musical background. The song "April in the Fall" and others mean so much more having keyboards behind it for our live performances so we are extremely happy to have an official keyboardist now."

Background information on April:

April Sese [photo] was born into a musical family. Her grandfather founded a professional 7 piece band in the 70s that included her mother on drums, father on guitar, aunt on vocals, uncle on sax and keys, plus family friends on bass and male vocals. Her family exposed her to a wide range of musical genres. Needless to say, she has been an eclectic music lover her entire life. She began her classical training on piano at the age of 7 and continued on for thirteen years under Yoomi Choi from the Manhattan School of Music. During high school she accompanied choral groups, sang for jazz band and participated in various music-related competitions and events. She currently takes private music theory lessons at The Collective in New York City under Hernando Fernandez and Bob Quaranta.

April has a deep appreciation for originality and integration of various musical elements and genres, which is what drew her toward Suspyre like a moth to a flame. Ironically, April first discovered Suspyre through her friend's radio show in the summer of 2007 with the song "April in the Fall." Shortly after looking them up on MySpace and leaving comments about the "awesome keys" and bizarre parallels between her and the character April in A Great Divide, she met with Gregg Rossetti and Rich Skibinsky, with other fans, over dinner.

Source: sayitdigital.com
Band profile: Suspyre
Posted: 18.08.2008 by abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 10 users
19.08.2008 - 00:43
Symmachus

Awesome.

Hits total: 2885 | This month: 11