Metal Storm logo
2009 Album You're Most Looking Forward To.

Original post

Posted by Elio, 19.08.2008 - 19:53
Hello guys! 2009 will bring great albums...now I ask you which one you attend most.
Personally, I cannot wait for new Wintersun album, Time, which a lot of metalhead here await. That's why this band (Jari Maenpaa an Kai Hahto) have done greatly with their first omonymous album.
Of course I hope this will be even better!
Please specify your choose.

Poll

What is the next year release which you attend most??

Other (specify)
Wintersun - Time
Iron Maiden - TBA
Kreator - TBA
Agalloch - TBA
Atheist - TBA
Candlemass - TBA
Deep Purple - TBA

Total votes: 150
31.08.2008 - 09:44
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I voted 'other'. Of course that I'm looking forward to Wintersun and Maiden's albums.. but I'm more anxious about Kamelot and Eternal Tears of Sorrow.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
07.09.2008 - 04:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted other. So far, Cattle Decapitation's newest album is my most anticipated release of 2009, but that could change when more shit gets announced.

Edit - I'm not sure if Morbid Angel will release their new album this year or next, but that is without a doubt my most anticipated album in general.
07.09.2008 - 12:15
Nego
Account deleted
Wintersun - Time... because their first album was very good
07.09.2008 - 16:59
TheBigRossowski

Without a doubt in mind, the new Secrets of the Moon. From what I understand, it just got pushed into the new year. I can't wait to hear it! I don't even know what to expect from the album either...

I got a boner.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
07.09.2008 - 18:29
Darkside Momo
Retired
Even if I'm certainly awaiting eagerly the new Kreator and Morbid Angel and Atheist albums, I voted OTHER.

Because Disillusion will release their new album in 2009, so there is no higher priority for me.

Unless Skyclad reunites with Martin Walkier, of course.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.08.2008 at 00:23

Like NervCas I am not looking forward to anything specifically (only Candlemass a little) cause I find it much more enjoyable to be surprised by unknown or semi unknown. And also the fact that usually the album you're looking forward to turns out to be a major disappointment when they hit the store...

well, I could go on and on and on and on

Ooh Marcel, you sound sooo grumpy here...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
08.09.2008 - 04:59
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Waiting for Borknagar's new album at january, new drummer, Ryland and Tyr are back on the guitar and bass... great expectatives
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
08.09.2008 - 05:39
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
well wintersun gets my vote... if it does indeed get released next year

Be'lakor's new album also is up there just behind it...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
08.09.2008 - 05:47
Stigmatized
From the list, it's definitely Agalloch. I loved The White EP so I'm interested to see how a new album will be.
08.09.2008 - 06:29
MetalSpider

Assuming it gets released in 2009...Wintersun - Time.

Im also looking forward to Iron Maiden's new album and Kamelot's new one as well.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
08.09.2008 - 08:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
For Wintersun fans:

17.10.2008 - 15:27
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I cant wait for both iron maiden and wintersun new albums
17.10.2008 - 21:58
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I chose Wintersun just because of the sheer length its taken to come out (5 YEARS). other then that on the list Agalloch is a close second and then Kreator. other then whats on the list I await Immortals new album, My Dying Brides New Album, Slayers New Album, and maybe a new Hypocrisy album.
----
Coldgrits
18.10.2008 - 17:56
Demonmayonnaise

Slayers new album for sure. Megadeth (Hopefully its good). Warbringers new album. Kreator.
18.10.2008 - 19:00
Kurzag
Account deleted
The new albums from Agalloch and Insomnium
07.11.2008 - 02:26
mortjoyeux

Can't wait for Iron Maiden's new album, and one from Candlemass.
07.11.2008 - 04:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Dangerboner on 08.09.2008 at 08:04

For Wintersun fans:

Except it should be Jari holding his dick out instead of a hand holding a peanut.

Why is this a poll? Anyways, I'm probably most looking forward to Destroyer 666's upcoming, I'm curious what they'll come up with after all this time, I noticed quite big differences between Cold Steel... and Phoenix Rising, it'll be interesting to hearhow this one will sound...

Written by Guest on 21.08.2008 at 10:56

Written by Valentin B on 21.08.2008 at 10:27

Written by Guest on 21.08.2008 at 08:38

I´m looking forward for the next release date of Guns 'n Roses "Chinese Democracy"...

i thought it was never gonna be released

but i think that if it's gonna be released, it's probably gonna get out in 2015 or something

You are a bonehead... :-) That was sarcastic!

Your both wrong! Bahahah Nov 23 bitches! 2008...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.11.2008 - 04:34
Hrothdane

Kamelot all the way. They are just too amazing.

When I saw them live a couple weeks ago, it appeared that Roy Khan was experimenting some with some occasional growls. I want to see how that turns out
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
07.11.2008 - 05:44
thesabbathfan

Time, man!

I'm so addicted to the first. I just want the next so bad >.<
----
07.11.2008 - 07:40
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Suffocation's Blood Oath, no doubts or challenge there ! First album with Nuclear Blast also, don't know if that's good or bad though.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
07.11.2008 - 08:26
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
^^^ yeh suffocation is pretty high on my wanted list... but its very hard to go past wintersun, the hype surrounding this release is huge, and hopefully they can deliver!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
07.11.2008 - 15:08
Kasper

It's Wintersun - Time for me, been waiting for this album for sooo long. And I really hope it lives up to my expectations, because I just love their first album. ;-p
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
07.11.2008 - 16:20
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Doc G. on 07.11.2008 at 04:22

Why is this a poll?

Because I wanted to see if Time would be higher than other as I thought...and yeah, one album is almost tied with thousands of album summed.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
07.11.2008 - 16:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Atm probably Virgin Black's album Pianissimo. Specially because it's gonna be a full classical album. No metal there as far as I know

I'm a sucker to classical music and I hope they will create an awesome album. They never let me down anyway.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.11.2008 - 17:04
routa
Account deleted
Other. And that would be the next Absu full lenght (at least that's the only one that comes to mind right now).
07.11.2008 - 17:27
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.11.2008 at 16:44

Atm probably Virgin Black's album Pianissimo. Specially because it's gonna be a full classical album. No metal there as far as I know

I'm a sucker to classical music and I hope they will create an awesome album. They never let me down anyway.

Sounds interesting. I have still to listen to Fortissimo though.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
07.11.2008 - 17:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Elio on 07.11.2008 at 17:27

Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.11.2008 at 16:44

Sounds interesting. I have still to listen to Fortissimo though.

Both are good. The requiem series were supposed to have a sequel.
The first one shuld be Pianissimo but I don't know why they couldn't realese it.
Anyway, Pianissimo is the pure classical stuff. Messo Forte is in the middle, more similar to their usual stuff from the first two albums.
And Fortissimo is the other extreme side of the sequel with their heaviest stuff that the band has ever done
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.11.2008 - 00:25
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 07.11.2008 at 08:26

^^^ yeh suffocation is pretty high on my wanted list... but its very hard to go past wintersun, the hype surrounding this release is huge, and hopefully they can deliver!

It would be funny if the new Wintersun just turns out to be not so good lol. Same for Necrophagist, it seems both these bands are missing some inpiration because it's taking so fucking looong.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
17.11.2008 - 02:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Visioneerie on 17.11.2008 at 00:25

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 07.11.2008 at 08:26

It would be funny if the new Wintersun just turns out to be not so good lol. Same for Necrophagist, it seems both these bands are missing some inpiration because it's taking so fucking looong.

Why is the hype so immense concerning Wintersun? I really don't understand. Their debut was average at best anyway. As for the new Necrophagist... I think for all you people looking out for that one it would be better to pick up Obscura - Cosmogenesis which will be released on March 2nd. Obscura has Jeroen Paul Thesseling on bass (he played bass for Pestilence on Spheres) and will also feature former Necrophagist members Hannes Grossmann and Christian Muenzner. Listening session for the new album will be on December 28th at 013 in Tilburg, The Netherlands, and be sure I will write a report on it.

here's a link to their Myspace site for some samples:
http://www.myspace.com/realmofobscura
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.11.2008 - 13:55
Demigodc

Wintersun - Time, the first one was a masterpiece and it has been 4 fucking years without a new Wintersun release, can't wait for it.
17.11.2008 - 19:13
symphony theater
Account deleted
I voted iron maiden but im awaiting for wintersun and slayer in a mad mood.